“Decent for one night”

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Benson, Arizona
“Decent for one night”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I was a bit skeptical on staying here since some of the reviews made this hotel sound horrible but I was actually surprised. It was conveniently located off the freeway, room was clean enough and bed was pretty comfortable. The size of the room was a lot smaller than expected and there were little things that bothered me. We had no garbage can anywhere in our room so there was some garbage from previous guests, parking lot was really small as were the parking spots. But as my title states this hotel was decent for one night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Brandi00

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

It was in a good location and the beds were comfortable. My only complaint is the pool wasn't heated. The manager said he is working on that and it should be next year. The manager was very friendly. We might try them again if we stay in Indio

• Stayed March 2014
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have stayed at the Economy Inn a couple of times before, and my stay there has always been a pleasant stay. The staff has always been more than helpful. But regretfully this stay will be my last. I have a zero tolerance for drugs. And during my stay the housekeepers came to clean my room just reeked of marijuana. And this is just unacceptable, And I will be filing a formal compliant with the correct agencies. These two should be terminated immediately.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Indio hotels

Laughlin, Nevada
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Me and my husband stayed here last year around this time and it has improved I'm so happy they still have that wonderful housekeeper..... and there price is always at a
Great rate this place ain't no big fancy hotel and the location ain't the very best but I had a. Wonderful stay and plan to stay here when I visit the Coachella Valley!

Room Tip: Room 129 is one of the best its right in front of pool
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Cranbrook, Canada
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We were booked to stay in Palm Springs, but our hotels there was not up to our expectations so we had to look elsewhere. We found this motel by accident, the staff on the front desk was very friendly and helpful. We were pleasant surprised by our room, It was very clean, there was a fridge and microwave in it, the king size bed was very comfortable and the towels and linen were spotless. It had a 36" flat screen TV. The bath room was above average size, very clean.The price was good too

Room Tip: very good value for money
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shep27
Plymouth, MN-
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed at this place for only one night. The young staff member in the baseball cap at the counter was exceptionally friendly and offered directions and suggestions for places to eat. The facility was pretty new and clean inside the rooms, with refrigerators and microwaves, which I always like to have. They offered a small continental breakfast in the office, which was good added value.

Outdoor pool with lounge area was nice to sit around, and possibly for a dip, but I didn't try that.

Perhaps staying at one of the casinos is cheaper and more convenient, with a restaurant inside, but we didn't investigate that.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kurt R
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We were only looking for a quick stay over on our way to Laguna. It was okay but we definitely didn't feel safe. We've stayed in many places and had experiences on every spectacle. This one will be another one to remember and I doubt we'll ever stay again. The biggest issue: it needs updating in the most severe way. We stayed in rm 119. It was "clean" to the eye but we didn't feel clean being there. Room had two double beds and it was really small. The lock in the door didn't feel adequate and therefore we pushed a chair in front of it. Previous posters stated the fridge wasn't even plugged in and that's exactly right. The sheets were questionably clean and we sprayed them with Lysol since we always bring it with us. A couple big pluses: very close and easy access to get back on the interstate and the beds were actually comfortable. Several people complained or mentioned the train but ad we live in the city it was no big deal and the train never pulled the horn as its on a dedicated line with no crossroads.

• Stayed May 2013