“Buffet was a pleasant surprise”

Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Ranked #3 of 16 things to do in Indio
More attraction details
Owner description: Spectacular casino located 35 minutes from Palm Springs, complete with Vegas-like shows.
San Diego
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Buffet was a pleasant surprise”
Reviewed January 18, 2009

I was there for New Year's eve a few weeks ago. I wasn't sure what to expect. We decided to go to the casino buffet for our New Year's eve dinner, and my entire family was pleasantly surprised. There was literally no line, and the food was really good. They had very tasty yorkshire pudding, chocolate fountain, crab legs and nice variety of different ethnic foods. I've been to a lot of casino buffets, including buffets in Vegas. I would say that this buffet experience was comparable, if not better, than the quality of buffet foods in Vegas.
We rang in the new year in the hotel lobby - which was nice too. Not too crazy in the lobby. The actual casino floor had more festivities for new year's but since we had a toddler with us, we stayed in the lobby.
The only thing is the that the nightclub is on the top floor of the hotel. If you have a hotel room in the floors right below the top, you may be listening to dance music most of the evening.

1 Thank tropical_art

San Diego
“Best Casino we've been too!”
Reviewed December 2, 2008

Make sure you visit the member booth and sign up to take full advantage of this Casino's Dynamic Promotions.

Non-smokers! A plus on the 8 side. I can walk through most San Diego, and Las Vegas Casino's and come out with my clothes drenched in Smoke, but this Casino was like i hardly walked in. Still smoky, but not bad. ( of course if you sit next to a smoker your chances are higher to smell it.)

Overall - an 8 from my wife and I for the non-smokers atmosphere.

Overall - 10 members area. We were extremely pleased with the members area. First-time members and automatic WINNERS!! Thanks !!

Berkshires, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Don't bother”
Reviewed July 28, 2008

I had a disappointing experience at this hotel’s casino on a Saturday night. I was determined to check it out even against other people’s advice. As a non-smoker, I was fully prepared to enter a smoky casino. I sought out the non-smoking gaming area but it was pitiful. It is not a stand-alone room as with the case with the Morongo Casino and Spa. Small and tucked away in a corner, the air condition and ventilation system felt nonexistent and many people were smoking right next to this area.

I like to play video poker player and don’t expect to win but it would be nice if their games at least let you play for a while and have fun rather than just take your money after a few minutes. I tried three different machines in three different areas. I did not enjoy my gambling experience.

I passed on the generic cafeteria-like buffet, and checked out the menus for the Bistro and Pom restaurants. I was met with staff that didn’t seem real enthusiastic.

I left after 45 minutes. The casino valet was the best part! they were friendly, pleasant, and helpful. I drove back to the hotel I was staying at, sat by the pool to air out, appreciated it's calm, pleasant, non-smoky atmosphere and had the best dinner ever in the hotel’s Italian restaurant.

Other reviewers have made mention of the casino on the hotel review page. I recommended reading those, as well.

los angeles
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great buffet”
Reviewed April 27, 2006

Loved the several food choices. A tad steep for brunch but worth the money for good food and service.