New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Miramonte Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oxnard, California
“Relaxing gem, third visit in 8 years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Just returned from a 3-night visit at this wonderful gem in the desert. I stayed in a Luxury room in Villa Naples (building 4). I absolutely love this resort during the off-season because it is quiet and relaxing. This was my third visit over the past 8 years, and I fully intend to return in the future. A Luxury room is nice if you like having an outdoor seating area (patio). I enjoyed having my morning coffee sitting out on the patio. The Well Spa is outstanding! As I did with my two previous visits, I received a massage (Desert Rain Massage - highly recommend!!) and spent several hours at the spa. One of my favorite features inside the spa is the eucalyptus-infused steam room. Nothing feels more refreshing after a massage than sitting in the hot steam room.

The staff at the Miramonte were friendly and helpful, including the front-desk personnel as well as the restaurant employees. The food at the restaurant is excellent, with lots of great choices, including many healthy dishes.

At this time it appears they are making some renovations to certain buildings/rooms, but the work that is being done is very low-key and almost impossible to notice unless you are checking each building out in detail. I noticed that the building I had stayed in 8 years ago was one of those buildings (Villa Perugia). I'm sure very soon the resort will be completed with all improvements and I look forward to returning soon.

In all three of my visits, I did 3-night stays completely solo, and never did leave the resort. The Miramonte is indeed one of those places where you can go just to completely unwind and re-energize. This latest visit did wonders for my mind, body and soul.

Room Tip: If you want a room with an outdoor seating area, the Luxury Room is a great choice, and not much mor...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Aliso Viejo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Miramonte has done a good job maintaining an older property and keeping it from being dated. Serene and scenice. Friendly staff. Rooms are nice, nothing spectacular. Bed was comfortable, bathroom on small side. Food was VERY good in the restaurant. Quality and presentation excellent. Convenient location and perfect spot for a business conference. Meeting rooms are spacious. Attendees have easy access to rooms (no elevators packed with people) and amenities to make their stay pleasant. Would definitely book for business. Prefer Shadow Ridge or Hyatt for vacation due to golf courses and upscale vibe.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Fullerton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed for one night. Spent most of our time by the pool. The service was great (provided by Tony). I love the view of the mountains, very romantic. The grounds are kept nicely. Bed was comfortable. Only complaint, woke up at 230 am with no air conditioning. We were offered another room but it began working again.

• Stayed September 2012
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We highly recommended to stay in Miramonte hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the pool was fantastic. The hotel wasn,t crowded as is in usual is hollyday time The staff were freindly and helpful We had a geat time and defenatly stay another time.

Room Tip: rooms close to the adults pool
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Pavel A
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Absolutely beautiful resort. Very relaxing. Our room was in the Piedmont wing overlooking the pool and we enjoyed breakfast on the veranda. Also, its nice to have an adult pool separate from the pool that allows children. It's cool to have the option to rent a cabana at the pool as well!

Room Tip: Piedmont wing, overlooking pool. Room 1212 is fantastic!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robovin
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at the Miramonte Resort over the Labor Day weekend. We got there before our room was ready so we ate lunch in the restaurant. The food was great and the Mai Tais were even better. The rooms were average and the A/C didnt feel like it ever cooled the room down. It was 106 that weekend, but it should have been able to cool the room down better. My wife couldnt get comfortable in the bed and had trouble sleeping the two nights we were there. The sheets werent the most comfortable sheets. There was a lot of construction going on, but it never really interrupted our stay. The adult pool water was a bit warm and a little too quiet for our liking so we headed over to the bigger, and much cooler pool. We found an umbrella and a couple open chairs and were happy. The grounds are very nice and clean, too. There was a sewer smell in the area but when we got back to the LA area, people were reporting that smell out here too. I thought it was the hotel until I saw reports on the news. Some thought it was the Salton Sea thats not too far from Indian Wells. Theres a lot to do in the area as far as shopping and dining if you want to get out from the resort. We probably wont stay here again mainly because of the A/C and bedding issue.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor have a small outdoor seating area just outside your room. Second floor room...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
sterling, alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My sister and I were in Plam Springs for only a few days. We had stayed at another resort and were NOT pleased at all, or second night we stayed at the Miramonte and were completely satisfied. This place was beautiful, from the rooms to the spa to the service. Rooms were clean, comfortable and up to date. The spa was elegant and priced much lower the several other resorts with better service option and the staff at the resort were always polite and seemed truly sincere with our requests.
The Miramonte is a little bit out of town but well worth the drive!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Wells
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Miramonte Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!