stayed here for valentines weekend 2014 and it was quite disappointing. i had heard and seen this place and it seemed to be really nice. it just didn't go very well with our particular weekend. the grounds and pool area are excellent and beautiful, but the rooms are aged and need upgrading. the first night, the plumbing in the bathroom made banging noises so loud it made sleeping impossible. the desk clerk, beth did a good job explaining that finding an engineer in the middle of the night would be difficult. she offered to move us. after two more episodes of the banging noise (it stopped when you flushed the toilet) we told her we needed to move immediately. at 4:30 am we moved and basically had 2 hours of sleep the first night we got there. they offered to not charge use for the first night and after meeting the the resort manager he offered a discount from the next two nights charge and reverse the resort fee for the next two days. that was appreciated but our new room, the closet door was off the rails and the safe was open in the locked position. i called the front desk and they said they would fix it immediately. the next morning i had a message on my phone and the manager (cornelia) said that the engineer went into our room to fix the safe but it was locked and they didn't want to open it lest we had valuables locked in it. i informed cornelia that the sale was open in the locked position and it was impossible to close the safe so the engineer must have gone to another room or never really bothered to see the problem. regardless, i told her don't worry about it and left it at that. we went about our day and returned to our room at 3 pm saturday only to see our room had not been made up. i called housekeeping and they said that daily maid service could be done as late a 5 pm. that seems awfully late for maid service. i asked that they make up the room immediately. that took about an hour to finally get the room made it. i would seem to me that 5 pm maid service is a little late, but that is their policy i guess. lastly, the first night we got there, my wife took a shower and she showed me the towel they had available for use. picture below. this is for real. the maid actually put this towel in the room for guest use. it just seemed that a lot of little things were bad and when added up together, i would rate this resort average at best and i will almost certainly not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Indian Wells, 15 miles from Palm Springs, the Miramonte Resort & Spa features relaxing dining options, a world-class day spa and nearby championship golf courses. The resort also features three swimming pools, a fitness center and a host of convenient amenities to put you at ease. The hotel joined the Curio Collection by Hilton in December 2016 and participates in the Hilton HHonors program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Jetsetter, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miramonte Resort And Spa
- Miramonte Hotel Indian Wells
- Miramonte Resort Indian Wells