“Lovely Retreat”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Palm Springs, California, United States
“Lovely Retreat”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Miramonte is such a restful place. The room was amazing and huge. The grounds and pools were gorgeous and pristine. The food and live music was perfect! We only stayed one night but will recommend to everyone in the area. Lovely people and very accommodating.

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad room in this place!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at Miramonte in September for a little getaway. I cannot say enough good things about this establishment. The service was excellent. The rooms were clean. The pools were perfect and always stocked with clean and fresh towels. The food was excellent and we never had to leave the property. Thank you Miramonte for a fabulous relaxing retreat!

• Stayed September 2013
Encino, California
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is our second stay at Miramonte Resort. We enjoyed our stays on both times that we stayed here. This place is well maintained and quiet. They charge $15 for valet & $8 for self park. We do self park since this is not a really big place & you will not get lost. Both pools are great but enjoyed the whirlpool more. Thank you for having the fruit-infused cold water readily available at the pool sites. All staff are very polite. My husband & I love the hammocks. Little dogs can stay here for free. The parking lots could use more lights during nighttime. Ladies, do not walk to your car by yourself.

Room Tip: Our first stay, we stayed at the Sorrento building. Our balcony is facing the herb garden & cit...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
La Verne, California
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Our 37th wedding anniversary, here for four days of comfort and blissful service. Great food! Great Rooms! Great Staff! Lovely area too! STAY HERE you'll not be disappointed! Suite was BEAUTIFUL! Staff friendly and not aloof.

Room Tip: Ask for a patio with a shade tree!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, California
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Really had a good time with family. Very accessible, very nice staff and good food. Ask for early check-in if you prefer. A great place to stay. Food and Drinks are lil bit pricey but there are lots of close by convenience stores, restaurants, gas stations (approx 2-3miles)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NoFruvlem
Indio, California
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a lovely resort in the Palm Springs area. I love the spa services and have used it several times. Great service, great views of local mountains. The restaurant has very nice food and drink selection. You will enjoy the quiet ambiance of this resort!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
MiramonteResort, General Manager at Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share the experiences during your recent visit to the Miramonte. I have passed your kind words on to our spa and restaurant teams. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Indian Wells. Grazie Stan Kantowski, General Manager
Los Angeles
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Got a great deal to stay at the luxury Piedmont suite of this lovely hotel during my birthday weekend.

It certainly is a nice hotel with wonderful customer service. The entire staff were delightful to deal with. From the hotel manager Cornelia, Patty to Sheila who gives a wonderful massage, its service with a smile and everyone is attentive to your needs and requests.

We loved our room which is nicely furnished, spacious and clean (with the exception of the beer bottle in the patio -- ** housekeeping needs to be a tad more diligent in cleaning out after each guest).

My only criticism? Upon arrival at the hotel, we were met by an intoxicated gentleman who was giving a statement to the police. He immediately told us (much to the annoyance of the officer) that he and his wife had been robbed while at the pool (wedding rings etc all taken). He stated they were at the pool ordering drinks which they charged to their room and lo and behold, when they returned to their room they discovered the theft. He was certainly very agitated. Who can blame him? It was disturbing hearing that as we were checking in. I questioned the desk clerk about it and she seemed rather dismissive of it which set me on edge throughout our stay and of course heightened my sense of security. Furthermore, while visiting the spa for my massage, I was given a tour and shown the locker rooms where I noticed there are no keys but codes to access the lockers. You are given a pass code. Mine, she said was C129. She punched it in demonstrating to me how to close and open the locker, all within earshot of other guests in the locker room -- literally announcing the password to where I am supposed to place my purse to all and sundry. Naturally, my purse remained with me during my massage!

This hotel needs to be more attentive in the area of security. Great customer service is one thing, but when traveling and staying at a hotel, I don't think its too much to expect peace of mind and security. You are travelling with electronics, money credit card and valuables. The gentleman's theft was one thing but the locker room incident clearly displaced their lack of diligence when it comes to security so pls beware when booking.

Room Tip: Def the luxury suite
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!