“Pool side”

Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed for one night. Spent most of our time by the pool. The service was great (provided by Tony). I love the view of the mountains, very romantic. The grounds are kept nicely. Bed was comfortable. Only complaint, woke up at 230 am with no air conditioning. We were offered another room but it began working again.

• Stayed: September 2012
There are newer reviews for Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We highly recommended to stay in Miramonte hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the pool was fantastic. The hotel wasn,t crowded as is in usual is hollyday time The staff were freindly and helpful We had a geat time and defenatly stay another time.

Room Tip: rooms close to the adults pool
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pavel A
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Absolutely beautiful resort. Very relaxing. Our room was in the Piedmont wing overlooking the pool and we enjoyed breakfast on the veranda. Also, its nice to have an adult pool separate from the pool that allows children. It's cool to have the option to rent a cabana at the pool as well!

Room Tip: Piedmont wing, overlooking pool. Room 1212 is fantastic!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robovin
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at the Miramonte Resort over the Labor Day weekend. We got there before our room was ready so we ate lunch in the restaurant. The food was great and the Mai Tais were even better. The rooms were average and the A/C didnt feel like it ever cooled the room down. It was 106 that weekend, but it should have been able to cool the room down better. My wife couldnt get comfortable in the bed and had trouble sleeping the two nights we were there. The sheets werent the most comfortable sheets. There was a lot of construction going on, but it never really interrupted our stay. The adult pool water was a bit warm and a little too quiet for our liking so we headed over to the bigger, and much cooler pool. We found an umbrella and a couple open chairs and were happy. The grounds are very nice and clean, too. There was a sewer smell in the area but when we got back to the LA area, people were reporting that smell out here too. I thought it was the hotel until I saw reports on the news. Some thought it was the Salton Sea thats not too far from Indian Wells. Theres a lot to do in the area as far as shopping and dining if you want to get out from the resort. We probably wont stay here again mainly because of the A/C and bedding issue.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor have a small outdoor seating area just outside your room. Second floor room...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My sister and I were in Plam Springs for only a few days. We had stayed at another resort and were NOT pleased at all, or second night we stayed at the Miramonte and were completely satisfied. This place was beautiful, from the rooms to the spa to the service. Rooms were clean, comfortable and up to date. The spa was elegant and priced much lower the several other resorts with better service option and the staff at the resort were always polite and seemed truly sincere with our requests.
The Miramonte is a little bit out of town but well worth the drive!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My Golf buddies booked a group rate for our yearly gold outing. Great service and Staff. THe rooms are being remodeled. Looking forward to the next visit. My bed was turned downed every night and they provided chocolate covered strawberries on top of a green leaf. Superb Presentation!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2012

While I enjoyed my stay the first time around, this time the Miramonte didn't deliver! I am a Big Sister from the Big Brother/Big Sister organization and treated my little sister to a Palm Springs weekend. So it was kind of a big deal for me as it was her first time to Palm Springs and I wanted her to experience the nice feeling of staying at a pool resort like this one, or so I thought. Through Expedia, I booked a 2 queen bed Luxury room and got an old, falling apart room (toilet handle not going back up after each flush, unless you move it up yourself, half broken bathroom door handle, very dingy smell throughout the entire hallway of building 12, overall dingy looking room and unusable patio because of the smell). It appeared that the resort is being renovated and big sections of the back parking lot were used to store huge pods, which made parking difficult. The worst part was the sewer smell outside and around Building 12 that attacked our senses each time going in or going out. Not something you want when you are on a weekend vacation or any day for that matter. On top of these issues, the staff was not really helpful. Upon arrival, we asked where the room was located on the map to the building, so that we could park close by as the outside temperature was 106, they sent us to the wrong side of the building and we had to walk to the other side. A bit disappointing that the staff doesn't know where each room is located in each building! The next day, we left very early and only came back at 3:30pm to discover our room hadn't been cleaned yet (and yes, we made sure NOT to leave the "Do Not Disturb" sign of course, and it's unfortunate that the hotel doesn't provide a "Please clean the room sign" as I wish I could have placed it on our door handle to ensure the room would be cleaned. We had to call Housekeeping ourselves at 4pm as not housekeeper was to be seen on our floor. When I asked how come the room wasn't done at this time of the day, they had no reason whatsoever and sent us someone 20 minutes later, who pretended not to speak English so that she didn't have to answer my question to her regarding the lack of service. Unfortunately for her, we also speak Spanish and noticed that she did totally understood us as she slipped and answered in English as she was leaving the room. Also, upon arrival, we noticed the mini bar was totally empty and when we call to ask if that was a mistake (we didn't want to be charged for beverages we didn't consume), I referred to the mini bar as the "mini fridge" and was immediately corrected by the front desk that it was not a mini fridge but a mini bar. Huh? Well thanks for the English lesson... I guess...? Lastly, the pool area was still busy, unfortunately the service didn't appear to be existent. And a lot of earlier guests seemed to have left the area, towels were laying down a bit everywhere and it didn't appear there was enough staff to clean the grounds up a bit. We decided to skip it altogether as it was not an inviting scene. At the end of the day, my little sister still enjoyed her visit to Palm Springs thanks to the activities we were able to conduct outside of the hotel such as hiking on top of the San Jacinto mountain, but this was probably the last time I used the Miramonte for lodging. Is it because I booked this "deal" through Expedia that I got this result? (I paid $129 plus tax per night and the Miramonte charges you another $25 per night for resort fee and either $15 for valet or $8 self parking per night once you check in) I wonder.... Yes, as the old adage goes, it was too good to be true!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa

Been to Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!