Indian Palms Vacation Club
$59
Best Western Date Tree Hotel(Indio)(Great Value!)
$107
$66
$62
$86
$79
QualityInn
Days Inn Indio(Indio)(Great Value!)
$56
RodewayInn
$73
City Center Motel(Indio)(Great Value!)
$70
$50
$54
  • Pool
All reviewsfull bathbath townhouseentrance gatedesert tripliving roommusic festivallaundry facilitieshome away from hometime sharehour driveempire poloenjoyed our stayfirst floorcondopoolsgolfshelly
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed here in unit 85 for 10 days while working at the Date Festival in February. Driving up to a gated and guarded golf course community made me feel safe and at ease in an unfamiliar area. I checked into my condo and was very pleased to notice how clean the entire place was kept. The queen size bed was so comfortable and even seemed much bigger than a queen. The little extras, like the welcome kit with popcorn, coffee and hot chocolate in the kitchen and breath right samples in the bathroom were a very nice touch and much appreciated.
Toward the middle of my stay, I was inconvenienced by my front door not opening. The key is styled as a card that you swipe to unlock the door. When I swiped my card, a red light came on and the door would not open. I was stuck outside in the cold very late at night after work for hours. I had called the office, could not reach anyone and could not be directed to any after hours line. I flagged down a security guard, Miguel, who attempted to help me, but nobody would answer his after hours call either. Finally, when the maintenance manager arrived, he explained that the battery on my door had died and he could not fix the problem until the following day. They were able to get the door open to let me inside, but if I closed it, I would have the same problem.
The next night I returned to my room after a long day of work and again, the same problem. I could not find the security guard to help me and the guards at the entrance gate stated they could not be much help because the 'Vacation Club' is separate from the rest of the community. Again I was stuck outside for hours after my 13 hour work shift. This is very unsafe for a young girl by herself.
On another note, a colleague of mine was staying in the condo two doors down from mine, unit 87. She told me she had woken up in the middle of the night from sounds of what she thought was someone trying to break in. She was very startled, but the noise had stopped and she thought she was just hearing things or maybe it was a bad dream. When we left for work in the morning, she noticed the screen covering the living room window was mangled and barley hanging on, as if someone had tried to break in. This was reported to security and they responded saying they would watch the area. This girl was so distraught over this, she ended up staying in my room with me in fear of being alone in that condo again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Kristen V
IPVC, General Manager at Indian Palms Vacation Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Hi Kristen V,
Thank you for your post. We're so glad you chose our property to stay with during the Date Festival that recently took place in the area. We're happy to hear you found our property clean and comfortable, as well as, enjoyed our accommodations. We greatly apologize for the issue you experienced with your door. We'd like to speak with you directly as we never want to our guests to feel uncomfortable or feel that their safety is compromised. Please email us your contact information at ipvc@grandpacificresorts.com. We hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed in a 2 story townhouse on the golf course. It is adequate, but tired. Everything you need is there and it is clean, just old (unless you get a newly refurbished town home with a tile bathroom). Beware being on the golf course means you get the grass sprinklers coming on very early in the morning, so if you are a light sleeper, choose a different location.
Best place to eat locally is The Tavern at the Empire Polo grounds, otherwise head into La Quinta for a great selection.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
IPVC, Manager at Indian Palms Vacation Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Hi hedgewog,
Thank you for reviewing Indian Palms Vacation Club. We appreciate your feedback regarding your experience. We're sorry to hear that your stay was unsatisfactory, however, we will share your concerns with our team and hope that we can welcome you back sometime in the future. We are currently in the process of upgrading our units.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Beware!!
There are two hotels with virtually the same name , at the same address and they are quite different . Even now I have difficulty in remembering which is which .
One has super two up two down houses which are really good with all the facilities you require . The other has a posh reception area with average one bedroom apartments .
Neither serve food but there is a good restaurant on site, parking is free and the golf range and course is very good. Go for the one with the two up and two down . It costs less and is significantly better value

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank komivong

Hi komivong,
Thank you for your review. We apologize for any confusion you may have experienced when staying at our property. We hope that your stay was satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We exchanged through RCI too. I've been in many time shares and this one is just adequate...it's just an apartment in an apartment complex. Space is fine although strangely laid out (big dining room at the back of the apartment--mostly wasted space--while the living room is smaller than it should be! Seating for only 3-4 people in living room. Old tvs. Note that there is only 1 1/2 baths which made mornings a bit more hectic. Really cheesy to charge extra for internet and "transponder" (to open security gates). Pools and hot tub very clean and underused. Beds are comfortable but sheets were old and slipped off the corners overnight. We received no cleaning midweek, although promised.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank tourgoddess

Hi tourgoddess,
Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that your experience did not live up to your expectations of our resort. We appreciate your honesty and invite you to contact us at ipvc@grandpacificresorts.com should you wish to share any additional details regarding your stay. We hope that we can welcome you back again in the future for a more improved experience.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Dishasher seal was broken, not cleaning dishes. We have to clean all dishes by hand. Blender was old dirty and no power. Coffee pot was old and has cracks. Dining room table all roughed up and some places are peeling. They took out washer and dryer from the unit but didn't cap the washing machine sewer line up. We have to walk 1/2 block and pay to do laundry. We stayed at many resorts this was the first time we have to pay to do laundry . Kitchen counter top had cracks and broken. Kitchen area had lots of ants. Tiles by the kitchen was cracked. The tiles and grout lines were so dirty that my socks were blackened and dirty. The shower glass doors were filthy. The sliding rail for tub enclosure was black from being dirty. The bathtub was old worn out and very dirty. The vanity in the small two piece bathroom was old and rusty. The cabinets for both vanities needed to replaced. The wood was peeling off. No place to sit outside by the unit. The back porch is six feet away from parking lot. Poor internet connection.
The fridge and microwave are clean and newer. The two flat screen TV are nice. Towels and bed sheets are clean. Nice and friendly staff

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Daniel-Silver1
IPVC, Manager at Indian Palms Vacation Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Hi Daniel-Silver1,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our apologies for your overall poor experience with us at Indian Palms Vacation Club. We take our guest feedback seriously and we would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your concerns. We ask that you please email us ipvc@grandpacificresorts.com and a member of our team will be in touch with you soon. Thank you.

Management