“Not worth the money. Should have stayed at the Embassy Suites instead.”

Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

It was the weekend of stagecoach so I understand. I felt the room was outdated, and housekeeping was just ok. The restaurant and bar service was rushed and you felt like you were being hurried out. Next year for coachella and if I come to stagecoach I am booking embassy suites.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank jane90254
Write a ReviewReviews (1,608)

Reviewed April 18, 2014

My boyfriend bought a Groupon for this resort to surprise me for our anniversary. What a DUMP. When we first pulled up I thought what a beautiful resort. Looks great from the outside. Lobby is really nice as well. We took the elevators up to our room, and I couldn't wait to enter the room to see what the room would look like. Disappointment was not the word! The room looked like a motel room. Completely different from the pictures they show online. PLEASE BE AWARE!!!!!!!! Worst hotel rooms EVER!!!!! And they have the nerve to charge a resort fee!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank JAZZY01
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This was one of the most disappointing "five" star hotels that I have ever stayed at. The room, a suite, was dark and not maintained well. The toilet was set at an weird angle to the bathroom. The turndown service was offered at 5 PM, just after we checked in, and was not done between 6:30 and 10 PM when we were out to dinner. There was no one at the check out counter for an extended period of time when it was time for us to leave.

Breakfast at the hotel's restaurant was terrible. We were first seated at a table that was dirty, and then the food was almost inedible. No one at the hotel bothered to clean the first table that we rejected, obviously hoping that rather than going to the effort to clean the table that someone else would just accept or not notice the dirt.

While I have sadly come to expect additional charges at hotels these days, these charges were quite high. We were charged a $28 per day resort fee, and an $8 per day self parking fee. The self parking was in the parking lot that has been there since the hotel was built. Nickel and dimed in my opinion.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank GreatBearCaifornia
MiramonteResort, Manager at Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to housekeeping and food & beverage. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the guest room you occupied. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future.
Again, we are terribly sorry that your experience with Miramonte was not a good one, but hope you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience for our guests.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Group of girls came here for a wknd getaway. The campus is pretty, but that's about where the appeal ends. From the get go we were taken aback by how bad the service was. Upon check-in we weren't given any info on the services/amenities available or a map to navigate the facility, and when I asked where the yoga class would be the next day I was directed in the completely wrong way (and wrong floor!) Seemed no one really knew and I ended up just stumbling upon it the next day. Then we went to the pool, where there is a 20% service tip added to everything you order, but seems this dis-incentivizes service: my friend didn't receive cutlery with her food and another never got the the water she asked for. The 20% is also added at the spa services which we were not informed of in advance. After our massage, the spa manager asked if my friend could change her second spa appt the following morning to a later time. When she said no because we had to leave after, the manager said "well it would really make it easier for our therapists". SERIOUSLY?! As for the rooms, they were nothing special, and in fact ours didn't even have the pull-out sofa that we thought it would (apparently only "some" of them do, which may have just been our misunderstanding), and our fridge was missing (which they did supply us after we reported it). The hallways had a weird smell that reminded us of a hospital. After we complained about our lack of fridge and sofa, they did comp us with a free brunch the next morning, which was awesome (great food). However, another service snafu of course: when we handed the waitress our voucher she told us "this doesn't include the tip" as IF that needs to be stated?! The yoga class on wknd mornings was great, once I did find it. All in all, while this was a relaxing getaway, I would never pay this much money for this kind of poor service and totally-average facilities again.

Room Tip: Request the sofa bed as rooms with or without it cost the same
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Asha S
Reviewed April 3, 2014

This was our second stay at the Miramonte, and we enjoyed it as much as the first time. Great setting, comfortable resort, and all the important amenities to make it a fun place to get away from the busyness. The spa is also a wonderful way to relax! Only complaint would be the showers, which are a little too powerful.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank McDepth
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Miramonte for the first time this past weekend. We had come to the desert for 3 days of wedding celebrations for a friend's daughter. The mother of the bride said the hotel setting looked gorgeous and the location was in good proximity of the wedding events. The rooms looked great on the website so we went with her suggestion and made our reservation months ahead of time..

She had reserved a block of rooms so we booked the best room, a "Luxury King", and were excited to stay there. The rate was pretty good because of the room block but, of course, they didn't mention they were adding that ridiculous "resort fee" of $15.00 per day. The main benefit of the fee was if you were a business traveler and used a lot of their tech or office services. They offered a daily newspaper but we never saw one during our entire stay..

When we arrived we were stunned by the beautiful entrance. It truly looks like you are in an Italian village. The building's architecture, stone walls, flowers and gardens are gorgeous.

We went to the front desk and the clerk gave us a gift bag the bride had left for us. We checked in and were told the valet parking was $15.00 per day, which was fine, but when the bellman saw where our room was located (way in the far end of the resort) he suggested we allow him to take our luggage and we self park. He said we could park right by the corridor door and we wouldn't have so far to walk. That was very nice of him. Great experience so far.

We drove around the whole perimeter of the hotel, found our building number and parked. We went to enter the corridor and immediately noticed there were no locks of any kind on the door. Every hotel we've stayed in that has this kind of parking lot to corridor set up always has some kind locking system for its doors even if they only activate at night. That did not make us feel very good about security.

We went to our room and were immediately surprised by several things. The room was had 2 queen beds and faced the parking lot. The room set up was very motel basic. No interesting elements of design and really had no pizazz at all. Kind of dreary actually. The bathroom was very generic and the towels were cheap. I couldn't believe their method of hanging them was to just lay them across the towel bar, one on top of the other, like you were trying to get them to dry. No fold at all. Not very classy.

I called the front desk and asked about our "Luxury King". She said they had no kings left. At 2:30 in the afternoon? Really? I believe check in was at 3:00 or 4:00. Then I asked if this was indeed a "Luxury King" and she said no it was an Estate Room (a lesser grade). Then someone said something to her and she corrected herself and said it was a luxury room. The website showed a luxury queen room with 2 beds, a nightstand, a desk with no drawers, a hard backed chair and a chaise lounge & ottoman. This room had just the desk and one chair. Even the Estate room picture showed 2 chairs. I asked her if she could at least get us another chair. She checked and said there weren't any. I was upset but my husband said to just let it go as we had to get ready to go to the rehearsal dinner.

I pulled the drape shut so we could get dressed without being viewed from the parking lot and had to immediately turn on the 3 lamps because the room was so dark you couldn't see across the room. There was no overhead lighting except in the dressing area and bathroom around the corner. One of the lamps had a dead bulb so I called housekeeping for a replacement. She said that lamp was on a switched outlet and asked us to check that it was in sync. We did and it was still dead. She said she'd have to send an engineer and asked if that was o.k. I said yes, we just need a bulb because you could barely see. Of course they use all energy saver bulbs and you know how dim those are. The engineer came but without a bulb because he wanted to make sure it was really dead. Gee, it wasn't rocket science. He found it was indeed dead and went and quickly got a replacement.

I took a shower (amenities were minimal and bath products were on the wall of the shower) and then went to get a robe but all I found was a sign on a hanger in the closet saying to call if you wanted one. I always laugh at that because you know they are not going green they are just saving money while causing you an inconvenience and necessitating another tip. And what are you supposed to do? Answer the door in a towel?

I walked across the room to get my clothes and walked onto a big spot of carpet that was soaking wet. Someone had to clean "something" up and really soaked it. Made me feel gross but I thought it would be dry when we got back so didn't call anyone. Later that night when we came in and went to go to bed we realized it was still soaked and they had used some kind of chemical to clean it that had a pungent perfume and chemical smell. My husband and I both have allergies so our noses burned all night long. The beds were comfortable but the comforter was way too heavy for the desert so we had to keep the air on all night or wake up sweating.

When we went to leave I wanted to put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door there was none in the room. I noticed other rooms had them on their door but we didn't have one.

The next morning we went to the restaurant for breakfast and the food and the service was very good. We had to go right back to our room to dress for our next wedding event. We noticed the carpet was still soaking wet but didn't have time to deal with it.

We came back in the afternoon and had some time to kill before the wedding and reception so we walked the grounds which are amazing but need some upkeep done. The trees, flowers, fountains and arches are really beautiful. It was hot so we went into the pool area and ordered 2 drinks. We were surprised to see an automatic 20% added to the bill since there was only two of us. We noticed the iron gates needed to be painted.

We came back from the wedding and reception and proceeded to go to bed. Oops, walked across the carpet and it was STILL soaked and still strongly smelled of chemicals. Even though we were tired we had a hard time getting to sleep because the walls are so thin we could hear every word of the conversation next door. When they flushed their toilet it sounded like the water was going right through our walls.

Got up to leave the next morning and oops, walked on the carpet that was still soaked and smelly. Ick, how disgusting. At this point we were happy to be leaving that dark and dreary and smelly room. I turned on the television to see if I could check out that way. Was happy to see that I could but was furious when I saw our bill. Not only did they charge the ridiculous resort fee they charged us $8.00 per day to park ourselves in their lot! Where did they think we were going to park? It is basically ransom as what choice do you have? Of course they didn't mention anything to us ahead of time-not even when we checked in. If I had known I would not have stayed there. There is no street parking and it is just another way to gouge the guest and add to their coffers. Do the math. They make a ridiculous amount of money for nothing!! I have traveled all over the world and the U.S., in big cities and small and never been charged to park my car in the hotels lot. It wasn't even underground parking just your standard parking lot. Disgusting!!!

Room Tip: Make sure they will honor their commitment and that you get the proper room and check first to see w...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
11  Thank Janis I
MiramonteResort, Director of Sales at Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences, while we are pleased that you enjoyed the resort's grounds, we are very disappointed to hear about your disappointing guest room experience.
Our goal is to accomodate all of our guests requests, our failiure to assign you the room type you were expecting as well as the miscommunication relating to the fees is being addressed with our front office staff.
We strive for perfection throughout all areas of the resort and your comments regarding our service and product are very disappointing. Our hope is that you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves on your next visit to Indian Wells. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We enjoyed our stay there during the Indian Wells tennis tournament and would return despite a couple of flaws. First, our room had clearly not been vacuumed and was not the first day we were there. The room was properly cleaned, however, after we left a note for housekeeping requesting it. Second, you had better eat always outdoors as the restaurant needs to improve its exhaust system. In particular, if you have breakfast indoors, your clothes will definitely smell as though you had fried your own eggs and hashbrowns yourself.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Indian Wells Resort Hotel
Indian Wells Resort Hotel
#4 of 4 in Indian Wells

Been to Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!