“Pleasantly suprised!”

Indian Wells Resort Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Very nice hotel. Way more than we expected on a road trip. Great hot tub and pool. High prices on drinks but a great happy our complimentary appetizers and breakfast. In room ordered Pizza was surprisingly very thin, hard to eat, but delicious. Great service in working with us last minute for a date change. Wonderful experience!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Merlenna H

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I recently stayed at this property, booking it through a third party. They don't advise you that they charge a $20.00 per night resort fee; some resort...they have no more amenities than a regular hotel.
But the worst of it is 3 days after my departure and final bill, they added a restaurant charge of over $50.00. I never used their restaurant except for breakfast which I was given a coupon.
Two weeks later and dozens of calls to their accounting office (btw, his name is Elvis, go figure) I am still fighting to get this charge off my card. My next stop is to BBB.
Ken R.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Kenneth R
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My girlfriends & I purchased a Groupon for this "resort" so we could get away for my birthday. Although the overall experience was nice, I don't think I would stay here again.
Pro's:
~Relatively nice location. Nestled back in the Mountain area of Palm Desert it was very close to shopping areas & restaurants.
~The staff were very friendly & helpful, especially Ali at the front desk.
~ The Suite we stayed in, although Very outdated, was nice. The seperate jacuzzi tub & shower were very nice. Having an additional bathroom was also nice.

Cons:
~ The resort is more of a hotel with resort prices.
~ There is zero security. The doors are unlocked almost all of the time. This includes the back entrance to the hotel, the pool gate, etc... Pretty much anyone off the street could walk in and go straight to the pool & make themselves at home.
~The pool itself was decent but the entire pool area is made up of flagstone rather than kool decking. This made walking anywhere not only very slippery but also very hot.
~The resort itself is very outdated. It definitely gives off a "retirement" vibe. Not the most comfortable feeling for anyone under the age of 60. This includes the in house restaurant entertainment by " Poupee Boccaccio".
~The room itself wasn't bad but the t.v's are very old & almost all of the channels came in fuzzy. The pillows were some of the worst I've ever slept on. Very lumpy and small.
~ We had four Groupon vouchers (2 per day) for "free breakfast". After reading in the in room hotel book that they offered a free continental breakfast, we decided to use all 4 coupons the first day & do continental the next.
The menu items that qualified for the "coupons" was a joke. The continental breakfast would have been more filling.
When we went to eat the next morning we were informed that we had to have coupons in order to eat the continental breakfast. After inquiring at the front desk we were given two vouchers. The girl was was on the phone (very rude by the way) while I was trying to talk to her. When I asked for two more for the rest of our party I was informed they only give out two a day & that we should have already gotten some when we checked in. I'm assuming we did not because of the groupon vouchers. I don't have a problem paying for breakfast. Just don't advertise that it's free when it clearly is not!!!!!
~If you want towels for the pool you must sign them out from the front desk. If you sign them out and dont return them you are charged $10 per towel. The towels are tiny and only cover 1/2 of a lounge chair.
~There is no spa at this "resort". If you want anything like a massage, etc... you must go elsewhere.
Lastly, being woken up on a Saturday morning (on my birthday no less) after a late night, by non stop fire alarms going off for no reason is not my idea of a wake up call.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Rooniepie
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Great family hotel had relaxing time. good overall service, professional staff. As far as hotel and lobby and rooms, hotel is a little dated, compare to some of newer ones on the block, but getting some major remodeling. Liked free parking, pool and breakfast, worth stay and price.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Johnnycatt
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I was completely disappointed with this hotel. In person tye hotel did not look anything like the photos on their website. The pool was a lot smaller, the rooms outdated and the breakfast buffet they call "deluxe" was basic toast, butter, hardboiled eggs, cereal and coffee. The worst part...I switched rooms 3 times. The first room they gave me was right next to the elevator, needless to say it was so noisy due to traffic. I addressed that with the front desk and gave me another room, this time the ac did not work (this is the dessert we're talking about...a working ac is a must). Once again I was moved to another room. This time the room smelled like someone smoked inside (supposedly a non-smoking room) and the TV has green lines across the screen. I was too tired to argue with the front desk so I just controlled my anger and said to myself.."oh well, whatever". I will never book a weekend stay at this hotel again...I'm actually still in the hotel room while I write this review.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pearlj327
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I know other people are not happy with the stay that they had, but please read my review and decide if this is the place you would like to spend time and money on!!!

My Hubby and I stayed here on a Groupon deal over the weekend. We both got out of work early on Friday and made our way to Indian Wells for a last time getaway for the summer.
We were greeted by Will at the Valet and from there, our experience was one of friendly, helpful and knowledgable staff.
The room was exactly as we thought it would be...big and spacious. We had a Mini Suite with 1.5 baths, livining room and bedroom. The bed was comfy (maybe a bit too comfy because now I want new mattresses for my bed at home!!)
The continental breakfast was just that...continental breakfast...but it did tend to be a bit bigger and offered more options than at other places where we have stayed. We also were able to order off the cooked breakfast menu and those items were wonderful.
We had drinks in the lobby (Bloody Mary was so spicy and good) and listened to the band playing in Frank's Place (the bar, which was open to the lobby)...
We will stay here again when we are in the mood for another getaway

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank IAmMrsMcNeil
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I absolutely LOVED staying here! My boyfriend & I came here for a mini-get-a-way trip and everything was wonderful. The staff was super nice and very helpful. Right when we walked into the lobby, we were absolutely blown away. It was incredible! The pool was super warm and the spa was nice and hot! The only thing I didn't like about it, was the continental breakfast. They only had cereal, bread, English muffins, oatmeal, fruit and muffins. You can get a better breakfast, but it's $6.95 a plate. Other than that, I loved this place!! :)

• Stayed: August 2012
#16 of 23 in Palm Desert
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Indian Wells Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!