Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa(Indian Wells)(Great Value!)
$128
$79
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa(Indian Wells)(Great Value!)
$159
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$90
$106
$95
$83
The Inn at Deep Canyon(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$68
International Hotel & Suites(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$59
Shadow Mountain Resort and Club(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$88
$86
Hotels.com
Mojave Resort(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$85
TripAdvisor
1,272 results
All reviewssandy beachcorner roomcava restaurantsushi barpool areagolf coursepalm springslarge hotellobby bargreat for kidsself parkingspring breakresort spaplenty of lounge chairsmid weekbusiness conferencehotel is beautiful
Reviewed June 17, 2014

If there was a way to grade this as good instead of very good, that's how I'd rank this stay. (We stayed the previous night at a courtyard and that's a three star average rating and this was more of a good rating.) We came here for Father's Day weekend. The property has been kept up over the years and they continue to redecorate the lounge areas and guest rooms. But it's such a large property that service and small details are overlooked.

As it was a holiday weekend, the pool was very crowded. There wasn't a lack of lounge chairs and staff was good about bringing out umbrellas for shade. But throughout the day there were wet towels thrown around and not picked up by staff, public bathrooms were dirty and I even came upon a dirty mop left there by housekeeping, and it was difficult flagging down staff to get food and drinks. We brought a drink down from our room and were prompted quickly by security staff that we couldn't bring in our own beverages. I understand the hotel wants to make money off of drinks, but if you are going to constantly have to wait for a server to get a drink for you, then outside drinks should be permitted. And if they are going to be harsh about drinks, then they should also be strict about guests bringing pets into the pool. We saw one guest in the pool with their dog. Since when are dogs allowed in resort pools?

In terms of food, we only ate at the pool bar. It's what you would expect - sandwiches, salads, fried appetizers, etc. On the menu they offer baked chips or fries. I opted for the healthier chips but was given kettle chips instead. I asked the server about this and he said they don't have baked chips so hopefully the restaurant will update their menu with accurate information.

The views from the property are beautiful - mountains and palm trees are gorgeous. Come for the scenery, updated decor and spacious lobby but if the hotel offered special touches and more personalized service, it would earn its four star "very good" rating.

Room Tip: The pool is beautiful - ask for a view if you like that sort of thing. Otherwise a resort view gives you a parking lot and golf course view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jessica B
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is an amazing stay! We were there over Memorial Day. It's our second year in a row over the same holiday and this year was even better than the last! I have two boys, both under eight and with the shallow pool area, they had a blast! We all actually had a great time. The bar and pool service were prompt and efficient. The coffee in the early hours was perfect and the three tacos for $10 later in the day were a deal! They had a movie for kids in the adjacent grass area at sunset. Loved everything and am looking forward to a return visit! Management has this one figured out! If you have young children, this is the place!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Marisol M
RenaissanceEsmeralda, General Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! They mean so much and we so look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed two nights attending a conference, got upgraded to a corner room, which is the largest hotel room I have seen, The staffs are very attentive and friendly, was very quick to respond when I called them to open the in room safe, or to fix patio door. Didn't get chance to experience the pool, looks clean and nice, with ample lounge chairs and umbrellas surrounding it. Gym is on the smaller side given the large scale of this resort. Overall a great experience and definitely will return next time I am back at Palm Spring area.

Room Tip: corner room is super sized, and sunny with windows and patios on both sides
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband and I snagged a last minute deal on Priceline, using their "Name Your Own Price Tool." The resort and its grounds are immaculate and we were upgraded to a larger room and offered a later check-out upon checking in based on Marriott Gold status. Wifi and self-parking are included in the $28 resort fee, which is also sliced in half if you're a Marriott Gold member.

We got to use the pool on two different days with very different experiences. Our first day (Saturday), the pool was at capacity and we arrived closer to 4/5pm. The pool area seemed pretty overrun and not very clean, with drink cups on random tables, piles of towels, and just not what you'd want from a resort. However on Sunday, we had a completely different experience as most folks had checked out. The pool area was very, very clean and the service (by Ruben) was five-stars! The pool menu, while pricey, had great food and very generous portions.

I didn't want to go without mentioning the awesome gym on-site. If you like to work out, make sure you check it out. It's not just two treadmills, but has a full set of weights, lots of different machines, and is very clean. It functions as a full-service gym outside of the resort so I wouldn't miss out on the chance to get a great workout into your stay, especially if you're indulging in delicious food on vacation :).

All in all, we liked that the rooms were spacious, the bathrooms sparkling clean, and an affordable room-service menu. I would absolutely recommend this resort, it offers a great weekend getaway without breaking the bank.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lonestarsky
Reviewed May 31, 2014

It's nice to have a resort like this in such close proximity to where we live in Orange County. My wife and I spent a weekend here for our anniversary and felt very much like we had traveled to a far more exotic destination like Hawaii or Cabo. We booked through priceline and were able to get a room for only $120 a night, so I really can't complain about anything when you consider the going rate was $289 a night. This also means my value rating is through the roof.
We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful but not as well 'trained' in service (saw staff of room service eating a sandwich in the hall between cleaning rooms, not everyone greets you as you pass them, etc.) as some nicer resorts we have stayed at, but we are not really put off by that as much as others might be. When you consider that there was at least one wedding and one trade show occurring while we were there and we really never felt crowded out or anything, I feel like the hotel staff do a great job of making sure everyone is comfortable and the resort is spacious enough to handle such events simultaneously.
Before staying here I looked at some of the comments on here and heard some complaints about the parking. This is a big resort and parking is commensurate with similar properties. This is not a Courtyard or a Hilton Garden Inn. There are touches like manicured grounds, pools, and grand entrances that add to the resort experience which push the parking area further away. If you've stayed at a resort of this size before, you won't be put off by this. I was going to valet the car after reading the reviews until I was told that it was $25 a night. I quickly learned to use the parking garage in the back. Use the lower level at all times so your car is shaded from the desert sun.
There are lots of restaurants very close by making this a great place to get away for the weekend.

Room Tip: Some pool view rooms also look out past the resort and out to the mountains. I wouldn't advise the pool view rooms that look at nothing other than the rooms directly across from them.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple