“We keep going back”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“We keep going back”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was our third trip to the resort in the past three years and this time we talked my sister and brother in law into joining us. We all had nothing but accolades for our experiences. The staff was attentive from check in to check out, the rooms were well appointed and clean, the grounds were immaculate and the pools were perfect. The Tuscan motif with the backdrop of the mountains makes one really feel they are on vacation which is exactly why we go there. We were there for six nights in early November and had great weather but it can be iffy as November it can get a little chilly and you might not be able to sit out and use the pool. By the way we all just booked to return next year but this time in October.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank rdny1077

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I had high expectations for Miramonte Resort & Spa, and still, the resort exceeded them. The rooms were nicer than I thought they'd be. The staff was friendlier. Things to do in Indian Wells and surrounding environs were better than I thought.

My wife, young son and I stayed in a room with two Queen beds for three nights.

The room was spacious, clean and well-appointed. The grounds of the hotel, including two pools, are exceedingly well kept. Reception is welcoming, and other hotel staff quickly helpful. One pool-side attendant told us a sandwich was so big, we could comfortably split it, and avoid the expense of a second, wasted lunch; she was right. My wife spent at least a half-hour picking the brain of the concierge.

We ate dinner one night at the restaurant. It wasn't great. Okay, but nothing special. Perhaps it was what we ordered.

Miramonte is located in Indian Wells, which is gorgeous. We spent a fair amount of time in Palm Springs and Joshua Tree National Park, a short drive away. Perhaps we should have stayed in Palm Springs, to cut down on the driving, but we would have missed out on Miramonte.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank JRo70
MiramonteResort, Manager at Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your nice comments on your recent stay with us. We strive to exceed our guest expectations and we appreciate you sharing your comments. Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit to the Miramonte Resort & Spa.
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We always enjoy our stay at the Miramonte. We are treated like family from start to finish. If you are looking for a relaxing time away in a beautiful setting with grat food and service this is the place for you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank robert n
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at Miramonte in October, it was beautiful! The main pool was a bit crowded, but behind my building there was a smaller pool and a hottub that could fit 12 people in it with full drinks/food service and more private. The spa was by far the best part, the locker rooms are clean and stocked with robes/towels/beauty products, showers, etc. and a steam room. The heated salt water pool out back was private and nice, and the salt water hot tub out back had little waterfalls and the temperature was perfect. I waited for my massage in a small waiting area with about 8 chase chairs with a blanket to put over you and magazines. It's the "quiet room" as you wait to be called or after your service to relax. The rooms were spacious and the patio was pretty. The suite upgrade is well worth it for space and comfort. The only problem was our mini fridge was not working. It was condensed into the dresser and very difficult to see if it was even plugged in.

Room Tip: If you'd like a patio or balcony you'll need to upgrade from the lowest room, but it's w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Laura Hunt L, Manager at Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share the experiences during your recent visit to the Miramonte. I have passed your wonderful comments on to our spa team. Since your visit, we have replaced the mini-fridges in most of the rooms, so that shouldn't be an issue in the future. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Indian Wells. Thanks again.
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I enjoyed my weekend away at the Miramonte Resort and Spa. The best part of my stay was the day at the Spa. I received a massage, a pedicure and had my eyebrows waxed. I enjoyed the eucalyptus steam room and frequented that area of the spa approximately 3 times that day.
The location of the resort is beautiful. I drove in from San Diego and the drive was absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend taking CA-79 through to Pines to Palms Highway.
The villas are not the most beautiful and the rooms seem a little dark. There was only a sliding glass door that backed up to the adult pool, which was protected by tall boxwood bushes. It was definitely pretty peaceful and private, but again the room was dark and I didn't get that WOW feeling, which I was hoping for. My room also hummed. I never did figure out where is came from, but I still got a good nights sleep. All in all, this was a great location and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. By the way, a lady sitting next to me at the spa ordered a diet coke and it was very pricey. She was a very classy women and she stated, "this is the most expensive coke I have ever had." Beware, the drinks cost a small fortune.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank LolaLamb7
Beaumont, California
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I loved the seclusion of this resort and the attention to detail it offered in making our two nights the most memorable possible. With various fireplaces around the resort, a beautiful spa/pool, and Disney-like manicuring of the vegetation, it made evening strolls memorable.

Our room was spotless and the value for what you received was comforting as well. Combine a nice room with the friendly staff and great location and it's a resort will be staying in again in the near future.

Thank you, MiraMonte, for the memories.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MiramonteResort, Manager at Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share the experiences during your recent visit to the Miramonte. I have passed your wonderful comments on to our team. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Indian Wells. Grazie
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I highly recommend the Mira Monte for anyone seeking customer focused attention in an excellent setting. The staff is attentive, the rooms well appointed and the spa is first class. The restaurant offers a good selection and the food was excellent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Wells
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa

Been to Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!