“Unhappy”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
GreenLeadersSilver level
oceansie, ca
Reviewed January 19, 2006

The property was nice, but my son left his cd player with cd and upgraded headphones and housekeeping did not turn it in. No explaination. Will not return.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (1,622)

Snohomish, WA
Reviewed January 3, 2006

Miramonte's mixed reviews made us a little nervous. We were pleasantly surprised on all fronts. Check in to check out, we would have had to work to come up with something to complain about. The spa services were terrific. The restaurant was delicious. Pool service was efficient and friendly. The lavendar soaked towels were a real treat after a workout. The grounds were lovely and beautifully manicured. I highly recommend a visit here. You will not regret it!

• Stayed: January 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 1, 2006

My wife and I spent our 2nd anniversary there for a relaxing spa day. Prior to making reservations there, I did some research on the internet, and I noticed the mixed reviews. I spoke to the spa director, who assured me that the recently renovated spa had ungergone many significant changes under her supervision, and that many recent guests had glowing reviews. I decided to at least give the spa a try, and she helped me with the planning of our day there. We did not stay at the hotel because we had to go to work the following morning, so a spa day sounded like a great choice the day before returning to work from our Christmas vacation.

I chose the spa because I wanted a spa with ambience and an intimate atmosphere - not a huge, over-the-top spa where you feel like a number. This was exactly what I was looking for. The spa offers many unique treatments that other spas do not offer. I highly recommend the Watsu (or Aqua Well), which is a service that is in a warm water pool, and it feels like you are in a weightless, dreamlike state. It's definitely an unforgettable experience that you should try at least once in your life. My wife and I both noticed the friendliness and the professionalism of the therapists. They were very friendly, professional, and you could tell that they enjoyed working there.

We ordered lunch and had it delivered to the spa, so we could enjoy eating while we were in our spa robes and slippers. The Fresh Fettucine that we ordered included the best tasting scallops that we ever had. Although lunch wasn't really planned into the schedule, they worked around it and we were not rushed or forced to finish by a specific time. The entire day went really smoothly and we would definitely go back again.

The spa is small and intimate enough, yet offers a wide variety of treatments. They also have some of the most advanced equipment that you won't see in ordinary spas.

Don't hesitate to give this spa a try - you won't regret it!

Stayed: December 2005
4  Thank Herme C
Reviewed December 10, 2005

i wish i would have read the reviews first! this was a last minute trip and from their internet site it looked like a nice quaint place to stay. i was given a room initially on the first floor which upon driving up to the door was nothing more than a well-dressed roadside motel room. the room was dark and dreary, not what one would expect of a "resort and spa". i requested a "brighter" room. i was sent to a building way in the back (11) which was also dark and felt rather unsafe as it was quite removed from the bright central area of the hotel. i settled with a room on the ground level in building number 4.
the sound insulation was completely inadequate. all night long i heard every noise from the room above me and in the hallway outside. i had a horrible night sleep only to be awoken at 5:00 am when the guests in the room above arose and prepared for their early sunday morning tee off. to add further injury, the clock radio alarm went off as it had been set prior to my arrival to ring at 5:15 am. the staff was less than accomodating and less than apologetic and only after i pressed them with my extreme dissatisfaction did they adjust my bill at a 50% rate. after reading several other reviews on this site and others, i only regret that i didn't do my "homework" on this before my trip as i would have saved myself a night of aggravation and a sunday which i dragged through as a result. i would never stay at this "resort" as it is completely sub par nor would i ever recommend it to any of my friends. the owners and the people who run this hotel should be embarrassed and their title "resort and spa" should be revoked and replaced with something more fitting to what they offer: a roadside motel.

• Stayed: December 2005
2  Thank abenyj
Reviewed December 6, 2005

Upon arriving on Friday afternoon, we parked in front of the main lobby and registered; no valet or bellman to be seen. The next evening, we stopped to consult with the concierge before parking: both a valet and bellman literally fell over themselves to greet us--feast or famine!

We were assigned a gound-level room overlooking the parking lot; I requested and recieved an upper-level room overlooking interior gardens. The front desk staff were pleasant and accomodating, as was the concierge, who was enthusiatic and efficient in suggesting local restaurants (we did not try the hotel's).

The Miramonte sports attractive landscaping and the rooms are nicely decorated, but the building construction is lacking in sound insulation: neighbors can be easily heard speaking, television and plumbing noises abound.

The Miramonte is a nice hotel for the price, but not a great hotel.

1  Thank Paul K
San Diego
Reviewed November 25, 2005

My fiancee and I stayed at Miramonte last weekend and previous to that, I have never heard of tripadvisor?! We had an amazing weekend- the spa was true luxury with a great courtyard for relaxing before or after a treatment. The rooms were like new and the service was very friendly and accommodating. We checked the comments about the resort today and were surprised to see a history of either great or poor reviews!? I would recommend this resort as the perfect escape from the city for a long weekend. We have stayed at three other hotels in the palm springs area previous to Miramonte in the past few years and definitely liked Miramonte the best. I would tell readers not to be intimidated by the negative reviews that are on this site- we had a great experience..!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Oceanside,CA
Reviewed November 6, 2005

My husband and I just returned after spending our 10 year anniversary there this past weekend. Well after reading many reviews on this hotel and others in the area I decided on this one. When we first checked in, they had us in the back section which we thought nothing of. Well we entered the room to the lovely smell of paint! Then I found hair and stained sheets on the bed. I phoned the front desk to notify them and was told they would send housekeeping! I informed them we wanted another room! They did move us and now we were in building 9, closer to the large pool and spa. Well it was cleaner and a bit larger than the first room. But still the feel of an upgraded motel. You can hear everything and everyone around you. We were woke up to people going to there rooms (there was a wedding). Ran out of hot water..... restaurant over priced..... rooms over priced..... if you expect a 3 or 4 star hotel then your alright, but not a 5.
The grounds are beautiful and same with the pool. Just make sure you get a good rate on room. We paid $169 plus the $17 Resort fee. Should have looked on pirceline for a better rate. Then I would feel better about it. You think you get what you pay for....this case not.
Good luck.

La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Indian Wells Resort Hotel
Indian Wells Resort Hotel
#4 of 4 in Indian Wells

Been to Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!