“Great Family Resort”

Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Reviewed May 26, 2008

We stayed at this resort over the memorial weekend. We thought the resort was beautiful and our suite was super clean, nicely furnished with big comfy beds.

Our kids loved the pool! The sand is a lot of fun and the resort also provided free childrens activities and nightly movies.

We didn't eat dinner at any of the restaurants at the resort, but we did room service both nights. The food was good and the service was great.

My husband did the Spa and said it was fantastic. Thanks Carlos!

The only down side to this resort is it seemed very busy on this holiday weekend and they seemed a bit short staffed. We ordered lunch around the pool and it took over an hour to get to us, I actually had to track down my food. The bar staff were great except it took about 20 minutes to get a drink, and don't even get me started with the pool chairs. I got up at 6am to reserve my two, but if you left your spot, the staff removed your stuff. Also, anyone who came down past 7ish was not getting a chair around the pool. They did open a grass area and put chairs there, but you're really not close to the pool. I was so glad to get my chairs, but we felt so bad for family after family that came down and just wondered hopelessly searching for anything.

We will return to the resort, but not on a holiday.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank nettelondonUK
Write a ReviewReviews (1,242)

Reviewed May 17, 2008

This place doesn't miss a beat. Our babies loved it, we loved it. We bought the free breakfast deal from Expedia and ordered ANYTHING on the menu for breakfast. I pigged out. Beds comfy and nice sheets, clean, bright and smells fresh.
Will definitely be back.
Loved it, did I say that?

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2008

A perfect place to getaway. It is located approx 1.5 to 2 hours from Orange County and has exceeded our expectations over the years. The beds are always comfortable and the room always clean! My only caution is the crowds during the summer months!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2008

A fantastic place! We are from nearby OC (about a 1.5 hr drive) and were looking for a sunny, warm place that was kid friendly. We found exactly that in this hotel. You feel relaxed just by entering the lobby. The grounds are nice by day and sensual by night. Im a night person so I really enjoyed that the place had a pulse at night. I wouldnt say it is crazy wild but thats not what I was looking for. If you are, I would suggest going to the JW marriot - costas.
The good: Our golf view room was very clean and modern. The bathroom was spacious and clean. The a/c worked very well and was not super loud. I heard that the golf view is the best as you dont have the noise of the highway, lobby, or pool if you want some quiet. The pool was excellent - we laid out while our 2 year old boy played - safely on the sandy beach with hotel provided toys. Cava had tasty food and great service. The sushi bar had some great sashimi and sushi and the chef was very friendly. The hotel is close to everything. The bad: It is pricey. If there is a conference, it can get super crowded so I would try to avoid at these times.

2  Thank hfmstretch
Reviewed April 24, 2008

Room was spacious and nicely decorated. Food at the Cafe was great. Definitely try the lime green tea! Very refreshing and a great pool drink. Pool is rather small since it seems like everyone was hanging out there during the day.

Minutes from tons of restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed April 20, 2008

Great place to stay. Very family friendly.

When we first arrived, I was concerned as there was a convention going on and the people there seemed to be "taking over" some of the hotel grounds. They did have their own events but it did not affect our experience at all. We still felt very well looked after.

We asked for a golf course view as we had read previous reviews about noise from rooms overlooking the pool. Our view was outstanding, mountains in the background.

The food is outstanding in the hotel restaurant, sitting out on the patio enjoying the evening sunshine. It is not overpriced and the buffet breakfast is worth the $22 each.

Nice touch by the pool is the free glasses of ice cold water whenever you want plus supersoft towels.

My son went to the kids club for two mornings and loved it.

He is already asking when we are going back

3  Thank Adamsx3
Reviewed April 19, 2008

This hotel is anything but 4 stars and relaxing. The hotel is marketed as a relaxing family resort with updated rooms. Our experience included stained carpets, dirty bathrooms, blaring music till midnight due to outdoor parties. The pool area was not restricted to guests and local neighbors who wanted to buy drinks and use the pool. Having stayed at other properties in Indian Wells and Palm Springs, I would say that this is an awful representation of a resort hotel.

1  Thank WellTravelled134
3 mi away
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!