“Worldmark Family Fun”

WorldMark Indio
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Indio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just returned home from Worldmark Indio California.... I weather was awesome, the resort was very nice, 2 big pools and one lazy river pool.... all very good for kids and adults alike... no restaurants on site, but ice cream, popcorn, movie theatre for kids, pingpong tables, lots of things to keep kids busy.... thing I loved most was having a BBQ on our own patio, in fact there is a BBQ on everyone's patio.... very convenient for making your own dinners.... shopping is a bit of a drive but well worth it, The Premium Outlet Mall is about 45 minutes away, grocery store about 10 minute drive, nice restaurants down Highway 111, about 30 minute drive. The staff was very nice, did request timeshare meetings twice, but we declined and they left us alone... all in all we enjoyed the vacation and would return to Worldmark Indio... good golf rates too!!

Room Tip: If you are not travelling with children request a room away from the pools, it's quieter, we sta...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The resort was great! Except for stupid teenagers that think they can cuss out the lifeguards. The profanity was bad and then the racial slurs were ridiculous. It was not a place for families the weekend we were there.
The room was musty smelling and even though they said they remodeled the rooms they have the same furniture they had three years ago.
The rug was changed but the kitchen was basically the same other than new cheap counter tops that were chipped in several spots.
I guess you need to know we are use to four stars or better.
Good luck!

Room Tip: Try to get rooms in buildings 1-4 they are closer to everything. Try to get the higher floors, 3 or...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dm2509
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is day 2 of me and my family's (of 8) vacation and not only was our room not ready at 5:30 PM, we all had black feet from the filthy floors in the rooms. We complaint about it and they said they would send someone to clean. 4 hours later, nothing. We called again, the manager Brady said he would call us back, nothing. I ended up getting on all fours and scrubbed the floors myself.
The drawers in the fridge are unstable and lose, there was one beach towel in our 2 bdrm with 5 ppl.
The bedroom windows are a foot away from the busy walkways and elevators...and the noise is outrageous. Their were kids left alone in there room (12306)above us, slamming things around, jumping and stomping across the room at 11pm with our 3 year old trying to sleep. Security did nothing but say "please keep it down thank you"... And it continued.
As a business owner and 900 employees working under me, I have a wide variety of families, clients and co workers who are always interested in taking their families to the places I've visited. I WILL NOT be recommending this resort. We are blown away that the worldmark has someone like Brady in charge of this mess.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Ricosgirl
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had a nice relaxing vacation with family and friends at this resort. It was our second time, and each time is thoroughly enjoyable. Love the lazy river and the golf course on the resort. The kids' programs are okay. I don't recommend doing the cupcake decorating event, though. It wasn't worth the $5 per small cupcake, especially if you have 5 kids in tow. Otherwise I highly recommend this place if you're just want to go to a resort and stay in it for a week.

Room Tip: Bring your own food to cook. The resort doesn't have restaurants.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in building 1 ... our room overlooks the pools. Nice lazy river pool. Jacuzzi good enough size. Exercise room has lots of equipments.

Lots of eating places around. Fantasy springs is 2 Miles away - good and cheap midweek buffet ($13.99) bistro has good sweet treats.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I love WorldMArk Indio.

I can't count how many times I have stayed. I plan to go back a month next year.

The brand management of WorldMark shines at Indio. The rooms are all great and consistent.

A couple of suggestions.

First when you pick up your parking pass, be sure to be on your call phone. (Make it up if you need to.) IF you are on the phone, they will not bug you much, but if you can talk and give them your attention, they will pounce on you like a panther. They want to get you to go to an "Hour" presentation on Time Share ownership. Well 1 hour is not it. More like 4 or 6 hours if you don't want to buy. This is the one thing I hate about WorldMark is the high pressure sales, but Indio is the most high pressure. So prepare yourself. Be on the phone so you cannot talk. Make it sound important. And smile. I hope you get your parking pass.

The resort has a small onsite store for emergencies, but just down the street is a WinCo, which is great. Cash only but the produce is the best.

The Casino down by the highway has a few great restaurants in it.

They tend the lawn and garden three times a week, so the place is always clean.

There is not much to do in Palm Springs/Indio so just plan to sit by the pool, enjoy the sun.

On our last visit the Internet service was not working well, but I had purchased a US SIM card from Travelers Mobile that shipped it to me in Canada. I had lots of Data so I was not concerned about the poor internet in the resort. If I did not have the card from Travelers Mobile it would have been a bit of a challenge.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GeoffS89
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great friendly staff and very well organized to accept the throngs of guests attending the Stagecoach 2013 music festival. We found the kitchen to be fully equipped for cooking our breakfasts, extra items in the bathroom so you don't run out of towels or paper products.

We loved that a recycling bin was provided in the room. One of our friends is a smoker, so she was happy to be able to have an occasional smoke on the balcony where an ashtray is provided.

The surroundings were super clean and well maintained. We didn't get to enjoy all the wonderful amenities since most of our time was at the music festival, but we're definitely going to come back to enjoy another wonderful stay at WorldMark Indio.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indio
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indio
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta
Best Western Date Tree Hotel
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Been to WorldMark Indio? Share your experiences!