“Great stay in the desert”

Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Long golf weekend at this property, great location to all the valley. Room we reserved was not available upgraded to large suite by pool. Very nice room, energy savings lighting a little dark. A small problem one morning at breakfast and check out that were handled in a very satisfactory manner. Great stay would recommend this property and will return next time area.

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Outstanding atmosphere and decor. Staff is excellent and take care of you like you're their only guest. Grounds were beautiful and for the most part the food and drink were very good. We will certainly stay at the Miramonte the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here for a natinal conference and it was great! The resort is not too big but large enough to handle our conference group. We stayed an extra two days for a total of 6-days in a "luxury" room that was located in a building of 4-rooms, each with an outdoor porch with chairs and tables overlooking the landscaped lawns and adjacent to the "adult" pool/whirlpool. This was a perfect location away from noise and the congestion of Palm Springs. The staff were responsive to our requests, the Artisan restaurant served good choices (although at resort prices) and the larger pool/whirlpool provided opportunities for lap swimming and informal group discussions. While we had a conference room rate the facility is well worth their rack rate with mulitple restaurants, golf courses and shopping nearby if someone is interested.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
MiramonteResort, Manager at Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experiences during your recent visit with your group at the Miramonte. I have passed your wonderful comments on to our conference services team. We hope you will be able to return for a visit with us again soon - perhaps on a leisure trip! Thank you, again, for sharing your comments.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Miramonte was the perfect place for a very special celebration: my daughter's 30th birthday and my 60th. After making plans months ago I wondered whether it would live up to our expectations; we both agree that it exceeded them in every way!

One of the things that made our two-day stay so delightful was the exceptional customer service. We expected to be pampered a bit in the spa, but every staff member we encountered, from the woman who greeted us at check-in and suggested that valet parking probably wasn't necessary given the location of our room, to the servers in the restaurant, who remembered us and our preferences each time we came in, seemed genuinely interested in making our stay the best it could be. The food is a cut above typical resort food...so delicious, fresh and beautifully presented that we opted to eat in the Grove every meal.

As the photographs suggest, the grounds are beautifully maintained. What surprised us was that while the property is very large and obviously serves many guests, the Miramonte still manages to feel intimate. There were two weddings the Saturday that we were there, which I thought might impact our experience; but we were hardly aware of them.

My daughter and I scheduled spa treatments on both days so we had unlimited access to The Well, which is a world onto itself with beautiful spaces to relax, steam, shower, enjoy a meal or a dip in the private salt water pool and jacuzzi. We each chose a different type of massage and both felt that they were the best we'd ever had. I've had monthly massages for 10 years but none have compared to the Cobblestone massage I enjoyed at The Well. It will be a tough act to follow, but I’m going to try!

In short, I can't recommend the Miramonte highly enough for any kind of special celebration!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Clients booked me into the Miramonte as it was close to their home in Indian Wells. I did not have any idea what kind of a hotel this would be other than it would probably would be nice. This is a large property with a small boutique hotel feel. I checked in at 1:30 am by two very pleasant gentlemen at the front desk and was escorted to my room by the security guard as I was in a building at the back of the property. I was in an Estate King Room which was nice and clean and a little dated. comfy bed nice furniture and plenty of room to spread out my documents and work. I did not get a chance to use the facilities other than the restaurant for breakfast the following morning. Great sleep and a quiet room was better than expected.
Breakfast in the restaurant was your typical bacon and egg breakfast served quickly and professionally. All was as you would expect. Had a chance to see the property walking to and from my room. Well kept and manicured mature gardens. nothing over the top just really understated which I prefer.

Room Tip: If you can and want quiet request a room in one of the buildings at the rar of the property facing t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
MiramonteResort, Manager at Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share the experiences during your recent visit to the Miramonte. We hope you will be able to return so that we may have the opportunity to enjoy the pool and relax and rejuvenate in our WELL Spa.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights about a week ago and had hoped for a nice, quiet stay and were pretty disappointed that didn't happen.

The good:
The property, for the most part, is quite lovely. The staff was very nice and friendly. Especially Nick (I think that's his name!) the bartender and pool waiter. He's awesome! We are Destination members so we received a complimentary upgrade upon check-in. The nightly turndown service with chocolate covered strawberries is a very nice touch.

The bad:
Noisy! Everybody's door automatically slams shut and when you have folks getting up at 6:30a and going in and out of their rooms a bunch of times, it wakes you. The outer door to the building (#14) seems to have been fixed not to slam at all...can't they fix the room doors to be the same way? Also, if you turn off the shower water too slowly, it sounds like a jackhammer. Another wonderful thing to wake you when your neighbors are up early. We didn't ask to change rooms, thinking each building would most likely be the same. The walls seem a bit thin, too. I wouldn't suggest hanging out at the adult pool after dark (before it closes)... Huge roaches scattered around our feet as we were walking around inside the pool gates... Yet we also saw them around other areas of the property.

The blah:
We couldn't believe how many people raved about the breakfast food! We did one morning there and opted to spend far less money at local breakfast places with much better food the other 2 mornings.

Overall... Our main issue was the noise. The noise issue has to do with the property/building itself, not the other guests. I'm afraid we probably won't stay there again since we didn't have the relaxing, quiet long weekend we had hoped for.

Restaurant recommendations: The Chop House and Piero's Pizzavino for dinner. Palms Cafe for breakfast

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AztecsU2
MiramonteResort, Manager at Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. It was great to hear that you enjoyed the resort's grounds and customer service. I do apologize for the noise levels that you experienced and your disappointment in your breakfast. I have shared your comments with our restaurant. As a valued Destination Delivers customer, your business is important to us. We do appreciate you taking the time to let us know about you're stay so we can continue to improve. We certainly appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We just returned from a stay here (10/20-10/23) and it was FANTASTIC!! The grounds are beautiful (think Italian Villa) and it was absolute heaven! The pool and hot tub are beautiful and rooms were spacious, lovely and clean. I have stayed all over the world and this was one of my favorites. The price is extremely reasonable and this place is a true oasis in the desert. I have a rule never to return to the same place twice, but I cannot wait to go back!!!! It will be the only place I stay at in Palm Springs - no need to even try anywhere else. I cannot recommend more highly!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for the nice comments on your recent stay with us. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the pool and our newly remodeled rooms. We strive to exceed our guest expectations and we appreciate your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Miramonte Resort & Spa.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Wells
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Indian Wells Resort Hotel
Indian Wells Resort Hotel
#4 of 4 in Indian Wells

Been to Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!