“Relaxation at best!”

Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Wow what a place to escape to! We stayed here for 4 nights enjoying the lush landscaping, super friendly staff, and absolutely the biggest and best salt water pool with waterfall and mini sand beach. Kids were totally entertained with beach and Nickelodeon programs every day. This is a family resort, but because of the vastness of the pool area..room for adults only to snooze and sunbathe without bother. Loads of umbrellas for all, pool bar service outstanding.
Location from shopping and restaurants perfect..5-10 minute drive. Very large property, so cannot walk to eateries off the reort. Good food on location, but pricey. Be sure to try out Jackelope Ranch (10 minute drive on same highway111) for the ultimate in southwestern decor and great chicken wings to die for! Pulled pork sandwich with prickly pear BBQ sauce a close runner up to the best ever in the west!!
Our king size room was located on the 5th floor facing the pool with an oversized patio. So quite and bed was so comfy. Decor was bright and updated, large flat screen tv and terrific enormous bathroom. Ask for room in main tower facing pool to get the bigger patio. Others are for two chairs only. Great holiday all around..too hot to golf, but grounds were kept to perfection.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 27, 2010

They cancelled my reservation for no reason After they took 400.00 out of my account. They said I cancelled my own reservation after I paid for it.Than has to be some kind of fraud the hotel can't take it upon themselves to cancel a reservation. I'm not the only one this has happened to. Save your money! i reported them to the Better Business Bureau.

Reviewed July 15, 2010

My family and I stayed Renaissance Esmeralda in early July. We contemplated staying at another hotel that appears to cater to families. We were very surprised at the offering -- particularly for kids. Although the hotel's website mentions the Nickelodeon events, the website does not fully explain all of the offerings, as well as the kid friendly pools. All in all, a good family choice.

1  Thank runninglate08
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We have gone here every year to celebrate our anniversary. We usually go in May or early June and are very pleased. This year we went in mid July and should have just stayed at the Disney hotel. Kids everywhere, the pool is so croweded people are waiting for your spot. When I spilled my $10 nacho's (I had not had anything to drink) I was given a really hard time. Half hour later he brought my chips ( NO salsa, no cheese no guac) It was a joke. The restuarant took my whole plate before I had a bite when I got up to get a extra plate and didn't apologize.
The rooms have gone downhill since last year. The hotel needs to go under a huge renovation and should be noted this is a kids hotel with dora and spongebob running around with hundreds of kids. (I Have three kids, I love kids but this was crazy) We spend over a thousand dollars for the WEEKEND every year and this year we were treated like second class citizens. I refuse to spend my money here again even if I brought the kids.
OH and they shut their famous restaurant down while the "owners" are t"raveling". It's a lie, The husband wife team no longer run it and it's a overpriced joke with horrible food. It's such a shame, I had the best meal of my whole life their last year!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank krisandfunfamof5
Reviewed July 9, 2010

The rooms are nice, the beds are comfy, great bedding. The welcome at the front desk was very friendly. Other than that I will never stay here again or recommend this hotel. It is so loud everywhere: huge waterfalls, loud A/C and at the pool there is disco volume music, entertainment with different music than the blaring one for the kids, children screaming in every pool. There is not a place you can relax. The other thing I have issue with is the lack of cleanliness: an inch of dust behind the bed, just where your head is, not ideal for dust allergies. Bugs running around in the showers at the gym. Nothing to clean the gym equipment with. Worst yet the really not motivated staff. Some are really nice, others seem bored and bothered. The staff at the gym seems the cheapest you can get around here, one can hardly understand what they are saying. I really did not feel that I am staying at a luxury resort. So disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Just got back from staying here over the July 4th weekend and I am just now getting out of bed after being hit with a horrible case of food poisoning. Now my husband has it and we traveled there with my brother and his wife and just found out now my sister n law has it. I woke up Monday morning at 6am feeling really sick and horrible abdominal cramping having to vomit in which I did for 24 hours straight...not having nothing to let out but still having to do so was not a good feeling. Other symptoms we had were chills, fever, diarrhea, severe headache, weakness and dehydration.

We stay at this resort all of the time and do so every 4th of July so with that said we enjoy the resort however they do need to make sure the food, pool and drinking water is safe. I also noticed there menu has changed and the only foods our families ate that were the same (we never ate anywhere else) was Cava and the Taco table. So I am just curious if anyone else who was a guest that weekend got sick.

I called the hotel this evening and left a message for the Manager and I just hope there was not an outbreak. I may reconsider our trip for next year...

Reviewed July 5, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for the fourth of July. It was a very busy weekend with the hotel being sold out. The staff was amazing. They were always courteous, quick to respond to needs and requests, very, very professional. The staff worked hard!!! The pool was teaming with guests and the servers and staff at the pool never missed a beat. I have never been to a hotel that was run so professionally and a very kind staff. Fire works were right outside the hotel. No driving and fighting traffic or crownds! Easy and a wonderful show. Many thanks for a great fourth of July!!! Would love to stay here again!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Wells
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!