“Conference at the Renaissance Esmeralda”

Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I attended a conference at the resort recently. I checked in on 2/10 and out on 2/13. My first room didn't have a door on the safe in the closet. I asked for another which they accomodated immediately and ended up with a view of the golf course. What a great view! The staff service at the social events for the conference was outstanding. The pool area is great. They have gas firepits that burn in the evening and lots of good seating if you wish to sit outside. I ordered room service twice. Both times it was fast and hot. I didn't use the spa or open any of the drawers so was not offended by seeing a book of morman. It's my third time there and I think the service for the social events was the best ever. For my purpose, it was perfect.

Room Tip: Resort view rooms are best.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Roger K

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We used hotel as a base for hiking in the desert (mostly Joshua Tree). Staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. Location is a bit far from Joshua Tree, but there's not much as nicer closer to the park. Hotel is large with a nice pool and family friendly cafe open 'til 10pm. Bathroom is large with good shower pressure. Great place to stay with kids.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pba1
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Attended a work function with my husband and wanted so much to love this property, as it is a beautiful setting and has so much potential. If only the staff there wanted it to be as good as it could be.... from check in, to housekeeping, to waitstaff... everyone we encountered, aside from one server in the bar (and I am sorry I forgot his name)... had a bad attitude. People, if you don't like your job, then find another one. The feeling that you were bothering the staff whenever interacting with them was very unpleasant. Every day there was something in the room that was not cleaned or replenished... bathroom floor was dirty, floor not vacuumed, no robe, not all towels were replaced, no shampoo or lotion or soap, etc. My hope is that things will improve to make this the property all that it could and should be!

Room Tip: View over the golf course looking toward the mountains is lovely!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bgonthego
RenaissanceEsmeralda, General Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

We take great pride in providing excellent customer service and were very disappointed to hear that we fell short in this area during your stay. We will be following up with the front desk, housekeeping and waitstaff departments as we strive to make each visit feel as though Renaissance Esmeralda is your home away from home with exemplary, friendly service. We hope you will consider visiting us again one day soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I made an appointment for the february spa special. The deal was 60 minutes for 119. They didnt communicate that with the massuse and charged me extra for a 90 minute massage i had never asked for. The room had spiders it was gross. When we checked in we had asked for a non-connecting room. They gave us 1 anyways and when we asked them to change they said they would let us know when a room was available. Needles to say they never did.i will never stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Bsromero
RenaissanceEsmeralda, General Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for bringing these items to our attention. We were very sorry to hear about the mix-up with your spa treatment and that our front office did not follow up on your request to move to a non-connecting guest room if one became available. Please be assured that we have addressed these issues with our team members.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Renaissance in Indian Wells, CA. It was a very quick turnaround trip, with some built in stress, but the hotel made it worth every mile. Front desk was not friendly, but very efficient, as we were given a beautiful room with a view of the golf course and mountains. The concierge recommended the Cliff House for dinner, which turned into a spectacular evening. The lobby bartender provided outstanding service, our room service was fabulous, and even the valet parker was great. Between my wife and I, we have nearly 60 years in the hotel business. She is an HR Director, I am a GM (not with this company), so we are fairly tough judges, and not easy to impress. So....we were very impressed!

Room Tip: Corner suites are excellent, especially overlooking the golf course and the mountains.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

As industry professionals, we so appreciate your wonderful comments and hope we see you back again one day soon!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We came to the dessert a few days earlier than our timeshare was available so we stayed at the Esmeralda. Our room offered a magnificent view and the bed was extremely comfortable. What made this beautiful hotel outstanding was the staff. Pretty much everyone wanted you to know their name in case you needed further service. Whether we were in the lounge, by the pool or at the bar, we were offered to have food served to us. When my niece and her kids visited, we enjoyed dinner in the lounge so they could wander while we talked. The pool was the best part.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Upon checking into this beautiful resort, I was amazed with the beauty of the property. With a lavish golf course and plenty of palm trees it made this place look like an Oasis. FD Staff was very friendly and greeted me accordingly. The agent indicated that she assigned me a room overlooking the golf course. I couldn’t see it because of my late arrival. I arrived around 10:50pm. When I entered into my room, it was a double bed room. No problem. I was by myself on a business trip anyway. I went to turn on the table lamps and none were working. After 5 min. of trying to figure this out before I called engineering, it turned out that the lamps were not plugged in. I had to move the bed and run the wire over my headboard. I left the wires exposed thinking that housekeeping or engineering would come in and properly run the wires. Today is Thursday and I check out tomorrow. The wires are still running on top of my headboard. I tried to place an order on Monday around 10:55pm. Apparently, IRD Closes here at 11pm and the valley shuts down whereas you couldn’t even place an order for delivery. All week long when I arrived back to my room around 11pm, I knew that the only bits of morsels would be from the mini-bar. So all week long I would break out the Famous Amos Cookies and a can of Pepsi. Oh yeah, they don’t carry coke here! Look if you want a nice place to stay then this property is it, but be prepared to starve if you’re staying here Monday-Thursday!! You can always check in at the Hyatt across the street. Very, very nice property and there IRD delivers after 11pm. My advise here: Do groceries before checking in!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
RenaissanceEsmeralda, General Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing how much you enjoyed the beauty of our resort and the friendliness of our team. We apologize about the trouble with the bedside lamps and have addressed this with our housekeeping and engineering teams. Additionally, please know that on a future visit, we can prearrange in-room dining so that it works with your schedule. We hope to see you back one day soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Wells
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!