“Friendyly staff” 5 of 5 stars

City Center Motel
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Indio
“Friendyly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

The staff at this location really make the difference! At check-in, they were friendly and fast, and all other staff we encountered were responsive to requests and very friendly. The hotel is kept up well, everything was clean. For the price I paid I was very happy Overall, this was a very good experience, and I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Dave B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise. Looks like a seedy SRO from the street. Inside, big comfy (very firm) bed, lovely little renovated bathroom, nice paint job, working fridge, and robust wifi. Clean!! And attentive staff. We walked an hour into town and had a really good repast and beer at La Tapatio restaurant. A real gem.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Deborah C
Lincoln Acres, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed here for our Daughter's Wedding. It was close to Fantasy Springs Casino and the Wedding Venue. Saturday very early I got up and went to find coffee and came back around 7 am? the car was directly in front of our room. I left the car unlocked with my Garmin GPS on the seat. I went in to shower and was gone about 45 minutes, when I returned the GPS was gone. The office was very kind to look on security video and indeed see that someone apparently a street person? took it. I believe street thieves or issues may abound here, as we were told folks from the street come in to get ice from machine by office???
I am writing this review to let you know that you cannot leave your car unlocked for any length of time, we had tons of valuables with us for the wedding and had any of them been in my car and we had we looked the other way we could have been at a huge loss. I know this is my fault and not the property owners fault, however, I do believe you need to be warned. It is a hassel to beep beep the unlock tons of times coming and going only 5 feet from your car as you load and unload but please do so if you have anything of value in your car.
As far as the room itself, I feel it was overpriced at $82.50 per nite total. We arrived early and checked in around noon, however, we did not notify office so our a/c was not on. It was 105 outside and hot inside for the rest of the afternoon, impossible to bring down the room temp and the bathroom temp. We finally closed the door to the bathroom and let it be hot in there. The room finally cooled down late late evening and was cool all nite. In all fairness the manager said she would have turned the a/c on if she knew we were arriving early. I am not sure how it works if you arrive later in afternoon, but I would like a room to be cool when I arrive.
I did enjoy the pool very much, very cool and refreshing, you do have to ask the manager to open it as I cannot reach over gate to unlock, kinda irritating, but the manager was nice about it. I was in and out of pool tons of times to keep cool. I noticed that coming back into the room with wet feet created mud, the floor was dirty, I hate that aspect. So I used the towels to kinda mop up but is does occur to me that someone should wet mop the floors and or keep the sidewalk swept up better so this is not an issue.
The beds are extra extra firm, that's ok with me but you may want to consider that. Also we ran out of toilet paper before our room was cleaned but they promptly provided another roll.
The second nite we were able to sleep without A/C because the weather just turned out cool. I noticed the lack of a/c noise was great, however, someone had thrown a large empty can outside our door and the wind was rattling rattling it all around for hours until I finally went out to see what it was and threw can in trash. I think they need signs to not leave anything of value in car locked or not. I know it was my fault that my car was unlocked, however, I am not sure if goodies had been in plain site that if would not have been broken into, so you need to lug everything in with you. In our case we had hundreds of dollars in formal wear and jewelery alone for wedding and as we were unpacking those could have been taken, after all this was broad day lite although early morning. Just felt you should know. The lack of our GPS made for great difficulties in commuting all around for wedding plans. But it could have been far far worse.

Room Tip: I just would not stay here again, too risky
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jimnme
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Its a small motel that is extremely clean, the rooms are the size that you will need. Please don't expect a huge room that you would get at the sheraton. If you want that go there, but you will be missing out on the friendly service and amazing owners.

I did go to this hotel for Coachella and the owners drove us to and from the venue for an extra charge. Basically it was a lot safer and easier to toss a couple of dollars knowing who we were going with.

They had fresh coffee and fruits in the morning (remember you don't get this with your big box chains)

Everybody that works there is amazing and sweet.

Would and will be back most defiantly. :)

See you next year!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CassandraSalsa1984
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Friendly staff, nice comfortable room. Asked for no smoking room but there were 2 ashtrays and ashes in the nightstand drawer. Beware if you have children - there was no TV channel list and when we turned on TV the screen was full of naked men and women in an orgy on lots of beds with closeups of their private parts. The motel is in an industrial area with few restaurants and shopping nearby but you can drive to those. We stayed on a 3 day weekend [Martin Luther King] but at over $90.00/night we didn't think it was a bargain. There is no breakfast but coffee's available in the lobby and fridge and microwave in the room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MarkandMary42
Whitehorse, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We booked for 2 nights into this hotel in January. We were given a dinky room. It was clean and the bathroom was very nice but it was extremely small for the price. My husband complained and we were given a bigger room automatically. The heater had to be turned on to cold for 20 minutes before the heat could be turned on so we sat outside to wait because it was warmer out there. The free internet didn't work until the office fixed it. The grounds especially around the unheated pool need to be upgraded The office was cooperative but we had to ask for everything.

Room Tip: There seems to be 2 kinds of room fr the same price. Ask for the larger room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Judith U
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The rooms are much better than one would expect given the location and type of motel. Nothing fancy, just not dinged up, dirty, and dilapidated. Niceties include a microwave, flat screen TV, and free WiFi. The woman one duty was quite friendly.

Two things; the beds are hard and the heating / cooling unit is noisy. To be fair, the heat and cooling units looked pretty new, having probably been refreshed at the same time as the rest of the room. But they are still noisy. For quiet heating and cooling you really do have to go to a fancier hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo