“Was It Worth It?”

Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I attended a conference at this property. First impression was the appearance of the grounds, which was definitely impressive. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The grounds, hotel room and other facilities was kept up and didn't need any updating.
What will keep us from coming back was the location. A taxi ride from the airport one way was almost $70 for my husband and myself. We ended up getting a rental car. We dined off site in order to save money on the restaurant tab, but the savings was taken by the cost of the rental car.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MargaretBST

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I recently had a great stay at this hotel. Very clean, staff were very accommodating and the spa was nice, but had wished that the skills of the staff providing spa services were better experienced in giving massages and treatments. the food in all three restaurants were very good and the breakfast buffet was fantastic. They even had a fresh fruit juicing station where you could create your own fresh juice each morning. The atmosphere in each dining local was really nice. The views from the room and around the pools were also beautiful. Great area to walk for exercise and easy drive to El Paseo Drive for great shopping and dining.

As for my room reservation-- I found this hotel on-line, and discovered nice pricing for the hotel through www.getaroom.com -- well so I thought! getaroom.com listed the resorts room price for Thursday and Friday stay rate at 279.00 a night which was a good deal for one room with two queen beds and breakfast included, then they charged my credit card 279.00 for the first night and 519.00 for the second night! This was a rate much higher than if I'd booked through the hotel directly. I telephoned the company and requested a refund for the difference and after speaking to a manager I was constantly told that I was not allowed to "Price Match" - I got no where with them and had to file a complaint with my bank for assistance. FYI- Be careful booking Hotels on-line!

Room Tip: Higher floors offer great views and also requesting a room away from the pool gives you mountain vie...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Debbie G
RenaissanceEsmeralda, General Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our resort, amenities and staff. We're sorry to hear that your massage did not meet your expectations and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We're glad you got a chance to get out and explore our area ... so many wonderful things to discover! We hope everything gets rectified with your outside booking agency and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back one day soon!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed at the Renaissance Esmeralda for the Coachella music festival. Our room was comfortable and spacious. The pool is beautiful. Service was excellent. The food at the Cava restaurant was good and the overall atmosphere of the hotel is great. We really enjoyed our stay. I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5 only because I think they should include wifi with the price of the room.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2014

i come here at least one time every summer and our family loves it! the rooms are very nice. they have an excellent pool area and there is an area where younger kids can play in the sand that leads to the pool. they have good pool side service and typical drinks/food that you find at most hotel pool areas. great place to get away and enjoy a weekend full of sun and relaxing by or in the pool

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank simplytiffany
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Our stay prior to our property being stolen from the locked hotel room was wonderful. Great pool area and facilities. Pool food and room service options we also great. We found the hotel restaurant lacking and over priced however without a car you are left with little choice. However once discovering property was missing from the hotel room the whole process has been a complete nightmare and we have been let down that such a renowned hotel chain can let staff get away with taking personal property from customer rooms without any consequence. I can assure you we won't be staying with this chain again, the staff clearly can't be trusted.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 400traveltheworld
RenaissanceEsmeralda, General Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

We appreciate your positive comments about our facility and amenities but are very sorry to hear that there is an issue and we would like to talk with you further in person. If you could please email Kip.Reuman@marriott.com with your contact information we will follow up with you further.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

My mom and I stayed at the Renaissance Esmerelda Resort & Spa in March. The property is very nice and well maintained. The lobby and pool area are beautiful. We ate at Cava a few times during our stay. The food and setting were good, although, service was a bit slow. We also booked a few spa services, which I think is a must do. And if possible, request Carlos.

Room Tip: Try to request a room that's not facing the bar in the lower part of the lobby. During our stay...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank karen v
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were here for 5 nights for a conference. The check-in process was smooth and handled efficiently. While spacious, our king suite with a whirlpool did show some signs of its age and would benefit greatly from refurbishment. The bed was very comfortable and we were able to get some great quality sleep!

One quibble we did have with the room was with the housekeeping. Granted, the suites are large and there is literally a lot of room to clean, but we would've expected more from a resort of this caliber. There were cookie crumbs on the carpet and the counter/ledge between the bed and the whirlpool clearly had numerous stains/rings from whatever glasses had been previously placed there that hadn't been wiped away. The dried up drink and stains came out easily when I wiped them off with a damp tissue but the experience didn't exactly instill us with great confidence that the whirlpool tub was thoroughly clean so we simply passed on that.

We had drinks and snacks in the hotel's Glo Lounge and were a bit unimpressed with the lounge service. It was easy to get a table since we were there at around 4 pm and only a few of the tables were occupied. After about 10 minutes of waiting to be served and observing several servers just standing behind the bar talking amongst themselves my husband got up and called a server over. We'll give credit to the server as he did apologize for our wait but the level of service truly should be better than that. Our business associates also complained about the slow service at the lounge. By contrast, service at CAVA restaurant was great----prompt and friendly service. Be warned that the food and drinks are expensive/overpriced, as one might expect at a resort and spa. I had ordered room service one day and the hotel charged $3 to deliver the food PLUS a 20% gratuity fee on top of that!

The pool itself is a little on the small side but beautiful. The tail end of our trip coincided with the beginning of Coachella so our hotel and the pool filled up very quickly as festival attendees checked in toward the end of the week.

Overall we enjoyed our stay but it would've been that much better if not for the things I'd mentioned above. I'm rating the service as 4 out of 5 because of the great front desk and CAVA service but the service at GLO LOUNGE really only deserved 3 out of 5 for the time that we were there.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor that does not overlook the pool if you want a quieter room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Wells
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!