I had never before been to the area or this property, so I read some of the recent reviews (they are mixed). My reviews are usually positive, though I try to point out things about a place that I wish I had known. At the Miramonte, I had a bad experience, most of which was avoidable. First: my shower did not work--the tub/shower valve part of the handle did not divert the water to the shower. My room smelled of Clorox (I use it too, just not straight.) The chlorine smell in the bathroom was so strong that I could feel it in the back of my throat. From the condition of the chrome tub/shower handle (dull, rough & pitted), I guessed that the bathroom had been cleaned with straight Clorox and internal parts probably corroded. And there was a dead bug in the bathroom, not a cockroach (as another recent reviewer had), probably an earwig or maybe a termite. Dead bugs happen. But the "telltale" place for bathroom cleanliness -- the lower part of the bathroom door -- was not clean: spilled liquid, a hair, something red, and dust. There was one small bar if generic soap for two basins (one in the bathroom, one outside of the bathroom). The room was dark, The bulb in the bedside lamp was burned out. The front desk staff was young and not as appropriate as one would expect in a "4 star" resort. The "business center" consists of one computer (not 2 as was represented) in basically an unventilated closet (hot). The grounds are nice (but that is surely true of all "4 star" properties in this area), and the herb garden smells are wonderful. This property needs a major remodel and a more mature staff at the front desk. I will not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the desert, all resorts are an oasis, but only one is the Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa. Nestled at the base of the Santa Rosa Mountains, Miramonte’s 215 guestrooms, suites & villas are woven into 11 acres of citrus groves, rose & herb gardens. Bougainvillea-covered villas welcome guests to their soothing sanctuary retreats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miramonte Resort And Spa
- Miramonte Hotel Indian Wells
- Miramonte Resort Indian Wells