“Disappointed”

Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 4, 2008

This is not a resort. A few folks posted that it's a high class motel or a 4 star motel and those observations are true. The layout is disorganized and you're led to a parking lot. The entrance is not very grand. This is not a resort more like a beefed up courtyard marriott. i planned to visit the spa, but cancelled b/c my friend who had her treatment said the spa is small and coed. This was disappointing. The redeeming factor is that the rooms are new and that the location is central to some of the activities.

Stayed: December 2007
3  Thank abitofsun
There are newer reviews for Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Reviewed December 31, 2007

I had read the good reviews and was somehow expecting a bit more than I found. The grounds were very nice but I felt the outside of the buildings needed some sprucing up. The stucco around our door was dirty, our balcony's stucco was dirty and stained. The room itself was very nicely furnished and the bedding, upholstered chairs, things like that were really nice. The vent above our bathroom sink looked like it had a gray fur sweater stuffed up there. Our clock was not working, room safe did not work. On the other hand, staff was very friendly, courteous and helpful. The beds were VERY soft, if you like that sort of thing. And worst of all..........cheap toilet paper!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank Morts
Reviewed December 19, 2007

We chose the Miramonte after staying at the Esmerelda during our last visit. We really enjoyed the privacy of our casita and the beautiful grounds of the hotel. The Miramonte is a better choice for adults travelling without children and those who seek some peace and quiet.

The room was good sized and extremely comfortable. Water pressure was excellent and and the bed was terrific. The workout room was more than adequate and the pools were lovely. The concierge made arrangements for court time at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden which was quite an experience.

We ate at the pool a couple of days and lunch was delicious. There was a minor error in the bill upon checkout but the staff was quick to remedy that. We'll stay here again on our next trip!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greataunt
Reviewed December 12, 2007

Our Stay can only be descirbed in one word "Magical". Everyone was so wonderful and the service was great. The rooms where spacious and very clean. The view of the Mountians was beautiful. We will always make this our special place to go each year.

Happy in LA

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank trupti P
Reviewed November 7, 2007

Booked on Hotwire for $173/night.

Pleasant grounds, "mediterranean style" means, apparently, no elevator for 2nd floor rooms. Rooms are average size, appointments are above-average. Outstanding toiletries.

Staff are pleasant, helpful.

Some nits to pick:
* internet access was interrupted / unavailable for a period -- unacceptable in a hotel of this class. They need to improve the service (I will spare details, but if 'net access is important to you, I would recommend staying elsewhere)
* staffing levels in kitchen / food area are low. Supernice guys (willing to do a special order for room service), but they are overworked and need help.

I am assuming that I got a "deal" on hotwire, esp. given the location and quality of the landscaping (high). For this price, ALL details should be perfect - substandard internet access is just this side of not having the telephone work. Tsk.

Staff are first-rate, grounds very pretty, nice setting.

Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank Danhedonia
Reviewed September 27, 2007

My husband and I stayed here in September on a Fri/Sat for our first anniversary. We wanted a calm, relaxing trip to unwind and celebrate. We chose The Miramonte because I love Indian Wells and I wanted to try the The Well Spa.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by the valet when we pulled up to the front. Our intention was for me to wait in the car while my husband checked in, but the valet attendant seemed nervous that we might block traffic or that our car would have to be moved even though we were out of the way and it seemed like a loading zone. We opted to get out and gave him the keys. Check in was smooth, we were offered a key to the mini bar in our room which we declined. The lobby was pleasant, the staff we met was very friendly. We drove around the property to where our room was located. Parking wasn't impossible, but we had to park a fair distance from our room a couple of times during peak hours. The location of the hotel is very conveinent to other areas such as La Quinta and Palm Springs.

We had the most basic, standard room. It boasted a very comfortable bed and a fairly spacious "living" area with a couch, table/desk, etc. While it was clean, I noticed that there was some grime on the wall and switchplates, and the garbage under the vanity sink hadn't been emptied. It wasn't a big deal, but given the price, I thought it should be a tad more pristine. At 7 months pregnant, I couldn't take advantage of a big whirlpool bathtub if I wanted to, but if I could, the room didn't have one. It had the typical Holiday Inn type of bath/shower, which I thought was very small, but the water pressure and the temp was GREAT. The bathroom itself was small but adequate, and there is a separate vanity outside the bathroom that I appreciated for doing make-up, etc. We had a sliding glass door and a view of the pool/jacuzzi, but no balcony on which to sit.

The grounds were very beautiful and very well maintained. Tons of pretty flowers, fountains, benches and green grass. We really enjoyed strolling around the property. We're early risers, and when we returned from breakfast at about 8:30 am, the yard crew was already at work with very loud clipper machines and were shouting back and forth over the noise. I'm sure that wasn't pleasant for those staying in nearby rooms.

We ate at the restaurant once. It was good, and the desserts were divine. There was a jazz guitar player providing entertainment.

The Well Spa was wonderful. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The entire set-up was very professional and comfortable. We checked in, and the process of paying for services was very simple. We were given a very nice tour of the facility and all of the amenities were explained. The women's locker room was very nice and well maintained. I especially appreciated the ice cold washcloths and generously sized towels. There are two shower stalls and a steam room. It was definately busy at the spa, but it wasn't overly crowded. The lounge area where guests wait to be lead away by their aesthetitian was very pleasant with nice, comfy chaises to lay on, but they filled up quickly and some people had to stand. My massage session was awesome-- the therapist was super nice and professional. My husband's cabana was located closer to the main pool and he said it was very noisy. Guests have use of the pool facility within the spa compound, one is heated, the other is not. There is very limited seating/lounging, and I noticed quite a few people turning away when they realized there were no vacant spots to sit and were pretty annoyed. Food service was available if you wanted to have lunch by the pool.

The general pool area is nice... big pool, lots of seating, plenty of towels that are replenished regularly. It does get crowded mid-day. We did not hang out there because my husband did not like the noise level of the steel-drum band (the music was good, it was just really loud). We grabbed a tropical cocktail ($8) and a fruit smoothie ($6) and hung out elsewhere.

I had a great time here... I don't know that I will rush back as a hotel guest, but I will definately return to The Well Spa.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank TeacherTina
Reviewed September 23, 2007

Nice hotel, very pleasant. The bed was plush and comfortable. Everything was clean and tidy. The concierge called in advance to ask if I needed anything, which was a lovely surprise: I've rarely had that happen. It was easy to find and not far from the shopping in Indian Wells. The first five minutes on the business internet was free, and that was all I needed, so that was a plus. The food was very good: I was quite happy with it. I never had a bad meal there. My only complaint was that the layout of the grounds was very confusing. It was hard to figure out how to get from my room to the main lodge: I never really figured it out, even though I examined a map more than once. It would be helpful to have more signs.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa

Been to Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!