“Great room and spa”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Indio, California
“Great room and spa”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a lovely resort in the Palm Springs area. I love the spa services and have used it several times. Great service, great views of local mountains. The restaurant has very nice food and drink selection. You will enjoy the quiet ambiance of this resort!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
MiramonteResort, General Manager at Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share the experiences during your recent visit to the Miramonte. I have passed your kind words on to our spa and restaurant teams. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Indian Wells. Grazie Stan Kantowski, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Los Angeles
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Got a great deal to stay at the luxury Piedmont suite of this lovely hotel during my birthday weekend.

It certainly is a nice hotel with wonderful customer service. The entire staff were delightful to deal with. From the hotel manager Cornelia, Patty to Sheila who gives a wonderful massage, its service with a smile and everyone is attentive to your needs and requests.

We loved our room which is nicely furnished, spacious and clean (with the exception of the beer bottle in the patio -- ** housekeeping needs to be a tad more diligent in cleaning out after each guest).

My only criticism? Upon arrival at the hotel, we were met by an intoxicated gentleman who was giving a statement to the police. He immediately told us (much to the annoyance of the officer) that he and his wife had been robbed while at the pool (wedding rings etc all taken). He stated they were at the pool ordering drinks which they charged to their room and lo and behold, when they returned to their room they discovered the theft. He was certainly very agitated. Who can blame him? It was disturbing hearing that as we were checking in. I questioned the desk clerk about it and she seemed rather dismissive of it which set me on edge throughout our stay and of course heightened my sense of security. Furthermore, while visiting the spa for my massage, I was given a tour and shown the locker rooms where I noticed there are no keys but codes to access the lockers. You are given a pass code. Mine, she said was C129. She punched it in demonstrating to me how to close and open the locker, all within earshot of other guests in the locker room -- literally announcing the password to where I am supposed to place my purse to all and sundry. Naturally, my purse remained with me during my massage!

This hotel needs to be more attentive in the area of security. Great customer service is one thing, but when traveling and staying at a hotel, I don't think its too much to expect peace of mind and security. You are travelling with electronics, money credit card and valuables. The gentleman's theft was one thing but the locker room incident clearly displaced their lack of diligence when it comes to security so pls beware when booking.

Room Tip: Def the luxury suite
2 Thank SOAP
San Francisco
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel is well run and decently maintained in most places. Considering that it is very warm, they could use more pool space.

It was a nice getaway for my Mom's birthday, but it is a simple no bells and whistles kind of place.

For planning if you book a spa reservation, they tell you the time and it is a half hour BEFORE your treatment.

Hidden FEES! - $8 to self park and $25 amenity fee per night!

downey
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We got a a deal on Group on for the resort. It was a luxury room with parking, $25 food credit and $25 spa credit. We decided to upgrade our stay to a Dolce Suite. That turned out to be perfect for our family.

We arrived a couple of hours after the scheduled check in time. When we got there, the room was not ready. The manager quickly gave us four complimentary drinks in their lounge while we waited for the room. As we waited, we noticed how beautiful the resort is. The landscape is great. Plenty of outside seating area for people to enjoy the grounds. We didn't have to wait long for our room. The manager personally came to give us our room key and apologized again for their error. We love when people to responsibility for their mistake. It is a sign of great customer service.

We got to our room and were blown away by it. It was spacious and clean. We quickly got settled in and went to the pool. Because we arrived on a Sunday the pool only had a few people there and it continued that way for the week. We absolutely loved that it was not crowded. The pool was clean with plenty of clean towels and seating. There were great lounge chairs for two, a bed, plenty of umbrellas and tables plus cabanas.

I did visit the spa for a pedicure. The spa was nice as a whole. The front desk team was ok. There was some confusion about bring my teenage daughter. They told my daughter on the phone she would be able to come and use the facility and it services. Yet, when I got there for my pedicure they said she could stay with me in the room while I got the pedicure only. She would not be able to stay in the spa or get any service. We did not complain because she wanted to go to the large pool. The other issue there was only one person at the front desk. She had a few people waiting to check in and ask her some questions. I had to ask for a tour of the facility after checking in because it was offered to me. I waited for like 5 minutes before I could ask. During the tour, I was glad I came to the spa. It had two small pools. They offered sunscreen, lounge chairs and an umbrella for part of a pool so not to get burned while sitting in the water. Inside was a sitting area for both men and women. This area had plush lounge chairs to relax. Inside the women's locker room was an eucalyptus steam room, showers, a quiet room plus an area dressing area. All of it was clean and well maintained. After my pedicure, I spent a few hours there enjoying the spa. It was a great experience.

My pedicurist made up for the front desk staff. Maricela (I believe that was her name) was attentive, knowledgeable and did a wonderful job. She was so worth the tip they automatically add to your bill. We had a wonderful personality, a true joy to have as a pedicurist. We discussed some of my areas of concern about skin. She recommended a product for these concerns. I asked for a brochure on the product. She went to get one but returned and apologized repeatedly because there were no brochure on the product. That was disappointing because I was interested in finding out more information on it. Maricela also brought my some fruit and water during the pedicure. She gets a 5 stars rating for her work and customer service.

The staff as a whole were great and attentive. We used many of the services at the resort and the staff was great each time. Although, while at the pool area, we waited over 30 minutes for a couple of drinks one time. I actually had to go to the bar area for the drinks. The waiter apologized and said he was also responsible for room service as well as the pool. Then on the last full day we found out by a waitress that there is an automatic 20% gratuity added to pool service. She told me this before I signed my receipt. I thanked her for her honesty as we had been added 20% for tip in addition to their automatic one. Fortunately at check out, the front desk clerk reversed all the added tips from our bill. This was not easy as she had to go back the three days we were there and look for each receipt. She did that with a smile.

We totally enjoyed our time there. It was exactly what we wanted a quiet, relaxing vacation before school started. The customer service was amazing.

Corona, California, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Love the fact that its not too far to drive. It's definitely great for a quiet getaway from the bustling city life or just away from home. Amenities exceeded my expectations. Staff were very courteous and helpful. Resort have an awesome view of the nearby mountains. Hammocks were comfortably situated in the lush gardens. Enjoyed looking at the starry night sky. Loved the fact that they grow most of their herbs and citrus in the resort gardens. Will definitely recommend this place and planning to come back again hopefully soon!!!

Room Tip: The patios were very cozy
San Diego
Reviewed August 21, 2013

stayed here 2 years ago and had an excellent time.

this time, not so much

- 3 hour wait to check in
- FEES! almost $40 a night in fees
- lame adults only pool

won't be heading back here, lots of other choices in the area with more personality and less fees

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sam B
Ladera Ranch, California, United States
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We only were able to stay one night, but had a lovely, relaxing time. The grounds are beautiful, both pools were nice (and not crowded at all), and the room is very large. I wish we had been able to stay longer. We used a Groupon and it was extremely affordable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MiramonteResort, Director of Sales at Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share the experiences during your recent visit to the Miramonte. I have passed your kind words on to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Indian Wells. Grazie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Wells
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa

Been to Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!