“thumbs down” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Northern California
“thumbs down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had never before been to the area or this property, so I read some of the recent reviews (they are mixed). My reviews are usually positive, though I try to point out things about a place that I wish I had known. At the Miramonte, I had a bad experience, most of which was avoidable. First: my shower did not work--the tub/shower valve part of the handle did not divert the water to the shower. My room smelled of Clorox (I use it too, just not straight.) The chlorine smell in the bathroom was so strong that I could feel it in the back of my throat. From the condition of the chrome tub/shower handle (dull, rough & pitted), I guessed that the bathroom had been cleaned with straight Clorox and internal parts probably corroded. And there was a dead bug in the bathroom, not a cockroach (as another recent reviewer had), probably an earwig or maybe a termite. Dead bugs happen. But the "telltale" place for bathroom cleanliness -- the lower part of the bathroom door -- was not clean: spilled liquid, a hair, something red, and dust. There was one small bar if generic soap for two basins (one in the bathroom, one outside of the bathroom). The room was dark, The bulb in the bedside lamp was burned out. The front desk staff was young and not as appropriate as one would expect in a "4 star" resort. The "business center" consists of one computer (not 2 as was represented) in basically an unventilated closet (hot). The grounds are nice (but that is surely true of all "4 star" properties in this area), and the herb garden smells are wonderful. This property needs a major remodel and a more mature staff at the front desk. I will not return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank JP&mom
MiramonteResort, General Manager at Miramonte Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I apologize that the experience did not live up to your expectations. We strive for perfection throughout all areas of the resort and your comments regarding our front desk staff and guest room condition are very disappointing. Our hope is that you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves on your next visit to Indian Wells. Again, thank you for your feedback. Stan Kantowski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
San Clemente, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We just stayed here for two nights and had a great time. It wasnt the ultimate in luxury but for the price pretty good . The room was large and well stocked. Everything was clean and the bed was comfortable. The two pools were nice ,nothing fancy but well kept and everybody that worked there was friendly . I thought the restaurant was bit to expensive for what was and paying four dollars and fifty cents for a cup of Ice and diet coke seemed a bit extreme. I also didnt like the fact they had no covered parking seemed wrong Its the desert and if your gonna charge me eighteen bucks a night to valet park my car I dont want it baked to death. The resort charge didnt really bother me as they did have a sauna, pools and spa. I would stay here again but if I had kids with me I would find someplace else . This doesn't really strike me as a kid friendly place and to be honest I'm sure I would have been happy if it was.

Room Tip: standard king rooms were larger than most places we stay , dont be afraid to stay in the back of the...
    • 3 of 5 stars
MiramonteResort, General Manager at Miramonte Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share the experiences during your recent visit to the Miramonte. I have passed your kind words on to our team. Additionally, we appreciate your comments relating to our restaurant and parking situation, we continue to search for ways to enhance the guest experience, your thoughts will assist us in that endeavor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Indian Wells. Stan Kantowski, General Manager
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

the most horrible stay we have ever experienced. The bathroom leaked water through the ceiling overnight onto my cosmetics and toiletry bag. All my personal things were wet from ceiling muck! the assistant manager kept saying they needed to take pictures for insurance. Why do we care about your insurance. We drove 2 hours to stay at your disgusting hotel so make us happy. Instead they said we can choose to have our resort fee taken off our bill or ONE free meal. How about a refund on our stay! and some new toiletries!!Then we return again to hotel room and there was a roach in the bathroom. Sorry but we packed up our toddler and things and bolted out of there and they said " would you like a future stay on us??" NO THANK YOU! take our 17$ tax fee you still charged us and CLEAN YOUR FILTHY HOTEL and LEARN TO BEND OVER BACKWARDS FOR YOUR GUESTS! we left a day early and are happy to be back in our clean home no matter cutting our vacation short!ps.the beds sunk in the middle and there was huge cobweb in the corner wall!!! rated F for Fail. 5 star resort?? Yeah right!

Room Tip: don't throw away your money on leaky ceilings and roaches!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
6 Thank bri w
MiramonteResort, General Manager at Miramonte Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I apologize that the guestroom experience did not live up to your expectations. We strive for perfection throughout all areas of the resort and your comments regarding our service and product are very disappointing. Our hope is that you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves on your next visit to Indian Wells. Again, thank you for your feedback.
Redondo Beach, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

This is my husband and is 4th stay here. We used to think we had found the gem of the Palm Springs area. This trip it's clear too many corners have been cut. Cons that popped up this trip- towels are worn and thin, pumps in the shower instead of small toiletries, and only one soap for two sinks. Pros- The gardens and property are still lovely. Rooms are large. Easy self parking. Service- had to call housekeeping to clean at 1pm, and it still took them until 3pm to arrive. Pool service was terrible, I asked for a menu and still had to chase down the waitress to place my order. The bar at the pool is also now closed with ugly chain link fence covering the area.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Meghan K
Rockford, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed for a few nights and enjoyed every minute...it's true that the rooms are a bit tired but everything we needed was provided ...the highlight was the pools and garden like setting...we spent time in both the adult only pool and the larger pool...clean and inviting...enjoy a Melissa's special lemonade...if you're lucky, it will be served by Melissa herself! We also had breakfast twice at The Grove, their restaurant , and it was very good...don't miss the peppered bacon! I also loved the pecan waffle.

Windsor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

really nice relaxing property with villa apartments, could do with a bit of a refurb as very dark dull rooms in such a lovely sunny setting, carpets a bit tired. Staff are very friendly and welcoming and the poole area is great both during the day and at night after dinner. Very peaceful setting with some nice restaurants in town.

Room Tip: Spa facial one of the best
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The property is lovely with great poolside cabanas, an excellent restaurant and spectacular spa. The level of service we experienced was far superior to comparable resort hotels we have stayed in recently. Our rooms were spacious (we had a pair of adjoining rooms) and clean with comfortable beds. We did have some noise from our upstairs neighbors who were traveling with a toddler and small dog, but not enough to warrant a complaint. All members in our party of four would recommend the Miramonte for a return visit! Warm and welcoming, easy and accommodating, this is a great choice for families with cool kids, canoodling couples and others looking for some time alone - together.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Wells
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
The Riviera Palm Springs, A Tribute Portfolio Resort

Been to Miramonte Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!