“Excellent Marriott property”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent Marriott property”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here for a conference and enjoyed my three days there. The rooms are large and I had a wonderful view of the mountains. Staff are polite and helpful in a very "corporate" manner - not bad, but no personal touches either. I suppose it's difficult in a hotel as large as this.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
Stockton, CA
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

The resort is beautiful. We had great meals. We golfed at IW club. Only downside was that we could not get service at outside bar area. Other tables were served but we had to flag down servers every time to get food or drinks. Tried to tell management but they were not available.

• Stayed December 2012
Yucaipa, California
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I just want to say that this was a last minute getaway. We have driven by this hotel but didn't remember the name, so we drove into the parking lot and I started looking on my cell phone and seen that they had a 24 hour sale for $134.00. So we decided that before we booked it the room that we would walk in and look around. we were WOW nice hotel and all the staff were smiling and greeted it and at that moment we decided to give it a try. So we went to the front desk to book a room and were we told the room was 179.00 and I mention the price we seen on line and we were given the rate we seen online. That was awesome!!! We then got to are room and it was beautiful and clean loved It!!! Then we went to the bar down stairs and I had the Cuban Society that was recommended by Tony and he was right that drink was really good and he was awesome I recommended you to go to the bar and ask for Tony he is great!!!
I really recommended this hotel it is great and the staff is the best!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Corona, California
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

What a great place! We stayed 2 nights for a conference and everything was perfect. Our room was beautiful, the staff was expeditious when we asked for extra toiletries and the food was yummy.
Cava had an amazing wild mushroom soup and served us even close to closing time without a problem. The next night we sat by the pool until 11 pm and no one forced us out or gave us any problem.
I'm not sure about the issues others mentioned, but our stay was wonderful!
Oh! The beds are wonderful!

• Stayed November 2012
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I would really like to say how much we liked this resort. And if we had only stayed the one night (Thanksgiving night) that would be the case. But we were there for 3 nights. The 2nd and 3rd nights were something out of a horror movie. A regional little league baseball team checked in. I am not exaggerating when I say that there were over 200 kids between 5 and 15 running, screaming, yelling, jumping, singing, dancing, cramming 20 to an elevator and riding up and down and up and down and then using the tops of the walls that look over the atrium on the 5th and 6th floors as a balance beam. It was a nightmare. I take my hat off to the resort's staff - they were always pleasant, smiling, helpful, courteous and EXTREMELY accommodating when we asked to be seated, for dinner, in an area where there were no kids. The resort itself is very nice - a great outdoor dining area, nice lounge/bar area, beautiful grounds and convenient to Palm Springs itself as well as Joshua Tree National Park and Palomar Mountain. Just all those screaming kids. I wish management would have informed us of this when I made the reservation.

Room Tip: Do not take a room that overlooks the atrium - it's like being in a gymnasium - the sound travel...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SBrantley
RenaissanceEsmeralda, General Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your lovely comments about our team members and their service to you. We apologize for the disruption with the children. We hope you will consider coming back to visit and suggest that you call our resort directly and we can provide you with specific information for an upcoming stay.
California
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed in this hotel on the Nov 22, 2012 in room 6007

pro:
1: No bed bug report. It is very hard to find the hotels in palm spring, palm desert or india wells area without bed bugs and available.

Cons:
1: I have 2 stains on my bed
2: Hotel was remodel but the detail was pretty rough
3: The desk in the room has a huge white paint spot from the top to bottom.
4: the bed was so soft. It make me and my husband wake up with the back pain.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank justteresa
We are very sorry to hear that your guest room was not to your satisfaction. We have done a review of the room and assure you that we have addressed your comments. We take great pride in providing the Marriott bed and apologize that the bed was too soft.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had a small family reunion, 25 people. The pool was great, spent hours in it reminiscing! The grounds were lovely and clean. The Restaurant prepared our menu for our reunion get-together and it was fabulous and the price was reasonable. Bravo to the chef, and the servers were all great! Would definitely recommend and go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!