“Stuck in the 80's”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
newport beach, ca
“Stuck in the 80's”
Reviewed March 23, 2005

This would have been a great hotel to visit in the early 80's. Sadly it has not been updated since then. Everything was old.

1 Thank jackle07

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Hungarian first
Seattle
Reviewed February 26, 2005

I was down in Palm Springs for work, and didn't really care about siteseeing so I wasn't personally disappointed. However, I thought it pretty disingenous that I booked what they called a "deluxe city view" which in reality was a view of the parking lot and Route 111.

Anyway, the room was fine and the furnishings were decent. But what did irritate me was the fact that the wireless internet was so weak that I could only get it if I stood by the door. When I asked the front desk about it they said that they would have someone hook up a wire connection in my room for my second night. Of course they didn't do this so I had to haul my laptop down to the reception area and work there at 11pm.

Because they do not deliver on the services they promote, I wouldn't stay here again.

3 Thank TripAdvizahr
Fallbrook, California
Reviewed February 18, 2005

The hotel is rated too high for the poor quality. I obtained the room on Priceline with a $70 bid. However when I arrived I was surprised with an additional $12 resort fee that included a continental breakfast that I was unable to use. Beds were very uncomfortable. Carpeting dirty. furnishings old and worn. Chairs had fabric unraveling. Bathroom walls had dirt and splash spots. Carpeted steps from the lobby to second floor looked as if they hadn't been vacumed in days. Front desk was not helpful and they were argumentative and stubborn. Only bright point was a helpful room service waitress that suggested that I come down to pick up my meal because the add on service charge wasn't worth it. I actually suspect it was because they did not have anyone to deliver it to me at 9:30 PM. All in all it was a very poor experience. This appears to be an aging resort that has not kept up their facilities. There are many more finer facilities in this wonderful vacation area. Certainly not worth the rack rate price or the extra $12 resort fee that one doesn't mind paying if the accomadations and service are top notch. Even at $70 through Priceline I will not return.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank FallbrookTraveler
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 6, 2005

Our stay at the hotel was fabulous. The employees and service was excellent. Everything was extremely well maintained. We found it to be a warm and comfortable environment. Our check-in and departure was fast and efficient.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Wells
Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta
Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Indian Wells Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Indian Wells Resort Hotel

Property: Indian Wells Resort Hotel
Address: 76661 US Highway 111, Indian Wells, CA 92210-8972
Location: United States > California > California Desert > Indian Wells
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Indian Wells Resort Hotel 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Indian Wells Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Indian Wells Hotel Indian Wells