“miramonte”

GreenLeadersSilver level
INDIAN WELLS
“miramonte”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Lovely spa experience, staff were wonderful....personal touches.
Room service needs improvement. Second time staying here and this room was not quite as well appointed as my previous room.....still comfortable and clean, just not as luxurious as previous stay. Bath products seem to have changed (the lotion they had previously was amazing).
Summer room service hours were not posted so we were unable to order an evening snack and were super hungry all night.....but the spa staff were incredible and the housekeeping staff were so responsive and welcoming....really went above and beyond to make the experience memorable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had a great time here and really enjoyed the hotel - the grounds were very well maintained and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful.
You must know, however, that when you stay here you are going to end up paying more than you expected.
We booked a room at the special summer rate of $89. After the daily $28 resort fee, $8 self parking fee and a host of other inexplicable taxes - we ended up paying $140 per night - still not bad for a resort of this caliber but a 60% markup on the room rate!
Also, we came here with a baby and were disappointed that they did not have a real crib - instead they had one of those "Porto-cribs" - so needless to say, the baby was uncomfortable and ended up sleeping in our bed the whole night.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RDTrips07
Cypress, California
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have recommended this resort to all of my friends. Definitely had an amazing time and the resort is top notch. We were offered an upgraded room to the Presidential Suite...OMG! Amazing!! I would recommend accepting this offer if you get the opportunity to stay in this suite. Ours was right next to the swimming pool, lobby and the fitness center. Everything turned out better than we expected.

Room Tip: Definitely book the Dolce Villa room or above. If you get the chance to stay in the Presidential Su...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MiramonteResort, Director of Sales at Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share the experiences during your recent visit to the Miramonte. I have passed your kind words on to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Indian Wells. Grazie
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have stayed at this resort twice! The second time was on the house b/c the first time was such a disaster. I appreciate the gesture - but there will not be a third time - even if the resort offered it for free. The hotel is essentially a 70's motel that has been made over. The pictures of the pool make it look more impressive than it is. The first time we stayed for a weekend away from the kids - the hotel had a radio station weekend. Strewn around the pool were tattooed and drunken 20 somethings - would have been nice to know when we booked. The second time we stayed brought our kids. This time the hotel was sold out to a wedding party - apparently - everyone but us. Our room was literally shaking until past 10 p.m. with music from DJ. Neither stay was what we were looking for.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I apologize that the experience did not live up to your expectations. We strive for perfection throughout all areas of the resort and your comments regarding our service and product are very disappointing.
Again, thank you for your feedback.
Irvine, California
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed here for a single night in June, for business. Maybe I failed to read the fine print, but a $39.15 charge on my Visa for, and I quote, "That charge is the total of the $28 nightly resort fee plus tax and also the $8 parking charge" is insanely expensive. Wow, my rate was $110.95 on Hotwire. The property was nice and, in their defense, it was purely for business. To even charge for parking in the desert...really? Are many people taking public transit to a hotel in the desert?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Greg H
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This place was amazing. Although there was a bit of confusion at check in, I loved our entire stay! The bartender (can't remember her name) was super fun and made great drinks. The well spa was awesome! They have great locker rooms with everything you could need to get ready after you have a service.. Even curling irons! They have a relaxation spot inside and outside where there are 2 different heated pools you can enjoy before or after your treatments. The staff was great too! They heard my boyfriend and I were there for our anniversary and after our treatments they brought out champagne, blueberries, and chocolate covered strawberries complimentary. Such a nice touch. And the room was big too. We stayed in a basic king estate and it was bery spacious. Even the basic rooms had a big living room area, very nice. Overall I absolutely loved our stay. I can't wait to come back and enjoy this place again! Also, a big kudo to Amy at the well spa. The day after my treatment I was walking from the lobby and she stopped to say good morning and even remembered and addressed me by my last name! It really is the little things like that that make a stay special. Thank you to the miramonte and I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed July 2013
Wow! Thank you, thank you for the nice comments on your recent anniversary visit with us. I was pleased to hear that you had the opportunity to relax and experience our spa. We strive to exceed our guest expectations and we appreciate you sharing your comments. Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit to the Miramonte Resort & Spa.
Long Beach, California
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this resort a few weeks ago for a mini-Honeymoon. Temperature was 118 Degrees when we got there--hot honeymoon. I had requested a room with some privacy, and they came through--room was quiet (although Mr. Pacer was heard in the room above us the next morning), and it was right next to the adult pool--great location. The pool hit the spot with the 118 degree heat, and getting a spot in the shade was mandatory. We had the pool all to ourselves for the majority of the time we were there--awesome. When we got back to the room, management sent over a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries--nice touch. For dinner, we ate in their restaurant. We had crab cakes for the appetizer which were excellent. Entree was the halibut special, which was good but not great. The next morning, we had breakfast there also--I had the ham and cheese omellette, which was decent but not outstanding. We did not use the spa.
Front desk service was excellent. My wife was impressed with the place and wants to come back for our anniversary.

Room Tip: For a romantic getaway, building 12 and the adult pool.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Wells
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa

Been to Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!