While I enjoyed my stay the first time around, this time the Miramonte didn't deliver! I am a Big Sister from the Big Brother/Big Sister organization and treated my little sister to a Palm Springs weekend. So it was kind of a big deal for me as it was her first time to Palm Springs and I wanted her to experience the nice feeling of staying at a pool resort like this one, or so I thought. Through Expedia, I booked a 2 queen bed Luxury room and got an old, falling apart room (toilet handle not going back up after each flush, unless you move it up yourself, half broken bathroom door handle, very dingy smell throughout the entire hallway of building 12, overall dingy looking room and unusable patio because of the smell). It appeared that the resort is being renovated and big sections of the back parking lot were used to store huge pods, which made parking difficult. The worst part was the sewer smell outside and around Building 12 that attacked our senses each time going in or going out. Not something you want when you are on a weekend vacation or any day for that matter. On top of these issues, the staff was not really helpful. Upon arrival, we asked where the room was located on the map to the building, so that we could park close by as the outside temperature was 106, they sent us to the wrong side of the building and we had to walk to the other side. A bit disappointing that the staff doesn't know where each room is located in each building! The next day, we left very early and only came back at 3:30pm to discover our room hadn't been cleaned yet (and yes, we made sure NOT to leave the "Do Not Disturb" sign of course, and it's unfortunate that the hotel doesn't provide a "Please clean the room sign" as I wish I could have placed it on our door handle to ensure the room would be cleaned. We had to call Housekeeping ourselves at 4pm as not housekeeper was to be seen on our floor. When I asked how come the room wasn't done at this time of the day, they had no reason whatsoever and sent us someone 20 minutes later, who pretended not to speak English so that she didn't have to answer my question to her regarding the lack of service. Unfortunately for her, we also speak Spanish and noticed that she did totally understood us as she slipped and answered in English as she was leaving the room. Also, upon arrival, we noticed the mini bar was totally empty and when we call to ask if that was a mistake (we didn't want to be charged for beverages we didn't consume), I referred to the mini bar as the "mini fridge" and was immediately corrected by the front desk that it was not a mini fridge but a mini bar. Huh? Well thanks for the English lesson... I guess...? Lastly, the pool area was still busy, unfortunately the service didn't appear to be existent. And a lot of earlier guests seemed to have left the area, towels were laying down a bit everywhere and it didn't appear there was enough staff to clean the grounds up a bit. We decided to skip it altogether as it was not an inviting scene. At the end of the day, my little sister still enjoyed her visit to Palm Springs thanks to the activities we were able to conduct outside of the hotel such as hiking on top of the San Jacinto mountain, but this was probably the last time I used the Miramonte for lodging. Is it because I booked this "deal" through Expedia that I got this result? (I paid $129 plus tax per night and the Miramonte charges you another $25 per night for resort fee and either $15 for valet or $8 self parking per night once you check in) I wonder.... Yes, as the old adage goes, it was too good to be true!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Indian Wells, 15 miles from Palm Springs, the Miramonte Resort & Spa features relaxing dining options, a world-class day spa and nearby championship golf courses. The resort also features three swimming pools, a fitness center and a host of convenient amenities to put you at ease. The hotel joined the Curio Collection by Hilton in December 2016 and participates in the Hilton HHonors program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miramonte Resort And Spa
- Miramonte Hotel Indian Wells
- Miramonte Resort Indian Wells