WINNER WONDERLAND

Miramonte Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
GreenLeadersSilver level
Salmon
“Came back for another enjoyable visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I returned this past weekend for another short stay at the Miramonte Resort. We like the personable staff and we once again received excellent customer service. There was a group checking in when we arrived and I waited about 10 minutes for my turn. The assistant manager, Bart immediately apologized for the wait and quickly got us checked in. He bought our first round of drinks at the bar and gave me a coupon for an upgrade for our next stay. I thought that was very classy.

I had a wonderful relaxing massage at the onsite spa, soaked in the saltwater jacuzzi outdoor pool, relaxed in the eucalyptus steam room. You can use the spa facilities all day when you have a scheduled appointment.

The large outdoor pool has lots of lounge chairs and a good size jacuzzi. There is drink and food service at the pool and the pool wait staff was very sociable and fun to talk with.

The night before you can order a pot of coffee delivered at whatever time you want in the morning to your room. They leave you an order card to hang on the door before you go to bed. Pretty slick and they come at the exact time you write down with your coffee.

Our room was the standard room this time but fine enough when you spend most of the time outdoors. It has a fridge, comfortable bed, and good quality tv. Like most hotel rooms these days could use a few more plugs charge the electronics but that is a very minor point and hey why not put those things away anyway and just relax a bit more!

Room Tip: The larger rooms are nicer and the inside garden or pool view would be preferable if available.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Miramonte is a relatively small resort with a superb location in Indian Wells. It's about 30 minutes from the airport in Palm Springs and about 15 minutes for PGA West Resort. The service was excellent and the room was clean. Lovely main pool area with a small, but first class spa. The food and wine in the restaurant, although expensive, were excellent.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Bellagio building - which is near the back third of the property. If I were to stay...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Laura Hunt L, Manager at Miramonte Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments on your recent stay with us. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed the considered your Spa experience "first class" and your meals "excellent". We strive to exceed our guest expectations and we appreciate your comments.
SF, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

The grounds are nice. Staff is very pleasant and helpful. LOVED the restaurant – the breakfast and lunch staff and chefs did an excellent job.

They'd get 5 stars except for the deferred maintenance in my bathroom. When I called to complain, the staff apologized, and told me it would be fixed the next day. It was. The staff left me a follow up message. Nicely handled.

The spa was fabulous. The masseuse was Alejandro, and he did a great job. This hotel is definitely worth a return visit.

Room Tip: I I recommend an upstairs room for privacy and less noise. I’m not sure if any buildings have eleva...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Clean, better than average food - seared Tuna is excellent. My room was a bit tired but clean. Internet was free and unusually easy to setup without daft passwords. Also fast in the main building but slower in the bedrooms. Worst feature: the dreadful meeting / breakfast coffee. TV and Internet above average. Plenty of hot water for the shower. Staff friendly. Would return.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us. We strive to exceed expectations and apologize that your coffee was so disappointing. I have passed your comments on about the coffee. I am glad to hear that your internet access was satisfactory. We hope that you will return in the future to visit us. Thank you, again, for sharing your feedback.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

This place charges for EVERYTHING! The $25/night resort fee includes next to nothing. Parking was an additional $8/night, more for Valet. To order room service, there is an additional $3 charge per room. That being said, the room was clean and well maintained. The building was very quiet. I hoped for a real balcony when I saw the sliding patio door but the 2nd floor of the Capri building doesn't have balconies. The restaurant was really, really good food and service. Delicious breakfast! The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. If the resort fee included parking and more ammenities, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kvani
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We had booked two connecting rooms through an online travel site. When we got there we were only given adjacent rooms. After one bathroom was found not having been cleaned we were then finally given two connecting rooms.
What was not mentioned when we booked that there was a $8 parking fee per day per room and a $25 resort fee per day and per room.
Small insects were found in both bathrooms on the floor around the bathtub.
Otherwise Mira Monte is very nice, the staff always friendly and the grounds are impeccable.

Room Tip: Rooms facing South have morning sun on the patio
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank herealot
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and it was great to hear that you enjoyed the resort's grounds. I do apologize that you initially received non-adjoining rooms and one that was not up to par on cleanliness. This is certainly not indicative to the level of service our resort is known for. Again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

As always, the Miramonte was great! Having stayed here numerous times, I jumped at the chance when I saw a great 'Bloomspot' deal and booked two rooms, one king suite and one double suite.

I requested early check-in on the reservation. We arrived very early (10 a.m.) and were lucky to that both (adjoining)0 rooms were ready for us. The front desk staff was quite attentive and happy to answer questions about places for dinner.

The rooms are very large, with double sinks in the bathroom, making it really easy when getting ready to go out to dinner.

Poolside was fabulous - we had great weather.

I can highly recommend this resort. Though I didn't have a spa appt. this time, their spa is great. I'm headed back out to the Miramonte (hopefully) in late March/April)

Room Tip: Ask for a bottom floor room as they have a nice table setup outside most rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Miramonte Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!