“Business”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
El Cerrito, California
“Business”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Great service. Excellent staff!! Always friendly, smiling...asking about our stay. The staff is what kicked up my experience...from remembering me, and willing to chat n advise me where to roam, eat at or just relax. Accommodations and view were amazing, but staff did it for me. p.s. eat the sushi at GLO in bar area...perfect!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
RenaissanceEsmeralda, General Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
You made our day! Thank you for your kind words. We are so proud of our team and will share your comments with them. Please come back and see us again one day soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
Houston, TX
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Stayed at the Esmeralda during the Indian Wells Tennis Tournament. Lots of tennis players in hotel. Hotel was very good, with good service and adequate facilities. Convenient to restaurants and golf courses.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The drama free report is:
Staff – very nice and welcoming. Everyone was friendly and asked how they could help.
Facilities are fine to good. Nothing blew me away but there wasn’t anything to complain about either. The fitness room was fine. The pools are pretty, but shallow – I think 4.5 feet at the deepest. Don’t plan on swimming laps. There isn’t much else there – a shop or two.
Food: I only had some conference food and bar food so I can’t really comment on the food. I assume the restaurants serve better food than the conference food.
Room: my room was also fine. Clean, big, had everything you’d expect but nothing more. My room faced the main entrance that could be loud at times but no big deal. I was able to sleep with the balcony door open and hear the water fountain. That was nice. On the flip side, I am glad I didn’t get one of the rooms that faces the inside of the hotel. The conference folks down on the main level get loud. I was one of them - sorry.
I didn’t golf. Looked like a gorgeous course. I didn’t see the tennis courts, I think there are two.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the golf course.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Astoria oregon
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Same as when we stayed here
Years ago. Relaxing pool areas nice enough restaurants, better in areas of close proximity as one gets to know the area and reads the reviews.
Kicker is no refrigerator but a bar that disallows use for personal use.
Anyone say ghetto?
Such a shame to see nice places want to go in competition with motel 6.
This place will never change so
a change of resort will be refreshing.
No more returns.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Journeyman644
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We couldn't find anything suitable in Palm Springs for our weekend away and ended up in the Esmeralda in Indian Wells - we didn't regret it.
Beautiful, holiday style resort. Excellent location and great facilities. We all made use of the really large swimming pool and hot tubs, played tennis and relaxed.
Copious buffet breakfast, great value for money. We paid extra for our spacious and elegant corner rooms overlooking the golf course - excellent. Dined one evening in the Sirocco Italian restaurant and opted for the $65 set menu which was delicious.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This was our first, but hopefully not last trip to the Renaissance. We came to watch a couple of days tennis at the BNP Paribas Open and a few more days relaxing.

We spent a little extra to get a corner room instead of hoping for an upgrade as a Marriott gold since we knew the hotel would be busy. With a couple of kids this was a good choice. Beds were great and room clean. Couple of nitpicks were the small single shower gel that was provided (didn't stretch far between 4) and the AC was loud when it kicked on right next to the bed.

Ate breakfast and dinner at Cava and was very good, to the point we didn't need to venture far the few nights we were there.

Kids enjoyed the pool - it was huge and not very busy.

Finally, last bonus was several of the players were staying at the hotel which excited the kids.

Room Tip: Corner room (7089) had good views of golf course
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We came to palm springs for a family wedding, 45 of us came all the way from London. Half of us went to Vegas first then drove down to Palm Springs. On arrival 3 of us were told we had to go the sister hotel (which was awful) because a previous booking had decided to extend there stay. As an apology we would receive a free nights stay, an upgrade and £150 resort vouchers.

After such a long trip this is the last thing you want to hear, I understand these things happen but they allowed a part to stay longer then they actually booked. The bride was so disappointed and upset that some of her family member were being shipped off elsewhere.

The other hotel, I can't remember the name of as it is going back a while but it certainly wasn't on par with the Renaissance.

Once we checked in at the Renaissance are room was beautiful, as was the pool, service and food. We got room service on a few occasions and I have uploaded some photo's.

Even with he mishap I would recommend and I would go again, we had a lovely stay and were made to feel very welcome.

Room Tip: Must go for Pool view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Wells
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!