“Relaxing”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Relaxing”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was a nice relaxing resort. The food was not the best, especially for the price, 23.50 for a buffet with very minimal choices, hot cereal, bagels, fruit..Would like to have seen a bar at the adult pool too.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was my husband's and my 3rd time staying at Miramonte. Our goal was to have a relaxing 3-day weekend out in the desert, and Miramonte did not disappoint.

check in: Our check-in was excellent. Minimal wait time, and the woman who handled our check-in was lovely. We had a special rate and she made sure we understood everything that came with it. It was one of the best welcomes I've had at a hotel.

room: The rooms at Miramonte are tastefully decorated and extra large. Our room was impeccably clean, and the beds were super comfortable.

service: Everyone we encountered during our weekend was friendly and ready to help. Our room service order wasn't picked up on Friday night. When I called on Saturday to let them know, the immediate response was to take care of our order for us. That night, our light wasn't working in the cabana. An engineer came out, attempted to fix it, and then apologized that the bulb was broken and he was out of replacements. He and the server brought over another light I could use so I could read. : )

pool: The Miramonte grounds are gorgeous as is the pool area. We got a cabana for the first time and mainly enjoyed it at night. The roof of the cabana is like a dense mesh, so you still get a lot of sun. They are equipped with ceiling fans (and light). Keep that in mind when deciding how you want to relax by the pool. They do have a lot of umbrellas which might be more useful for sun protection.

food: We had dinner at The Grove restaurant, and it was great. I love the farm-to-table dining, and you have a great view of the grounds and the mountains. For breakfast, I had the multigrain blueberry pancakes. They were amazingly yummy, and the best part was they were generous with the syrup. Sometimes hotels give you these puny syrup containers - not Miramonte. : )

spa: We had massages at the spa and they were amazing. I think The Well Spa is one of my favorite places on the planet. 5-star service all around, beautiful facility, and a wonderful selection of services.

best for: families, couples, friends getaway

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ElleJisawesome
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed here with my husband and our kids. We had a GREAT time. The grounds are beautiful so are the rooms. My son (9 years old) insisted that I write a review and let everyone know how wonderful this hotel is.

• Stayed July 2014
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I was there for 5 nights with a group. The hotel is in great condition and the staff are very friendly. Many that I spoke to had problems with their door locks, I had mine torn apart and replaced as I could not get into my room.

I had some urgent business communications to attend to but I (and others) could not send even the most simple email despite a fairly strong wifi signal.

These things were only minor annoyances and the staff apologized profusely for the inconvenience.

The biggest concern was the hotel bar. A group of us would come together in the lobby bar after dinner but by 10 pm the staff were pushing us out and shutting down. I guess 10 pm is bedtime in Indian Wells.

The next time I book a beautiful hotel with friendly staff, I will ask if I am able to stay up till 11!

Room Tip: A common problem that I experienced was constant heavy footsteps in the room above me. If this anno...
Green Features: Did not see any practices that were particularly Eco friendly
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Just spent a fantastic weekend at this resort. We were in room 911 which was the perfect location because literally, the pool and the spa were right outside of our patio. This was a girls' spa weekend, and we went during the off-season. Despite that, the spa itself was quite busy. The accommodations were great and plenty spacious for three women. The service at the restaurant and the spa was impeccable. And let me highly recommend the Map of the Body massage...omg, that was the most blissful experience that I have ever experienced. The only reason I did not give full marks is because for two nights, I awoke to go to the bathroom and I found a couple of bugs (I think silverfish? ) Anyway, stepping on those by accident in the middle of the night barefoot was not the most pleasant. The other reason I did not give full marks is because the entire time there they had issues taking visa debit cards. Not the biggest deal, but horribly inconvenient when you plan your vacation by using a different payment method. Luckily it worked out, but it would have been great if they had let guests know ahead of time since this issue had been going on for several days. Otherwise, it is a great resort and worth going to again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank uncgrad98
San Juan Capistrano, California
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I love this place! The resort is beautiful and the staff are welcoming and helpful. It started with Tom who took my reservation by phone to the staff at check in, and everyone we encountered throughout the resort. We checked in at 11:00 am and our room was ready. The room is spacious, the beds are super comfy and I love the two separate vanity areas with sinks. The pool is my favorite!!! There is always a fun mix of people from singles to couples and families. This is a great place to relax. It is my favorite place in the desert!

Room Tip: I love the 500 building
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Orange, California
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I'm not so sure what people are complaining about... I loved my weekend there!
And the hidden fees??? Hmm not so sure what that's about. We weren't charged an extra 20% on anything and parking was only $8 no 28.
The service was great.. The room was nice and comfortable. The pool was salty! Haha but other than that, my boyfriend and I had so much fun!!
Ohh!! And Saturdays they have movie night out at the pool! It was so much fun!! I can't wait to go back again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Wells
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa

Been to Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!