Indian Wells Resort Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
The Inn at Deep Canyon(Palm Desert)
View Hotel
All reviewsfrank's placegolf courselucille ballfrank sinatrapalm springsone bedroom suiteyogurtdean martingroupon deallive entertainmentbreakfast was includedpool areaget awaynice poolpalm desertoff seasontennis courts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2013

An entire late Saturday afternoon and evening wasted waiting for hotel personnel to fix a broken a/c which was a necessity on that 122 degree day. The maintenance person came once to swap the a/c unit which ended up also not functioning and never came back. We kept being told he was busy.

I went to the front desk and asked for another room and the on duty manager (Joseph) said there were no other rooms available. When I told him that was not good enough and demanded they do something he said to hold on and went into the offices behind the front desk and never returned. After figuring he wasn't coming back I asked another staff member to ask Joseph to call my room and I returned to my girlfriend who looked like she had been sitting in a sauna all day. After receiving no call from Joseph, I returned to the front desk. When Joseph saw me coming, he promptly went back into the offices again and wouldn't come out. Needless to say, we booked another hotel, packed our things and left never to return.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank BrianShi
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I was mislead by photos and obviously fake positive reviews and booked this via groupon for my family to spend a weekend. As soon as we checked in and headed to our room we saw numerous roaches and small bugs in the hallways and yhe bathroom of our room. Dirty food plates were left out in the hallways on the floor and looked like they had been there for quiye a while. The room had an odor and was not clean. Please avoid this place and do not bring your family here especially children. My children were so disappointed when we had to leave and return home bc it was just not liveable. BEWARE!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Just returned home from my 3rd stay at this hotel, and I was not disappointed. I prefer the 1 bedroom suite, so you have a separate living room and more space. I find the room very clean, I especially like the master bathroom -- separate bathtub and shower, and it's a huge room! I would highly recommend this hotel, but definitely try to find a deal on Groupon or TravelZoo.

Two suggestions - I wish they would make this hotel entirely smoke free (guests can smoke anywhere outside, just not inside the hotel/rooms -- but this means when you're in or near the pool/Jacuzzi, you'll probably have to deal w/the smoke). I also would like them to bring back the free happy hour food in the lounge (4:30-6p), and try to improve on the prices offered on drinks/appetizers during happy hour.

But I think it's a beautiful hotel, very safe and relaxing, and I will return on my next visit to Palm Springs.

Room Tip: Maybe request a room that doesn't open to the pool, especially if you're on the ground floor, as the pool is open until 11pm and sometimes it can be noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Found the deal through Groupon/Expedia. We got a great rate that included a continental breakfast. The hotel is nice and clean. We were attracted to it because of its nostalgic history. My bff and I are huge Lucy fans. The pool is great. One of the few hotels that will let you bring in your own cooler! Friendly staff....especially Will. The pillows weren't great, so bring your own. Met fun people at the pool and overall had a fabulous time. We may make it our annual Girl's Weekender destination.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Susieqzy
Reviewed June 12, 2013

For $49 + resort fees & Taxes =$75. we had a really nice room and deluxe continental breakfast. What a deal. The pool and hot tubi area looked great but we didn't use it. Great little mid week deal. Lucy & Desi built this resort in late 50's but has been updated several times since. Great golf course and nice view from pool area...Would stay again....

Room Tip: Upgrade to pool view room so you have nicer view than standard room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple