“a fantastic hotel and a wonderful experience”

Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed for 12 nights and had a wonderful, relaxing time. The grounds are spectacular, so gorgeous. The rooms were large and very comfortable. The staff were all friendly, helpful, cheerful. The hotel's spa is amazing - highly recommend it. Over the holiday, they had extras such as a Gingerbread Village, and chestnut roasting, & s'mores outside over a fire - what fun - a lovely addition. The entertainment in the Vineyard Restaurant was terrific and well worth it. The Sunday Brunch was absolutely delicious.

Room Tip: There are many different types of rooms and locations - so do some checking as to what you would lik...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 456Linda

Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I wanted a little getaway for New Years after all the family chaos of Christmas. What a delight. This resort is intimate, and it's petite size makes it so easy to navigate no matter what building you're staying in, and it has such a wonderfully peaceful and lovely spa. Highly suggest the Desert Rain massage from Danielle - I think it was it was the most intuitive, restorative treatment I've ever had. All food was delicious, and their gluten free substitutions were *exceptional* to the fabulous fixed menu for NYE dinner. The rooms are impeccably clean, there was an extra vanity next to the bathroom so two can get ready at once, and the room service from the restaurant is divine. All staff were warm, gracious, welcoming, well informed and accommodating. Really great staff. Can't say enough good things about Miramonte.

The service and atmosphere is so four/five star there are certain touches you may then expect and be surprised not to find. But when I reflected on the price point, which is very fair, those missing touches felt more reasonable -though I'd personally love bathrobes in the guest rooms. :) The $25 resort fee covers wifi, pool towels, fitness room access. It's a $30 fee to use the spa amenities (salt pools, steam room, locker room) if you don't have a service that day. These are touches that would normally be included yet I realize perhaps the cost would just be buried in the higher rate at more expensive resorts.

For couples looking to sunbathe without the noise of children, the adults only pool is much smaller than the very large family friendly pool, and for sunbathing is in the shade a good part of the afternoon. (Lol if it were up to me I'd make the adult pool the kids pool - kids don't care about sunbathing!) So to get sun, we sat at the main pool which to be honest was pretty quiet with just a couple well behaved kids, and we thoroughly enjoyed having lunch poolside - and again, impeccable service while we were out there.

Overall we were so very happy and can't wait to go back! A very happy New Year indeed!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room if you are a light sleeper - because you can hear your upstairs neighbor...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura Hunt L, Manager at Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Wow! Thank you, thank you for your nice comments on your recent stay with us. I was pleased to hear that you had the opportunity to relax and experience our spa. Our Chef and restaurant team will be pleased to hear your feedback about our gluten-free offerings as well. We strive to exceed our guest expectations and we appreciate you sharing your comments. Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit to the Miramonte Resort & Spa.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We had our wedding there for a small group of 40 family members outside on the Terrace and Piazza with Dancing in the Vienna. We could not have picked a better location. The Piazza was perfect! It was the most beautiful location I could imagine and the staff were so absloutely fabolous!!! They were so helpful and great at accomodating everyone's needs. I would definitely recommend this Resort to anyone. The only thing we didn't like was the food. It was below average so make sure you have a tasting before you book. With the beauty of the place the guests had no complaints. I also had Luna from Arrangements do the flowers and decor which added to the beauty and I had Craig the DJ from Musical Affair which added to the ambience and I had Roman from Over The Rainbow Cupcakes put together an amzing dessert table with the best cake I've ever tasted. I would recommend them all. The complimentary Dulce Suite was not much of a Suite at all. It had no tub and the brown colors and decor was not very pleasing. I overall had a great experience at Miramonte, Indian Wells and would do it all over again if I could!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank t-kaakani2012

Congratulations on your marriage!! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your reception and stay. It was great to hear that your wedding, the venue and customer service was perfect! I do apologize that you were disappointed with the food and the Dolce Suite. I have shared your comments with our team. As a valued customer, your business is important to us. We do appreciate you taking the time to let us know about you're stay so we can continue to improve. We certainly appreciate the feedback. Congratulations again!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed only for one night, and checking in they tell you that you have to pay for a $25 resort fee, which includes the pool towels, internet, shoe shining,fitness room etc... I though it was a joke.. when I stay in a 4* hotel, I assume they will provide these services and expect them to be already included in the price of the room.
The room wasn't very big but was OK. Though the bathroom was as big (small) as a closet!!!!!!!! I never saw a bathroom this small in the US and even more in this kind of hotels!!
View from the room was nice, looking at the gardens and pool.
The main pool is really good to swim!! Jacuzzi is nice too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank laure i
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was our third trip to the resort in the past three years and this time we talked my sister and brother in law into joining us. We all had nothing but accolades for our experiences. The staff was attentive from check in to check out, the rooms were well appointed and clean, the grounds were immaculate and the pools were perfect. The Tuscan motif with the backdrop of the mountains makes one really feel they are on vacation which is exactly why we go there. We were there for six nights in early November and had great weather but it can be iffy as November it can get a little chilly and you might not be able to sit out and use the pool. By the way we all just booked to return next year but this time in October.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank rdny1077
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I had high expectations for Miramonte Resort & Spa, and still, the resort exceeded them. The rooms were nicer than I thought they'd be. The staff was friendlier. Things to do in Indian Wells and surrounding environs were better than I thought.

My wife, young son and I stayed in a room with two Queen beds for three nights.

The room was spacious, clean and well-appointed. The grounds of the hotel, including two pools, are exceedingly well kept. Reception is welcoming, and other hotel staff quickly helpful. One pool-side attendant told us a sandwich was so big, we could comfortably split it, and avoid the expense of a second, wasted lunch; she was right. My wife spent at least a half-hour picking the brain of the concierge.

We ate dinner one night at the restaurant. It wasn't great. Okay, but nothing special. Perhaps it was what we ordered.

Miramonte is located in Indian Wells, which is gorgeous. We spent a fair amount of time in Palm Springs and Joshua Tree National Park, a short drive away. Perhaps we should have stayed in Palm Springs, to cut down on the driving, but we would have missed out on Miramonte.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank JRo70
MiramonteResort, Manager at Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for your nice comments on your recent stay with us. We strive to exceed our guest expectations and we appreciate you sharing your comments. Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit to the Miramonte Resort & Spa.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We always enjoy our stay at the Miramonte. We are treated like family from start to finish. If you are looking for a relaxing time away in a beautiful setting with grat food and service this is the place for you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Indian Wells Resort Hotel
Indian Wells Resort Hotel
#4 of 4 in Indian Wells

Been to Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!