“Escaping to La Quinta Resort, La Quinta, CA” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Indian Wells Resort Hotel

Indian Wells Resort Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Los Angeles
“Escaping to La Quinta Resort, La Quinta, CA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Seriously relaxing, a visit to La Quinta always takes me back in time. Even the winding pathways that crisscross the property seem to suggest slowing down to take in nature. Book one of the villa rooms on the upper level near the fabulous spa and get a bird's eye view of the property. Having been there many times, I still have not taken in all of the activities. This time, on a visit with my sister, we just vegged and read by the pool. The spa has been a destination in itself in past visits. The tennis courts, bikes and shops also beckon and have to be spread across a few trips at the slow pace this property inspires. Just reading and catching up on a good book or a relationship works here. Dining in the various restaurants and cafes is just right and discourages you from needing to leave the resort, but adventure calls throughout the desert area. It was a short trip, we hated to leave and the bellmen offered to take our picture as we dawdled on departure in the gorgeous lobby area of the hotel. We ran into the Managing Director at breakfast and thanked him for running such a great hotel. A sign of a hotelier extraordinaire, he only commented modestly that he was working on refining and making the welcome even more special in every way he could find. We look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: We prefer the second level of the villas near the spa and tennis courts, but the lower level with th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We loved it here. We purchased a weekend stay on Groupon and had the best weekend getaway. We had the royal treatment from the moment we pulled up and there was complimentary valet service. We walked through the doors to a very attentive staff and check in and check out was a breeze. Our room was average. Basic, clean. The decor/ room is a bit old, but who cares as long as it is clean? You pretty much just sleep in there.

The pool was fantastic! They had great poolside service and make a killer Pina Colada (the drinks and food menu is VERY reasonably priced. Pina Coladas are $7 and cocktails are about $10). The massage therapist they had by the pool, Kim was AMAZING! She is also very affordable.

There was an evening lounge singer, Frankie DiSalvio- he was fun, once... not really our thing but we were entertained for a bit. We love all the restaurants and shopping options that are close by.

The only thing that I didn't like about this place was their complimentary breakfast. It sucks, really bad. Awful muffins, terrible coffee, crappy oatmeal. Their hot options also stink. Just go out.

Overall, I would totally stay here again, great rates, wonderful staff and a wonderful pool. If you are a room snob, this may not be the place for you.

Room Tip: We had room 345, quiet, plain, basic, comfortable, cheap :-) Although the shower left a lot to be de...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EconNerd
Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Last week I accompanied my husband to a conference at the Indian Wells Resort Hotel, Indian Wells, CA. The weather was perfect (albeit a little warmer than what we've experienced at home) and we were given a room overlooking one of the fairways of the golf course. The room was spacious, clean, and well-supplied with toiletries and necessities in the event you forgot something. The property is well-maintained, has a lovely full service spa, good workout facilities, swimming pools, and delicious food. The town of Indian Wells (about 2 miles down the road) is full of good restaurants and cute shops. You're also close to Palm Springs (and the Tram), Palm Desert (with plenty of shopping) and plenty of good restaurants throughout the area. I highly recommend Indian Wells Resort Hotel for a special getaway.

Room Tip: The room we had (911) had morning sun so in the afternoon, with a little breeze, it was a great plac...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sabia M
Malibu, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is the best "value" in indian wells without a bout. with that being said there are nicer hotels across the street for 2 to 3 times the price. the rooms are not great, but the location and price are the real catch.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LuxTravelGuy
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We traveled 21 days in 11 states. slept in 18 different hotels. Including the three in California. That's what happened to us in Indian Wells resort is a scandal. I'm on during the collection of photo/video materials. 1. Hotel old, dirty and smells like old stuff. 2 Rooms dirty and neglected for water to drink in the hotel charges require a few dollars! When we arrived in the evening in the sofa bed we find marijuana and stench throughout the room. After unfolding the beds can not be called bed - it looked like the mattress on the stairs . I have given new sheets so that we ourselves change, the generals of it's do not care. On the second day the hotel manager gave us two other rooms SEPARATELY, of course, one also dirty and has not prepared. Only the third was in order. After a few days after returning it turned out that the amount charged to about 60 US dollars! They do not answer to the emails now, do not want refund my money back! How to move my lawsuit with the hotel I will make a publication on YT . The pool was terrible peeling paint, not a spa massage - not working properly! Breakfast worst of all which we had in all 18 hotels.
be aware this hotel away, look for films on yt in a few days.

Room Tip: no good room this hotel , be aware do not safe 10 dollars extra and get any other hotel You will be...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Luke O

Travelers are raving about these Indian Wells hotels

San Clemente, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Checked in to this dump last night , we asked for a room over looking the golf course and got one overlooking the highway . The room is big and clean enough but the beds and sheets are old and tired . The ac works well but after after six hour out the room still wasn't made up and we were told the maids had till 4 pm to het it done . The food is poor and expensive and the evening lounge singer is corn ball at best . I know there are much more expensive hotels in the area but for a 150.00 dollars per night this place should be better . I wouldn't stay here again and I don't think you should either there are many good hotels in the palm springs area this isn't one of them

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Kelly C
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I don't normally read reviews, because everyone looks through different eyes, but, I happened to check after I had booked through Priceline. I had read a review that someone had just written, and, when we arrived at the front desk and saw the name tag, Amy, I was rather worried. I was surprised to be granted the room for what I had bid. No were on Priceline did it tell me there would be a $20 resort charge, so, I hoped it was included. It wasn't. I voiced my concern about the resort charge. She listened, and, showed me the Priceline's agreement. She was more than pleasant with me, took my money, and promptly upgraded our room. The hotel is a little dated, but, it was clean, has a great location, and, in my option, is a 2 1/2- 3 star hotel. We travel 4-5 times per year, and try to book 3 star hotel.

Room Tip: We overlooked the golf course. How bad can that be?
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
#3 of 4 in Indian Wells
4.0 of 5 stars 1,325 reviews
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Been to Indian Wells Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!