“First Class from the moment you check in.”

Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
GreenLeadersSilver level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“First Class from the moment you check in.”
Reviewed March 27, 2007

Let me start by saying to call this place first class is an understatement. We stayed here recently deciding to do our once a year splurge on a top notch establishment and we were certainly not disappointed staying here.
First off location...Right on Highway 111 in a pretty open area of Indian Wells and located at the foot of the Shadow Mountains, some of the most beautiful mountains you could ever see (See photos) The surrounding area is very quiet and uncrowded and this was the first thing we noticed.
Second is the grounds...Beautifully kept gardens with several fountains and hammocks for your relaxation. The architecture of the buildings is a Spanish/Mediterranean with archways and brick walkways - outstanding and very neatly kept.
Third is the room...we stayed in room 1423 located in a back corner of the establishment in a wing called "The Lombardy". Room was excellent size with a very comfortable bed, separate seating area, and an outdoor sitting area (Again see photo) The only "bad" thing I can say is the room was right next to a housekeeping area which we heard in the morning but thankfully not until 8:30 then nothing for the rest of the day.
There are two pools on the ground. The main one is a family pool and there's a separate one for folks 18 years and older not as big as the family one but who cares when you can have peace and quiet. There is an onsite restaurant where we had breakfast - service and food were excellent but pricey but expect nothing less from such a resort. There is also and onsite spa and gym that offer a full range of services.
While we spent just two days there, they were very relaxing and I have to commend the staff who went out of their way to help us with whatever we needed. Would I stay here again, What do you think?

• Liked — Location, staff, room.
  • Disliked — Nothing really
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Coder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
New York
Reviewed February 10, 2007

The Miramonte Resort & Spa is really an oasis in the desert. From the hammocks that dot the grounds, to the two pools, to the fresh lemon tress that sprout up all around, the layout of the hotel exudes relaxation. You will not be disappointed here, as this place almost has it completely figured out.

Pros:

- Very relaxing: Nice spa, comfortable places to sit around and read.

- Large Rooms: I was upgraded, so I don't have a frame of reference, but the room I was in was huge, had a balcony, and the bed was definitely a plus.

- Surprisingly good restaurant: Lunch at the restaurant was much better than I thought it would be. Order the martini salad...very impressive.

- Friendly staff: While I there are service issues, I think the staff does it's best to make you forget the inconvenience.

-Price: I found the value here to be outstanding.

Cons:

-Service issues: I had a couple of hiccups while there...key didn't work, staff didn't pick up breakfast order on my door, there was some disorder at the front desk, and my bags weren't sent to my room without a follow-up call, but the staff was excellent about everything.

-Gym: The property seems to have done some of the little things to make the gym better (TVs, cold towels, etc), but it is VERY small and not the quality of a resort.

-Bar: The bar, while a good scene, does not have a terrific choice of wines by the glass and the bartenders seemed to be disinterested.

Overall, this is definitely a recommended hotel for any vacation or getaway you might want. If I were in the area, I would return over any of the other area hotels, and I would assume that in the next year, this place will be all there.

Stayed February 2007
5 Thank hotelaholic
Denver
Reviewed February 1, 2007

The Miramonte is a beautiful resort with a really nice spa. The staff is very nice and helpful, and the services provided are top-notch.

Stayed January 2007
1 Thank DenverLeslie
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 10, 2007

I stayed here as part of a group for 4 days (Jan 07).
My standard (I think) room was in the Piedmont Building, which was the furthest from the main lobby building. They gave me a map at check in and it was no trouble walking to the room. The resort is not a massive place and the buildings are easily to find.
The paths are so pretty with lush gardens, which include loads of flowers and many citrus trees. The grass was this delicate feathery grass... not sure what it was, but they seemed to vacuum it everyday. It looked like carpet. Along the way there were hammocks and sitting areas with fountains and nice pools. After check in I stayed in my room for a few hours to iron all my clothes, take a bath and wind down from the long flight.
The room was clean and well equipped. It had a nice iron/board, spa bath amenities, a mini bar with refrigerator that can actually be used and nice patios with table and chairs.
Also the water pressure was just awesome. Odd considering it is a desert! The bathroom was 2 separate areas. One part had a full sink/mirror, bathtub and toilet. The other is dressing area outside the 'bath' room with another sink, mirror and counter area. The bath was a standard tub/shower combo.
The bed was very comfortable and the room tastefully decorated.
After dark I got dressed and went down to a reception.
Along the path, clay chimineas (?) were burning in all the seating areas even though no one was in the area. They appeared to be maintained all evening as the fires were still burning several hours later. The 2nd floor balcony (in the lobby building) was just beautiful with warm lights, chimineas and nice seating areas. We were a large group and the 2nd floor space allowed plenty of room with a fantastic view. There was a guy with a telescope explaining all the stars.
The catered food was just amazing. In all there were like 8 or 9 catered meals and they were all just incredible. Gourmet. I think the quality of the catering provided by the Miramonte was the best I have ever had... and I have been to conferences at some of the finest hotels in the USA. The restaurant is just as good as the catering (or vice versa).
On the 3rd day I had a 1 hour massage in the spa. It was wonderful after the rush, rush of the conference. I have not had the time to visit many spas but I can say that this was a nice cozy place that smelled so good. The people were really nice and the massage therapist was very concerned that I was getting exactly what I wanted. I wish I would have had time to sit in the sauna or salt water spa.
That night we had our last event in the brand new ballroom. It was beautiful...
All in all I really loved this place. Given the choice I would stay in one of the rooms adjoining one of the garden seating areas and I would allow myself time to take advantage of the shuttle to shopping, or I would rent a car.

• Liked — The peaceful atmosphere, lush grounds and amazing food
  • Disliked — The cost of the airport transportation!
  • Tips/Secrets — RENT A CAR!
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
Kyiv, Ukraine
Reviewed January 4, 2007

We staryed with our toddler at Miramonte for three nights in August (definitely off-season). We got a "Dulce" suite at a pretty reasonable rate. All things considered, we enjoyed the experience.

The "suite" was essentially a single large room, but it was very large, very comfortable, very clean and, in my opinion, worth what we paid for it. Some warnings are in order, though: the Miramonte is by no means a tucked-away getaway resort. Rather, it is in the middle of a suburban development, fronted by a major road and with new tract homes going up all around. ONce inside, though, the grounds are well-manicured, though smallish, and the pools are very nice. The restaurant is not bad, but a bit ordinary: typical northern italian fare at a hefty price. The staff were good, but, well, mercenary. We got the "Rise and Shine" package, which included a (very good and varied) breakfast; however, our waiter made sure we knew that we would have to tip separately, in cash, on the table, leave it right there and I'll get it, sir: it was good service -- and I imagine not everyone who gets breakfast included remembers the gratuity -- but the server was a just too forward about the darn tip.

All in all, I feel we got our money's worth, but if you want a real "spa resort" experience, it may be worth paying a bit more and getting a bit more.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank Olesia
nashville
Reviewed November 26, 2006

Read the small print. Though I paid for everything at checkout I was told that the Hotels fee does not cover 'resort taxes'.
i called about it once I got the bill on my visa. person was very unhelpful and rude.
i would not stay there again, the hyatt and reneissance across the street are much much nicer and cost the same.

• Liked — the hotels across the street
  • Disliked — sleezy charge practices
  • Tips/Secrets — just go across the street to the Hyatt or rennessance.... you'll have beter time for the same price
  • Stayed November 2006
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed November 8, 2006

My husband and I visited the Well Spa at the Miramonte Resort for our first anniversary. The grounds of the Miramonte are very attractive and the spa is lovely, but it is way too small to properly accomodate the number of guests. We were encouraged by the spa hostess to make use of the amenities such as the warm pool and the jacuzzi, and to even enjoy lunch or a drink on the spa patio. This was a ludicrous suggestion due to the fact that every available seat was taken in addition to an exercise class being taught in the tiny warm pool. We went to the hotel pool while we waited for our treatments, but shrieking children splashing about was not what we had in mind when we booked a relaxing spa day. At the Montage Spa in Laguna, there is a very large pool for spa use only, a good way to have a child-free pool since no one under 16 is allowed at the spa. I am in no way kid-bashing here, we just wanted a little bit of grown-up time for our anniversary, and at the price we paid for our spa day, I think we were entitled to it!
We both enjoyed our treatments, we had couples massage and facials. The couples massage was in a cabana by the spa patio, here the shrieks of children gave way to the cackling and nattering of the bachelorette party who had commandered the lion's share of the chaise lounges. "Inside voices", please, a spa is supposed to be a quiet place for relaxation!
The women's locker room had only two showers, both were in use with a line forming after my massage, so I decided to take my shower at home although that meant putting clothes on a very oily body. My husband did the same as there was only one shower in the men's locker room so, of course, it was in use as well.
Maybe the spa would be much more comfortable on a weekday, but I would say pass on it for a weekend visit. Although the treatments and the therapists were very good, it is too expensive to have to be cheek-to-jowl with a crowd.

Stayed October 2006
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa

Been to Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!