“Authentic mexican; better than the fancier places”

Rincon Norteno Cafe
Ranked #37 of 148 Restaurants in Indio
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I love authentic; a buddy who graduated Indio High in the 70's recommended this place; it was great. Menu has items i'd never heard of at a mexican place; that is, i go to the fancy Las Casuelas and miss the local experience.

I had a great Spare Ribs dinner (mexican spare ribs). And the beer is super!

ps, owner is a great guy; i love to see him when i visit; he took my mother almost into the kitchen to show her how the Chile Rellenos were made....lovely!

Reviewed July 11, 2010

If you want some bomb Mexican food, then this is the place to go. Authentic and awesome! You can't go wrong with the enchiladas or chili verde. The restaurant isn't in a prime location, but as long as the place is still standing, it's all good to me.
Their chili is great! Some days it's hotter than others, and the hot days will have me asking for 3-4 soda refills.
If you're going to order breakfast, I'm pretty sure they serve it all day, ask 'em to bring you an extra side of bacon, medium, so it's still sizzling on the plate while they bring it out to you.

Their drink menu needs updating and happy hour needs to offer more...if it's happy hour time and I had to choose, I'm off to another restaurant, maybe even Rockin' Baja in La Quinta.

My only complaint is the prices of the large quantity rice and beans. $30/each for a pan? That's over priced. It's nice to spruce up your carne asada and fajita dinner, but at $60 a pop, not including salsa, it'll probably set you back even more than your meat/chicken did, and that doesn't make sense. That's my only gripe.