“Just too hot”

WorldMark Indio
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Indio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Stayed at the resort with other families for a nini reunion. The rooms are very nice and spacious and come with everything that you could possibly need including a washer and dryer and dishes and utensils. This place is great for families. There is a small recreation room with ping pong tables, a few arcade games and pool tables, two pools and a small wading pool for the little ones. The lazy river is very small. We saw quite a few dessert animals, toads, lizards and hares and they fit in well with the river and bridges throughout the property. But the heat was just oppresive. It was even too hot to enjoy the pool. In fact, you had to keep your sandals right at the pools edge so that you wouldn't have to walk on the scorching cement. So we ended up staying inside for most of the day which is not fun on vacation. I think that this place could be a great reasonably priced family resort if not for the heat.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank lnjj

Reviewed July 13, 2010

We went to this Worldmark Resort because our good friends are timeshare owners with Worldmark. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon (July 10), checked in and went to the pool to find it incredibly crowded. It felt like we were at a low-income community pool. The other guests were very rowdy lacking manners and class. There were multple coolers on wheels that were pulled right up to the edge of the pool filled with canned beer. Many of the guest were swimming in the pool with canned beer in their hands. The pool water was incredibly cloudy and disgusting. You could barely move because of all the bodies in the pool. There were many young children and the parenting we observed was horrible (parents yelling at their children using the f-word and smacking them). We went to bed that night around 10:30 but were unable to sleep until 3:30 in the morning because there was a tailgate party right outside our window (I wish I was joking). Another reason our sleep was uncomfortable was because the A/C was broke in our room and a worker finally came to fix it at 9 p.m. but the room did not cool off until 2 a.m. (it was 90 degrees in our room until then). Our friends were mortified and swore that their other Worldmark experiences have been better but we had an easy time telling the salesman "no thank you" at the time share presentation! Perhaps it is luck of the draw depending on what specials they are offering??? For us it is not worth the risk to ever return to the Worldmark in Indio.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank Summer60750
Reviewed June 23, 2010

We stayed in an end unit, 2 bedroom condo on the 2 floor. I told the family before hand that this would be a relaxing 4 day get away. The unit itself was very well stocked and comfortable. The pool was huge but my favorite thing was the lazy river. i sat in there for hours while my kids swam, and played pool. After a stressful few months back at home, going to Worldmark in Indio was just what I needed. I even had a wonderful massage in the spa. If you're going for night life and lots of restaurants, this is not the place for you. If you need to get away to a resort like relaxing place, then this is your place. I would highly recommened this timeshare!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Kathyh80567
Reviewed June 13, 2010

This is the third stay at the Worldmark in Indio. We stayed in a one bedroom unit in Bldg 7. The unit was very clean, well stocked, and well kept. The property grounds are beautiful and well manicured. The condo was equipped with everything one needs for a weeks stay. The pools and the lazy river were fabulous as usual. The only thing I noticed is that some of the pool tiles in the lazy river needed to be replaced as they had fallen off...very minor detail in the big scheme of things. We highly recommend this property on the beautiful Terra Lago Golf Course!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karen B
Reviewed May 20, 2010

This was my second time here...just a quick get away (my mother-in-law has a WorldMark timeshare). While we love the desert air and the weather here, this hotel is just not very exciting. There is really nothing to do here (there is a casino down the road which has awful food and is just depressing to be at), other than that, your dining options consist of a "Domino's pizza" at the hotel, or a mexican restaurant 10 miles away. This is really in the middle of nowhere and meant for people who want to cook there own meals on vacation (???kind of defeats the purpose of "vacation"???). Alot of older people here (timeshare owners). Nothing to do but drink (and bring your own...there is no bar or lounge). The beds are awful...we left after two nights because we couldn't stand the mattresses anymore!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank JCarlson1
Reviewed May 3, 2010

We stayed at Worldmark Indio last weekend right before it started to get too hot temperature wise outside to be able to truly enjoy the golf and pool activities. We were going regardless but I still did plenty of research reading reviews on various websites in order to see what we were in for. As I am sure you will find, the reviews for Worldmark Indio are all over the map from awesome/amazing to horrible and “I will never return”. After our stay, I think that I fall somewhere in the middle but will definitely return.

Condo: We were in a one bedroom condo and found it to be the perfect size with a balcony that faced the pool/recreation area but overlooking a pond and the front door faced the 16th hole of the North Golf Course. We were on the top floor, by request, so do not have any input on thin ceilings. Also, the wind was so loud both nights that we stayed that I have no opinion on the walls either. We took food with us to grill (each unit has a propane bbq) each night. Kitchens are nice with a large center island and all the utensils and kitchen equipment that you will need. Biggest downside to the condo is the severely outdated televisions. They are small and straight from 1998. They could defiantly be improved. Bathrooms were decent size, good water flow and temperature from the shower. The bedroom was a nice size. It is kind of odd, however, that the rooms are on the side of the condo where the window faces the walkway out front. I guess with the layout of the unit there is little other option. Just kind of odd and makes you feel like you are staying in a cheap motel.

Grounds: Very beautiful. Good size main pool, spa, kiddie pool, and lazy river. Did not venture over to check out the secondary pool or spa. The condo units do stop some, but not all, of the wind from reaching the pool but you are in the desert so some wind should be expected.

Service: No issues at all with any of the service from the check-in to the clubhouse bar, to the spa, to the golf course, to the pool attendants. Upon check-in, one of the “hosts” provided us with his phone number if we had any questions. We took advantage of this with a couple of texts that were answered.

Location: This location is in the desert and it is remote from any restaurants, grocery stores, etc… We did forget to bring one thing and had to drive to the grocery store to buy. I would recommend brining with you all the supplies that you need or making one stop at the store on the way to the resort so you are not running out multiple times.

Golf: Played but this is not really a place to go for golf reviews. Briefly, played the North Course. Course was in excellent shape, round was slow but there were 4 beverage cart girls providing cocktails so that helped.

Spa: Spa was done while I played golf and all the reviews were very positive about the experience and service.

Overall: For a weekend getaway I really enjoyed it. Not sure that I could stay longer than 2 nights just due to the location and the feeling that you really do have to stay “on resort” the entire time. We knew what we were getting into before going so were not surprised by anything. I would recommend doing your research and then go enjoy a weekend.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Wiley12
Reviewed April 29, 2010

We came to the resort on Monday evening. Check in was quite fast and easy. We were invited to attend the time share seminar, but we declined and it was no pressure. We had a 1 bedroom on the fourth floor and loved our view of the lagoon. This was perfect because I imagine it was much quieter than overlooking one of the pools. Nice sized balcony with BBQ was terrific. We used it everday and I would say I spent most of my time on that balcony enjoying the weather and reading. The kitchen does have everything you need right down to measuring cups, silverware, pot and pans...you name it. The bedroom was nicely decorated, but is along the walkway (as is everyones), so you can hear anyone walking by that is talking. You can also hear people in the next door room talking, so if you like to sleep in, this may be an issue for you. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. No problems there. The pool, lazy river and jacuzzi were all very nice and we enjoyed each one of them. This resort feels private. It was not crowded during our stay and we were really able to just relax and enjoy ourselves. I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Greenwoodrabbit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indio
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indio
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta
Best Western Date Tree Hotel
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Been to WorldMark Indio? Share your experiences!