I booked the Miramonte for our trip to the Pacific Life Open tennis tournament. THEN I read the tripadvisor.com reviews. ALWAYS read the reviews first! I paid $299 for the standard room, which came to $353 with tax.
Expecting the worse, we found the hotel to be a lot better than I feared. After using Expedia to make the reservation, I called the hotel to ask for the best room they could give me. The woman was very friendly and accommodating, but the hotel was sold out so she as much as she tried, she couldn't do anything more. Fine.
In any case, our room was very spacious and we had a sunny patio. The bath products were Aveda (my wife seemed very impressed). I called the front desk once or twice and it rang a few times -- Ah HAH!! But then they answered and were friendly and helpful. Even the concierge was helpful.
Then we had our service issue. I went to watch tennis and my wife stayed at the pool. She wanted to order a sandwich poolside, but the waiter never appeared. (There were poolside menus.) So my wife went into the restaurant and they said, "The waiter will be out soon. Just wait." 10 minutes later she went back inside and asked to order. "He'll be right out." Another 15 minutes and she went back in to inquire once more. Finally the guy came out, morose about having to work. And get this -- when her sandwich came, it had a LIVE WORM in the lettuce!! Ewww...
My wife told the restaurant and they said they would remove the sandwich from the bill. Naturally, at checkout, the charge was still there. (They then took it off.)
BUT, other than that little issue, we enjoyed our stay. The resort is not just an expensive motel, like someone else said. The Mediterranean architecture is lovely, with flowers seemingly on every available surface. Which makes for a nice fragrance. There are fountains all over. They had a free shuttle to get us to the tournament. And you just feel relaxed being there.
So, overall, it was very expensive and the service had some issues, but we did enjoy ourselves. That said, if you want a truly grand and luxurious desert resort, the Renaissance Esmeralda across the street is priced less and is really dazzling. Just get a room high in the hotel so you have better views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Indian Wells, 15 miles from Palm Springs, the Miramonte Resort & Spa features relaxing dining options, a world-class day spa and nearby championship golf courses. The resort also features three swimming pools, a fitness center and a host of convenient amenities to put you at ease. The hotel joined the Curio Collection by Hilton in December 2016 and participates in the Hilton HHonors program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miramonte Resort And Spa
- Miramonte Hotel Indian Wells
- Miramonte Resort Indian Wells