“Loved It!!!!”

Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Reviewed July 19, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Renaissance for 5 nights 7-7-7-12-05. The hotel was great. The room size was nice the bathrooms were large. The staff at the hotel went out of there way to make sure we were happy. We had a mountain view room that was beautiful. The pool area was large with 3 seperate sections to swim and 2 whirlpools. The gift shop was very large and had very nice things. The truffles in the coffee shop were excellent. The workout room had nice equipment. They have a lounge that had live music nightly. At the pool area they showed movies at night for the kids. Room service and the resturant was good. We got a great deal for $481 per person round trip and 5 nights at this excellent resort hotel through Sams Club Travel. We will be back!!! The hotel is right off the main street in Palm Springs.

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank cjt
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa

La Puente, CA
Reviewed July 11, 2005

We were at the hotel from July 8-11, 2005. We wanted to get away for just a few days and do nothing, but relax and lay out by the pool. We are a family of 5. As soon as we entered the hotel grounds, we knew that we would have a great mini vacation. I booked a deluxe/2Q bed with balcony. Got the first 2 nights for $114.00 plus tax and 3rd night for $89.00 with AAA rate. This hotel is beautiful. Everyone is so friendly. Our room was an average size room. We had room 6019 and noticed that the rooms 6017-6020 had an oversized balcony. Meaning that there was a table with 5 chairs and plenty of room left. We were on the 6th floor and had a very nice view of the main entrance and view of the mountains. There are 7 floors. All floors on our same side had the oversized balconies. All other floors, even pool view balconies were very small were you can only, maybe fit a couple of chairs. Our main conern was the pool. Our 3 kids enjoyed the pool for hours. The pool is very beautiful. It is only 3 - 4 feet deep. There were a lot of families. Friday and Saturday were very crowded. The hotel has 2 restaurants. Charisma they have a little of everything. A little expensive, but very delicious. On Friday they had seafood buffet for dinner for about $22. On Saturday we went to Palm Desert to the California Pizza Kitchen. We also had the breakfast buffet at Charisma which is very delicious and is about $12. We ate there on Sunday for dinner they had an early bird dinner special for $10.95 which you can pick from 3 entrees. They also had an Italian restaurant called Sicorro. We did not try it. There was a mini fridge in the room. They also have 2 robes and a variety of toiletries. 2 sinks and a coffee maker which are added bonus'. They also had a Spa. I did not try it out this time. You know that something always goes wrong, but I can't believe that we had no complaints whatsoever. Everything was perfect. This resort was top notch! I can honestly say that since we do travel quite a bit. Hawaii, Florida, Cancun and locally. This will be our weekend getaway from now on! Email me if you have any questions. I will be more than happy to answer whatever I can.

• Stayed: July 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2005

The was my second stay at the Esmeralda. Grabbed an awesome AAA rate of $84/night. (June Heat might have something to do with the rate --but I was going there to golf and relax in the desert sun). Staff is friendly and helpful. I am a Marriott Rewards memeber and received an upgrade to a poolview room. The view of the mountains is spectacular. Concierge was very helpful for golf recommendations and giving good directions. Rooms are tastefully decorated and the bathrooms are large. I Dined at the restaurants twice during my stay. The meals were good value -portions were ample and the food was good. The pool was great -lots of kids but you have to expect that in June at most hotels. Whenever I return to the area -the Esmeralda is first on my list. Thanks again for a great stay

• Stayed: June 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 12, 2005

I stayed at this hotel for a work conference May 31 - June 4, 2005. First, I'll mention the good. Most of the staff were extremely friendly - almost to the point of being a little strange. I mostly ate food catered for my conference by the hotel, but it was pretty tasty. The room decor was fresh and updated, the bathroom was big and the bed was very comfortable.

Now, onto the not so good. As I travel frequently, I am a Marriott rewards member and upon check-in was told that because of my Marriott status I was being upgraded to a pool-view room. I thought this sounded suspicious (why is looking at a pool an upgrade?) but just smiled and took my key. Well, I can't imagine any room in the hotel with a worse view - the hotel is sort of C-shaped and my room was one of the inside corner rooms. From 90% of my room, including anywhere on the bed, all you could see was the hotel building itself. When you could see the pool, what you saw directly behind the pool was the main highway through Palm Springs/Desert area. As they were hosting a large conference, they said they were unable to give me another room. My recommendation would be to request a view of the golf course - which would be on the long side of the "C" and not obstructed by building or highway. My other complaint is with housekeeping - they did not come until 3 or 4 each day, usually when I was returning to shower and dress for dinner. They seemed very annoyed when I asked them to "come back later" despite the fact that they could have cleaned my room anytime in the previous 7 hours! My last major complaint is that the single elevator at my end of the resort (also the same end as the conference) went out of service the day I arrived and was not repaired until I left. When it was there, it was very convenient, but without it I had to walk several minutes to the main elevators, and then once downstairs had to walk back the length of the resort to the conference. This sounds minor, but it is a huge pain if you forget something in your room or want to brush your teeth after lunch or something.

I got the $149 conference rate, which my work paid, so I had a pretty decent time overall, but the resort has more potential that it could live up to.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business
7  Thank DukeDevil
Reviewed June 5, 2005

I visited the Renaissance as part of a family trip. I was amazed to see that the hotel was soo big! Our rooms was very nicely decorated and our bathroom was average for this type of resrot. We also had an adjoining room which was nice and I really liked that option. The pool was packed ruing the day and we always found a little spot. We did swim at night which was fun and the pool was dead. We ventured into the resturaunts which were very tasty and played golf at the golf course. I enjoyed my time there and the service was friendly and fast. All in all, it was a very relaxing and enjoyable vacation.

• Stayed: August 2004
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 18, 2005

My wife and I stayed at the Renaissance Esmeralda from 5/6-5/9. First the good news: the food and service at the restaurants and lounge is excellent; the spa is wonderful.
Now the not so good news: most of the rooms, including the corner room we stayed in, face Highway 111 which is very busy and very noisy. We had to keep the air conditioning on at night, which would have been fine, except that the unit is so noisy that it was little better than keeping the window open. The room itself was large and furnished in a comfortable if somewhat drab style.
Despite what the web site said, there was no mini-bar (they are redoing their mini-bars or something like that); a refrigerator was brought up at our request.
Also, NO in-room movies were available Friday night; the excuse being that the hotel was fully booked and all the movies were being watched. I got several different stories when I complained; the bottom line being that the system is inadequate.
The fitness center is fair; half of the TV's did not work properly and were not fixed despite my complaint. The equipment is good but not state of the art.
The pool is great for kids and families but not for adults, especially if you really like to swim rather than play.
Overall, I would stay somewhere else and go back to the spa and the restaurants at the Esmeralda.

• Stayed: May 2005

JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!