“Nice older park” 4 of 5 bubbles

Indian Wells RV Park
Ellensburg, Washington
“Nice older park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Nice clean well established park with asphalt drives and pads, well manicured lawn and mature trees and bushes. Nice fenced doggy play area with grass. They have security that patrols all evening. Lots of programs and things to do. Swimming pool, Spa, Shuffleboard court indoors, Billiards, Horseshoes, Bingo and cards. Great water pressure.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bob55555

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kootenays, BC, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

If you like feeling like a sardine at the bottom of the can, then this is the park for you! My husband & I have travelled all across Canada & almost 2/3rds of the US, and this is, quite frankly, the resort with among the smallest sites we've ever come across.

We have a 40' motorhome & we were given a site against the fence (back in only) between 2 very full trees. By the time we wedged our coach in there, we ended up pulling forward & trying again in order to push it closer to the coach next to us - there wouldn't have been any way to put our living room slide out if we hadn't made some adjustments. Thus, we lost our "patio" because of the need to move over. Since the "patio" is about the size of a postage stamp, we didn't lose much!

I understand that February is a busy time of year, but if they can't fit you comfortably into a site, then one of 2 things should happen: significant discount off the $60+ a nite fee or suggest another resort!

All that being said, the park has many amenities & I understand why people would gravitate there. A calendar of events, 2-3 swimming pools thru the resort, laundry facilities, restrooms, off-leash dog area, and proximity to shopping & restaurants. The staff is also very friendly & helpful (except for the security guy, who flipped out because we'd parked our tow vehicle cross-ways, rather than straight on! We parked the way we'd been told at the front registration, but he was NOT happy with that! We re-parked his way, leaving the truck sticking into the roadway about 5 feet! Seemed legit.... yes, that's sarcasm!)

However, we were unimpressed & definitely won't recommend it or stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank KellyBS123
Port Alberni, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband and I live full time in our 38 foot 5th wheel. We have stayed here three times over the past five years, each time for 3 to 4 months. We love the social life, the activities and the dog run - a great grassed and fenced space. The spots are almost all spacious and have lawns, shrubs and palm trees. We find the rent gets a lot higher each time, and were annoyed that some folks paid $199 for 2 wks in December while we paid over $1000 for the month. The residents' association is awesome and work tirelessly to organize great activities like hiking, shuffleboard, dances, socials, golf, quilting, poker, etc. etc. etc. You name it, you can do it here. We find also that there is some maintenance needed but overall the park is in nice shape. The park has 3 pools, a small gym, several coin laundries, and a reasonably large clubhouse and patio. The park is kept very clean and tidy.

Room Tip: The park is located on Jefferson in Indio, which is fairly busy, so you might want to ask for a spot...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
3 Thank cmnarles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I enjoyed this park but it appears to geared for bigger rigs than mine (I'm only 19 feet) and longer stays. There are lots of activities in the Park and the Park staff seemed very nice. I only gave it 3 stars because although it was fairly quiet except for the trucks passing by on their way to and from their trailers, I didn't have have much of a view. My spot was up against a wall. Above the wall there was a view but not the sort of view one would like to pull out a chair and relax. Also although I walked all around the Park 3 or 4 times I got bored with the available walking... I travel with dogs. The pool / hot tub closes rather early but I did get to the hot tub, it could have been warmer / hotter... it was very cold out that night. The shower was disappointingly tepid although it was hot the following morning. It was nice and roomy though and clean! The price was good considering how overpriced a lot of RV Parks are in the area. I'd like to see more of the gorgeous desert stars at night and a nicer view of the mountains. i wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, but it's not really for the "little guys" like me.

Room Tip: There are more premium sites, some with a nice view of the waterways which might be nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Gingersky
Redwood City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

I enjoyed our stay at this park. The staff was incredibly freindly. I had emailed them a few times before arrival to confirm some information and they were very responsive and helpful. The park was very clean and neat. The pools were nice too. Overall, it was a good place to stay and I would stay there again. It was a little on the expensive side, though. I think was due to it being a weekend when a music festival was going on. We paid $75/night which is high for an RV slot.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank seaside_sally_10
Campbell River, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

We booked in to the park for a week initially but stayed for two weeks, the park is clean and well maintained, the showers and outside pools are very good. The hot tubs could do with a vacuum to clean them out a bit more oftenas there was debris in them only noticeable when the jets stopped. Our spot was beside a full time guy who is a contractor by the looks of things, his trailer was pretty run down and had a lot of junk around it and under it so sitting out didn't have the nicest of views. Apart from that we enjoyed the park, it is so close to all the main stores and amenities in the surrounding areas. ie Costco, Walmart etc. We would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Peter C
Coachella Valley
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2009

I have been a full-time renter at this Mobile Home/RV resort for 4 years. I have never been a problem customer, paid every month on time and have stayed pretty low-key. I have to believe that I am every owner's dream customer. Recently, however, I was bumped out of a spot I had selected for the summer. As consolation for being bumped, the office staff allowed me to pick another prime spot. We live in the desert and most people leave during the summer. After moving to the other spot, I was then bumped again for a "short time renter". As a long time customer, I don't expect preferential treatment, just equal. I am a Hispanic professional male and have never felt that my race played a part in how I was treated, but I did feel that with this staff. I will gladly pay more at another establishment- we have many in our area- to be treated with dignity and respect.

• Stayed May 2009
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
21 Thank JHGandCo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indio
The Chateau at Lake La Quinta
Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa
Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta
Shadow Hills RV Resort
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Indian Wells RV Park? Share your experiences!