“Fun Place Where the Waiters & Waitresses Sing”
Review of Cafe Italia

Cafe Italia
Ranked #7 of 24 Restaurants in Indian Wells
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2012

It is a very small place in the corner where the Ralph's grocery store is located but don't let that stop you from going. The food is great and the waiters and waitresses are very good entertainers.

1  Thank carytripper

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My cousins treated me to my birthday dinner at their favorite restaurant they visit when vacationing in that area. The restaurant was adorable. Very charming with excellent service. We were happy that they were open on a Monday as many are not. The food was basic Italian and very fresh and tasty. Generous portions, so we had left-overs to take home. The surprise was the singing waiters who made us feel special. Two adorable men who sang beautifully to the guest throughout our meal. Felt like I was watching "Glee" or "The Voice" as they were that professional. I had one of the nicest birthday celebrations with my family and the waiters. This was a different dining experience which I truly enjoyed.

1  Thank GailySanDiego
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We have eatten here perhaps 15 times, but hadn't done so in about a year. Well, between the prices having increased and the quality of the food having gotten worse we'll not be going back. The service was as we have come to expect quite good. The singing is still quite enjoyable, but not with the same level of voices we remember . Of course having gone in September when it was still in the 100s every day may mean the better wait staff is not yet back for the "season." Bottom line - the soap was OK, salad very nice, but the entrees left a lot tobe desired. My Osso Bucco was not the quality of the meat or sauce I remember - and it was at one time one of the best items on the menu. Another issue, they have a summer early bird menu, but the server, who seated us, never mentioned it. In fact one table near us had to ask several times for it. Not professional. The wine list, at least as I remember it, is not as good and most of the moderately prices wines are gone. So as I said, we'll not be going back. Had it not been for the service, singing, soup and salad this would have been an even lower rating.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Our trip to Cafe Italia was marred by a large round table ot drunken diners who disturbed the entire restaurant. Initially we were seated at a booth next to the LOUD drunks but asked to be moved and were lucky that another table was available. Two other couples that came in after us walked out because of the obnoxious table. I guess if you have a restaurant you can't really tell the offenders to leave. We found the food to be good but thought it was a bit over-priced. It was difficult for us to relax and enjoy our meal because of the offensive table whose voices carried throughout this small restaurant. Our waitress was lovely, charming and had a beautiful singing voice.

2  Thank bczican
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Nice little Italian restaurant in a strip mall. We just happened by and were quite surprised when our waiter sang a ballad. He was a young kid with a great voice, probably could do well on American Idol or The Voice! The food was pretty good, especially the bruschetta. The service was great and our drinks were filled before they were empty. The atmosphere was decent, not a fancy place but not dumpy. Sitting outside in the evening was fairly comfortable but the automatic doors and blower fans at the grocery store next door were a bit annoying as people came and went. Not a big deal though. My wife thought it was romantic and quaint.

1  Thank travelinfool50