All reviewsfrank's placegolf courselucille ball and desifrank sinatrapalm springsyogurtpalm desertgreat poolpool sidelucyeraloungemountainshollywoodtennisratpoolside
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I made reservation through Hotel.com which gave me erroneous information from cancellation policy to room view and no mention that pool/spa was closed with noisy construction. After hearing about my experience and giving me a room with shower, but no bathtub, Amy (reservation desk) gave me a free upgraded room with mountain view in hoping my mini-vacation would be memorable. The view was breathtaking and so very relaxing. I didn't sleep well because the modernized ac/heater made a lot of noise when it came on throughout the nite. Juan (maintenance) came to my room and explained why it was loud, offering to replace it with an older model that is quieter. He was so eager to make sure I was happy and all was done in his power to show it. He returned in time promised and replaced in shorter time promised. He had hoped I called the prior nite to ensure slept well. His enthusiasm and warm personality was so memorable and helped my stay. Coffee pot would not close properly, was immediately replaced with new one. Although once you get through to customer service it is timely and truly goes through great lengths to satisfy with great friendliness, my several attempts to call front desk, wake-up call only resulted in constant ringing, actually went down stairs to request wake-up call. All you can eat breakfast was delicious & healthy (oatmeal, cold cereals, muffins & banana nut breads, fresh fruits, yogurt, variety of juices, coffee & tea, toast your own breads & english muffins . Happy hour refreshments were healthy. 24-hour fitness center was great for me because had it all to myself. Room rate of $/49 per nite probably due to pool closure, but because I went for quiet time, was perfect for me. Normally the $20 resort fee would be too high if the rate wasn't so cheap. Free parking while resort next door charges is a plus. The best part was the VIEW and quiet surroundings!

Room Tip: Room close to elevator close to lobby can be noisy due to live shows/entertainment at night.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed here overnight while passing through the palm desert area. The room was neat, clean and spacious. Lovely full continental in the restaurant. Appetizers in the lounge in the evening were nice. Friendly desk staff. It was fun to wander and see the large pictures of Desi, Luci, and friends, and to read the considerable history of the hotel and golf course. Unfortunately for us, the pool was undergoing reconstruction so we were not able to take advantage of it, but it looked like a lovely area. Didn't care for the "resort fee" of $20 tacked on to the bill to cover wi-fi, etc. Seems like a tacky way to up the charges.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Judy C
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Hotel is lovely. Room was comfortable and I liked the place. Lots of photos on the wall that were fantastic. Lucille Ball, Desi Arnez, Bob Hope, Frank Sinatra....
Continental breakfast is great. It included real oatmeal, not those packets, cold cereal, juices, hard boiled eggs, youghurt, fresh fruit, and nore. There is also a menu if you want a non-continental breakfast.
The bad part was we had a bunch of drunk guys yelling obscenities next door. We requested to move and were upgraded to a fabulous suite.
I rated sleep quality average because the drunks woke us and they should have been thrown out.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My daughter and I booked this hotel for an overnight stay while traveling from Northern California to Phoenix. After reading the mixed reviews, I was nervous. The hotel is a little old school - like stepping back in time - but in a good way. The lobby and pool areas are beautiful. The rooms are standard sized - and we had true "double" beds - which is what was advertised when we booked. The staff was friendly, all was clean and there were places to eat and shop within about a mile (as well as on-site eateries and room service.) The hotel is a bit older - but we embraced and enjoyed that. The staff was nice, the fitness center is open 24 hours (the pool closes for maintenance soon), there is a small on-site gift shop.....etc. I would come back and I would stay longer. Because of the age, the prices are better here - and I thought that it was a real value.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family