“What a Great Place To Stay”

Indian Palms Vacation Club
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Reviewed March 13, 2010

We had such a great stay at the Indian Palms. The staff, especially the General Manager were helpful and went out of their way to make our stay a pleasant one. The condo was so comfortable and so well stocked with whatever we would need. Such a wonderful getaway. I only wish we had more time to experience Indio, the surrounding areas and the Indian Palms. We WILL be back.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bekjenmar
There are newer reviews for Indian Palms Vacation Club

Reviewed March 6, 2010

As mentioned in other reviews, the resort is a bit old. However it had everything that was needed for a great vacation or business trip... especially the pillow-top King size bed.
What a fantastic staff! When I arrived there was fresh baked cookies in my room. The room was very clean. "Jose" greeted us at the door to let us know that he had left the doors and window open because he had just recently shampooed the carpets & was airing out the unit. Angela was always at the front desk to help with any questions anytime that I stopped in or called (which I did quite often). I think that it is a great that you can use the country club fitness center for yoga, spin & weight training classes right there on property. I normally have to try to locate a gym in the area that will allow me to use there facility, usually at $20 a day (this was only $5 a day). I had the pleasure to meet the manager "Adam" who seemed to have a genuine concern for his guests as well as his staff, great job! I'll be back!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank dakotakly
Reviewed July 25, 2009

The Good: The rooms were clean. Air conditioner worked (most of the time); word of advice: NEVER shut it off. I shut it off since we'd be gone most of the day but when I started it up again later that day it took hours for it to kick on. Quiet place.

The Bad: Lots of flies, bugs and insects I've never seen before. The rooms are nothing special. Only one bedroom had a TV but it wasn't too bad. I fell asleep on the couch a couple of times watching the other TV. Pools are very small and the BBQ grills are broken; I lit a tree branch and ran to the grill to light it on (it never worked). The temperature was scorching but you can blame the hotel. xD

The Ugly: Location. Every time you want to leave/come back from the complex, you have to drive around a country club and another hotel. It takes about 8 mins to get onto the main streets.

Recommend: Cimmaron Resort off Palm Drive exit. It's infinitely better.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2009

I stayed here for the weekend of the Coachella fest. I have been going to the Coachella fest for years and never though too much of my acommidations besides a mini fridge. Never have I been to a Hotel/Resort in this area that has had so much space and since we didnt have time to experiance too much of the local cuisine we were able to go to the grocery store and stock our giant Fridge with plenty of food and beverages. This two bedroom was very affordable and extremely spacious. I obviously had a great time at the Coachella Fest and it was almost closer to walk from this property then walk from the Festival parking lots. The Staff was extremely nice Especially Sally one of the Managers. She was especially helpful in getting us moved closer to the pool. The property was a little older but it didnt matter it had exactly what we were looking for and the staff and the size of the units more then made up for it.
Very Enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2009

Used Interval to exchange at the Indian Palms Vacation Club. First thing you need to know about this place is that you will be staying among many permanent residents, about half the units, of whom many did not seem to like having strangers amongst them and I think they all had dogs that would sound off every chance they had, like when you go to the pool, go to your car, take out the trash, etc, etc, eventhough vacationers are told no pets allowed. I booked a golf course view unit six months in advance only to be told upon arriving that there were none available. I was lucky enough to get pool side, which the kids enjoyed. The units are two story old and dated and small, the bathroom down stairs was smaller than the broom closet with only a small toilet and sink. The shower in the master ??bath upstairs was clostraphobic with no hot water, until maintenance fixed it a day and 1/2 after checking in, no hot showers for us on day one. The master bedroom was roomy and comfortable but the other bedroom was small, dark and had tiny, maybe twin size, uncomfortable beds. To sumerize my stay, I checked out after three days, which is the first time ever I didn't use my full week at vacation time.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank Big61
Reviewed November 18, 2008

My wife and I vacationed at the Indian Palms Vacation Club in Indio and had a wonderful time. The staff were very pleasant and went out of their way to make our stay very comfortable. I would recommend the spot to anyone looking for a nice place to stay for the money. There is more upgrading to be done in the next year and we can't wait to see how the units look. It's a little older but well maintained.

The golf was great and inexpensive when staying their. The Pro Shop staff were excellent and the food was wonderful.

1  Thank LionFred
Reviewed January 27, 2008

I had previously read in other reviews that the units at the Vacation Club were undergoing refurbishment. Unfortunately we didn't get one of those. The units were built in 1985 and clearly reflect that era. The rooms are small, but with adequate storage. Walls apparently were repainted over very shoddy repair efforts. Lighting was poor. The toilet and showers did not operate propertly The kitchen was good sized and well stocked; but the cabinet doors would not close. Dishes were chipped. The refrigerator was leaking; never did figure out from where. None of these items were corrected when reported to maintenance as of course that would require substantial work. Additionally there are no planned activities as we have enjoyed at even the smallest resort on previous exchanges.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Blokzijl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indio
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indio
Indian Palms Country Club & Resort
WorldMark Indio
WorldMark Indio
#3 of 16 in Indio

Been to Indian Palms Vacation Club? Share your experiences!