All reviewsfrank's placegolf courselucille ball and desifrank sinatrapalm springsyogurtpalm desertgreat poolpool sidelucyeraloungemountainshollywoodtennisratpoolside
Reviewed May 8, 2011

I hate reading such negative reviews on this place. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the hotel. I stay here about 3 times a year; not to stay locked up in my hotel room, but to experience the outdoors, restaurants, and shopping of the desert area. I suppose if you are a shut-in and you want to sit around your hotel room all day, than ya, this isn't the place for you. But for excellent price, excellent location and just a good place to stay for a couple of days, it's great!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank williamH011
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Having stayed at the Indian Wells Resort a few years ago for one night I thought it would be a great place to stay again for Stagecoach 2011. I booked online using the Automobile Club of Southern California, mostly because Sunday night was only $49 for members.

After reading some of the reviews on here I was somewhat concerned about what my girlfriend and I would experience.

Upon arrival, check in was smooth and the Front Desk staff very friendly. Our room was clean and the decor, while not exactly modern, was nothing close to stepping back into Indian Wells of the 1950's as one reviewer indicated. The carpeting was clean and free of stains. The bed is not exactly as firm as I would like but it was good enough to sleep on for us. The bathroom was clean and spacious enough for the two of us at the same time. The TV is on the verge of needing to be replaced but it was still watchable.

We did spend some time at the poolside bar and the pool area appeared to clean and well maintained to us.

The free continental breakfast is just that, a continental breakfast. If you are expecting bacon and eggs and sausage then you have a very different opinion of what a continental breakfast is than we do. We did not partake as we were in the mood for something more. However, we were able to use our continental breakfast coupons with the meals we ordered for breakfast to get cover the costs of the drinks. Sure, it's not much but it is nice that they let you do that.

Everyone of the staff that we interacted with was very friendly.

Yes, the resort hallways could use some remodeling but they were not horrible.

Overall we would rate the Indian Wells Resort very good and we will return next year for Stagecoach 2012.

Room Tip: For a dark room to sleep in, get one facing West.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scott E
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I booked a reservation on line and then had a change in my plans. The hotel has a 24 hr notice on cancelations so I notified the hotel seven days in advance that I would not be coming into town and that I wanted cancel my reservation. I never received a response so I called on the day of and to my shock not only had they NOT canceled my reservation they had booked two rooms on my card. This is not the first time Indian Wells Resort had doubled my charges and room reservations, it will me the last time.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank BBouldin
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Wasn/t expecting much after reading reviews. Grounds and lobby are lovely. Bed is soft and old. Bathrooms have been updated, but rooms are ancient. Good value for $70.00 a night. Don't pay more than $80.00 a night. Breakfast ok. Staff is pleasing and trys hard.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank gregjer1234
Reviewed April 21, 2011

The resort was beautiful! It had a feeling of old Palm Springs with a glamours feel to it. It had very large rooms with lovely pool area. The staff was excellent and breakfast was terrific. Loved the place!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo