“Worst hotel experience ever!!”

Indian Wells Resort Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
“Worst hotel experience ever!!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

An entire late Saturday afternoon and evening wasted waiting for hotel personnel to fix a broken a/c which was a necessity on that 122 degree day. The maintenance person came once to swap the a/c unit which ended up also not functioning and never came back. We kept being told he was busy.

I went to the front desk and asked for another room and the on duty manager (Joseph) said there were no other rooms available. When I told him that was not good enough and demanded they do something he said to hold on and went into the offices behind the front desk and never returned. After figuring he wasn't coming back I asked another staff member to ask Joseph to call my room and I returned to my girlfriend who looked like she had been sitting in a sauna all day. After receiving no call from Joseph, I returned to the front desk. When Joseph saw me coming, he promptly went back into the offices again and wouldn't come out. Needless to say, we booked another hotel, packed our things and left never to return.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank BrianShi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Hungarian first
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I was mislead by photos and obviously fake positive reviews and booked this via groupon for my family to spend a weekend. As soon as we checked in and headed to our room we saw numerous roaches and small bugs in the hallways and yhe bathroom of our room. Dirty food plates were left out in the hallways on the floor and looked like they had been there for quiye a while. The room had an odor and was not clean. Please avoid this place and do not bring your family here especially children. My children were so disappointed when we had to leave and return home bc it was just not liveable. BEWARE!

• Stayed June 2013
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Just returned home from my 3rd stay at this hotel, and I was not disappointed. I prefer the 1 bedroom suite, so you have a separate living room and more space. I find the room very clean, I especially like the master bathroom -- separate bathtub and shower, and it's a huge room! I would highly recommend this hotel, but definitely try to find a deal on Groupon or TravelZoo.

Two suggestions - I wish they would make this hotel entirely smoke free (guests can smoke anywhere outside, just not inside the hotel/rooms -- but this means when you're in or near the pool/Jacuzzi, you'll probably have to deal w/the smoke). I also would like them to bring back the free happy hour food in the lounge (4:30-6p), and try to improve on the prices offered on drinks/appetizers during happy hour.

But I think it's a beautiful hotel, very safe and relaxing, and I will return on my next visit to Palm Springs.

Room Tip: Maybe request a room that doesn't open to the pool, especially if you're on the ground floor...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Found the deal through Groupon/Expedia. We got a great rate that included a continental breakfast. The hotel is nice and clean. We were attracted to it because of its nostalgic history. My bff and I are huge Lucy fans. The pool is great. One of the few hotels that will let you bring in your own cooler! Friendly staff....especially Will. The pillows weren't great, so bring your own. Met fun people at the pool and overall had a fabulous time. We may make it our annual Girl's Weekender destination.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Susieqzy
Sequim, WA
Reviewed June 12, 2013

For $49 + resort fees & Taxes =$75. we had a really nice room and deluxe continental breakfast. What a deal. The pool and hot tubi area looked great but we didn't use it. Great little mid week deal. Lucy & Desi built this resort in late 50's but has been updated several times since. Great golf course and nice view from pool area...Would stay again....

Room Tip: Upgrade to pool view room so you have nicer view than standard room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Seriously relaxing, a visit to La Quinta always takes me back in time. Even the winding pathways that crisscross the property seem to suggest slowing down to take in nature. Book one of the villa rooms on the upper level near the fabulous spa and get a bird's eye view of the property. Having been there many times, I still have not taken in all of the activities. This time, on a visit with my sister, we just vegged and read by the pool. The spa has been a destination in itself in past visits. The tennis courts, bikes and shops also beckon and have to be spread across a few trips at the slow pace this property inspires. Just reading and catching up on a good book or a relationship works here. Dining in the various restaurants and cafes is just right and discourages you from needing to leave the resort, but adventure calls throughout the desert area. It was a short trip, we hated to leave and the bellmen offered to take our picture as we dawdled on departure in the gorgeous lobby area of the hotel. We ran into the Managing Director at breakfast and thanked him for running such a great hotel. A sign of a hotelier extraordinaire, he only commented modestly that he was working on refining and making the welcome even more special in every way he could find. We look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: We prefer the second level of the villas near the spa and tennis courts, but the lower level with th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We loved it here. We purchased a weekend stay on Groupon and had the best weekend getaway. We had the royal treatment from the moment we pulled up and there was complimentary valet service. We walked through the doors to a very attentive staff and check in and check out was a breeze. Our room was average. Basic, clean. The decor/ room is a bit old, but who cares as long as it is clean? You pretty much just sleep in there.

The pool was fantastic! They had great poolside service and make a killer Pina Colada (the drinks and food menu is VERY reasonably priced. Pina Coladas are $7 and cocktails are about $10). The massage therapist they had by the pool, Kim was AMAZING! She is also very affordable.

There was an evening lounge singer, Frankie DiSalvio- he was fun, once... not really our thing but we were entertained for a bit. We love all the restaurants and shopping options that are close by.

The only thing that I didn't like about this place was their complimentary breakfast. It sucks, really bad. Awful muffins, terrible coffee, crappy oatmeal. Their hot options also stink. Just go out.

Overall, I would totally stay here again, great rates, wonderful staff and a wonderful pool. If you are a room snob, this may not be the place for you.

Room Tip: We had room 345, quiet, plain, basic, comfortable, cheap :-) Although the shower left a lot to be de...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Indian Wells Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!