“Great Spa” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Alhambra, California
“Great Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

My boyfriend and I enjoyed spending the day in the Spa...I has an excellent massage by Christen. She was amazing...she helped treat a lot of the tension I had and went out of her way to customize my treatment. She didn't just stick to the regular 60 mins...and a week later, I'm still feeling great. I had to write a review just because of her. The grounds for this hotel are really nice. We did not stay in the hotel because we actually had a Groupon for another hotel that claimed they were a Spa but totally do not compare to this place. The next time we visit the Desert we will def be staying at the Miramonte.

Room Tip: Look online (expedia) for daily room rate specials...the day of booking is a lot cheaper. Might make...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SgV_gIrL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a small business meeting. The property has beautiful scenery, is compact and the rooms are comfortable. I really liked the villa-style layout versus a traditional hotel building. I would recommend this hotel for a golf trip (Indian Wells Golf Club is immediately across the street) or for a weekend getaway. I would not bring my family to this hotel since the pool is small and there would not be a lot for kids.

The toiletry situation is interesting. This property has large pump bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash affixed to the shower wall. They position this to guests as "environmentally friendly" - for an upscale hotel, it felt off to me.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

The most beautiful setting for a hotel! The backdrop of the mountains, the cottage like buildings of rooms, the Spa and the pools - make it easy to relax at this hotel. The restaurant on site is also pretty good. We went there for breakfast and dinner. Will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The hotel is beautiful. Much smaller than most hotels in the area, so you can actually walk back and forth from your room to the pool and restaurant without a hike. The smaller size also gives you a feeling of personalization.

One incident was remarkable and incredible. One night, our child had a stomach bug. The child is also a vegetarian and lactose intolerant. We had no idea what she could eat. We called down to the restaurant, and the restaurant manager understood the problem, and went to talk to the chef. The chef actually made a vegetable broth from scratch for us. He also made white rice, and offered to make whatever else she wanted in order to feel better. We couldn't believe that a hotel chef would have the experience to whip up dishes from scratch, and be so accomodating.

I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank particular55
Laura Hunt L, Manager at Miramonte Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for sharing your kind words about your experience here at Miramonte. We value our guests and work very hard to make each one feel at home. Our culinary team is exceptional and I am happy that our Chef was able to make a special dish for your child to feel better. I will share your feedback with him.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was ROBBED at the Miramonte Resort in Spa on December, 30th 2013. Someone got inside my Hotel room and stole my purse.
I was at the room 503, building 5. My husband and I were having dinner at the restaurant at that resort and when we came back to the room, my purse was GONE!
There are no cameras on the parking lot, no cameras outside of the rooms on the ground floor, no security person at all .
Then, I found down later reading the reviews on TripAdvisor that I wasn't the first person to be robbed at that resort!
i WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THE MIRAMONTE RESORT AND SPA TO ANYONE!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank Isabel G
Laura Hunt L, General Manager at Miramonte Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
The goal at Miramonte is to provide all of our guests with a safe experience that is authentic and inspiring. I am saddened that we fell short of our goal in your case. Rest assured that this incidence was isolated, and we have taken additional steps to ensure that all of the guests at our resort enjoy a relaxing visit.

Stan Kantowski, General Manager
(posted by Laura Hunt L on behalf of General Manager, Stan Kantowski)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We only spent a night at this very nice hotel & wished we had been able to spend a few more nights there. As soon as we arrived and as we approached the lobby desk we had 3 smiling clerks greet us. They interacted with us in a friendly manner & made us feel relaxed.
We had a room in the Padua building, very spacious and comfortable.
The large pool was very inviting with a feel of a European hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rocky B
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We arrived to the hotel a bit early and were pleased that they were able to check us in to our room promptly so kudos to the efficient front desk. Our room was very spacious and nicely appointed: 2 flat screen TVs, nice robes, small fridge (so bring your own wine!). Nice patio to lounge on overlooking one of the many gardens. We also had a large living room to relax in as well. Our suite was in the Bellagio Bldg. which is conveniently located directly across from the adult pool. The bathroom was small but had everything you needed and was upgraded nicely. So, no complaints whatsoever about the room. Moving on to the Spa... let's just say that it is "petite". The staff are very pleasant and helpful and our treatments (the Tranquil body treatment was quite special) were very good but we were expecting more amenities; larger locker rooms, separate whirlpools & quiet rooms for women and men, etc. The quiet area is anything but as it is sandwiched between the women's area and the doors leading to the outside. We only ate one breakfast here and sadly my meal had a hair in it! Well, we all know that these things happen and the waitress and management handled it beautifully by comping our meal. There are so many fantastic restaurants now in the desert so I recommend that you venture out to El Paseo (for example) and you will find many fine dining choices.
Overall, I would recommend the Miramonte to people who are looking for a smaller more European style hotel during their desert stay.

Room Tip: Request a room in the Bellagio Bldg. The Dolce Suite is located across from the more quiet adult poo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa

Been to Miramonte Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!