“Exclusive resort”

Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 3 days that ended to short. It boosts a very large family pools with a sand beach. The depth ranges 1-4 ft which is friendly for all. A bar is in the center with TVs, misters and all the adult beverage one can consume. Adjacent is an 18 hole golf course. I would highly recommend this facility if you are in the Palm Springs area.

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Reviewed August 20, 2012

After one calamitous night at La Quinta, we switched over to the Renaissance Esmerelda and were soo happy. Beautiful, clean, comfortable rooms with many conveniences. We have stayed here on several occasions and never been disappointed. The service was even better than before with all the staff going out of their way to be friendly and helpful. Room service was speedy and delish.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

This was our second stay here grated we paid more than double this time and was lied to by front desk about all pool view rooms being closed for remodel when clearly you could see from the pool guests in those very rooms that were all "closed". The pool is huge and has a cooling system while most palm Springs hotels don't and feels like swimming in a jacuzzi.this place you can actually get in the water. The rooms where beautiful and very comfy. Although housekeeping wasn't impressive since they left wet floors in bathroom which my daughter fell on and hurt her back. That wasn't the first time they left floor wet.the breakfast buffet is very overpriced at 24$ per person and the pool drinks cost more than vegas. 12$ for a cup of a blended drink really? Besides all these other issues this is a very comfy accommodating luxurious overpriced fun place to stay.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have stayed at this resort both for a family vacation and for business conferences. Incredible outdoor pool and spa area (including a sandy beach) and beautifully maintained grounds. The hotel itself is immaculate, with well-maintained rooms and top-notch common areas. There are multiple restaurants on site that serve excellent food. Very good place to take the kids for a few days. Also a very nice location for conferences and events...one of the very best hotels in this area (including Palm Springs).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel between August 6-8, 2012. Upon check-in, I called the hotel to reconfirm my reservation. I stated to the front desk person that I'm a Platinum member and would there be a chance to great a nice room with a pool view? She told me no problem, we take care of our Platinum members. When I checked into the hotel, I asked about my room and the front desk person told me that my room will be facing the mountain. I asked why not a pool view and he simply said we have nothing for you. When I walked into my room, there was no mountain view, it was a view of the parking lot. This was very upsetting! I asked for another room and they told me there was nothing. I give the front desk staff a D. The bell staff, grade is a big F. Example - When I pulled up to the front of the hotel upon check-in, no one asked me if they can help with my bags. Secondly, when I asked if they can recommend a place to eat, they told me they can't because they do not eat around here. My next letter will be to the manager of this hotel expressing my frustration.

1  Thank njdrum
RenaissanceEsmeralda, General Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

As you know, Marriott Hotels and Resorts takes great pride in our level of service and we thank you for your loyalty. We are truly sorry that your guest room request was not met and that the bell team did not take care of you as they should have. We are addressing your concerns and assure you that the issues will be rectified. Please email brian.parsons@renaissancehotels.com so that we can discuss further.

Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Our first time visiting Renaissance Esmeralda in Palm Spring area. I booked 4 nights on the Marriott website, they have very good deals!! Anyway, when we arrived I was so happy to see such a beautiful and clean property. At the front desk, Jackie was so professional at accommoding our needs, she was friendly and had a great attitude which is a plus for first time visitors, clean and spacious rooms with comfy beads and a breathtaking mountain view. Pool area with sandy beach, love the jacuzzi and waterfall. The pool service was really good, make sure to ask for Richard, very nice waiter. The food and drinks were great! I am definetley looking forward to return again, my new favorite Resort to spend time with my family. Thank you Renaissance.

1  Thank Mrocioh77
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This was our second time staying at the Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, and it definitely won't be our last. I don't even consider staying anywhere else while in the Palm Springs area, because this place has it all.

Both times we've stayed has been during the off-season, which is how I like it. The rooms are beautiful, tasteful and spacious. Soft, fluffy towels; a big, comfortable bed; great décor and the "pool view" rooms are definitely worth it. My favorite thing to do upon waking up every morning was to run to the sliding glass door, pull back the blinds, and look down on the awesome pool area - the pond beyond - then the stucco buildings of Indian wells, interspersed with palm trees - and finally those beautiful, rugged mountains framing it all. WHAT a view.

Housekeeping and valet were very friendly and welcoming. Since it was the off-season, the place didn't feel crowded at all. And did I mention that wonderful pool? When I travel, I usually like to spend the day out adventuring, but we dedicated one whole day to just hanging out at the resort, relaxing in the pool, and it was so worth it. Peaceful, serene, total bliss.

Very reasonable pricing - especially during the off-season - is definitely awesome. The first time we stayed here, it was just for the night, while passing through the area. This time, we stayed for three days, and loved every minute of it.

Room Tip: Go for the pool view rooms. It's not much extra and it is WORTH the view!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Wells
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!