“Great resort for families and business events”

Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Oxnard, California
“Great resort for families and business events”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have stayed at this resort both for a family vacation and for business conferences. Incredible outdoor pool and spa area (including a sandy beach) and beautifully maintained grounds. The hotel itself is immaculate, with well-maintained rooms and top-notch common areas. There are multiple restaurants on site that serve excellent food. Very good place to take the kids for a few days. Also a very nice location for conferences and events...one of the very best hotels in this area (including Palm Springs).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel between August 6-8, 2012. Upon check-in, I called the hotel to reconfirm my reservation. I stated to the front desk person that I'm a Platinum member and would there be a chance to great a nice room with a pool view? She told me no problem, we take care of our Platinum members. When I checked into the hotel, I asked about my room and the front desk person told me that my room will be facing the mountain. I asked why not a pool view and he simply said we have nothing for you. When I walked into my room, there was no mountain view, it was a view of the parking lot. This was very upsetting! I asked for another room and they told me there was nothing. I give the front desk staff a D. The bell staff, grade is a big F. Example - When I pulled up to the front of the hotel upon check-in, no one asked me if they can help with my bags. Secondly, when I asked if they can recommend a place to eat, they told me they can't because they do not eat around here. My next letter will be to the manager of this hotel expressing my frustration.

1 Thank njdrum
RenaissanceEsmeralda, General Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
As you know, Marriott Hotels and Resorts takes great pride in our level of service and we thank you for your loyalty. We are truly sorry that your guest room request was not met and that the bell team did not take care of you as they should have. We are addressing your concerns and assure you that the issues will be rectified. Please email brian.parsons@renaissancehotels.com so that we can discuss further.
Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Our first time visiting Renaissance Esmeralda in Palm Spring area. I booked 4 nights on the Marriott website, they have very good deals!! Anyway, when we arrived I was so happy to see such a beautiful and clean property. At the front desk, Jackie was so professional at accommoding our needs, she was friendly and had a great attitude which is a plus for first time visitors, clean and spacious rooms with comfy beads and a breathtaking mountain view. Pool area with sandy beach, love the jacuzzi and waterfall. The pool service was really good, make sure to ask for Richard, very nice waiter. The food and drinks were great! I am definetley looking forward to return again, my new favorite Resort to spend time with my family. Thank you Renaissance.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Mrocioh77
Henrietta, New York
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This was our second time staying at the Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, and it definitely won't be our last. I don't even consider staying anywhere else while in the Palm Springs area, because this place has it all.

Both times we've stayed has been during the off-season, which is how I like it. The rooms are beautiful, tasteful and spacious. Soft, fluffy towels; a big, comfortable bed; great décor and the "pool view" rooms are definitely worth it. My favorite thing to do upon waking up every morning was to run to the sliding glass door, pull back the blinds, and look down on the awesome pool area - the pond beyond - then the stucco buildings of Indian wells, interspersed with palm trees - and finally those beautiful, rugged mountains framing it all. WHAT a view.

Housekeeping and valet were very friendly and welcoming. Since it was the off-season, the place didn't feel crowded at all. And did I mention that wonderful pool? When I travel, I usually like to spend the day out adventuring, but we dedicated one whole day to just hanging out at the resort, relaxing in the pool, and it was so worth it. Peaceful, serene, total bliss.

Very reasonable pricing - especially during the off-season - is definitely awesome. The first time we stayed here, it was just for the night, while passing through the area. This time, we stayed for three days, and loved every minute of it.

Room Tip: Go for the pool view rooms. It's not much extra and it is WORTH the view!
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Let me start by saying, we have stayed in this hotel numerous times, and the service related to the front desk, and valet/ bell staff keeps getting worse and worse. Our last visit was for the july 4th holiday. Front desk checked us in to a room that had not been cleaned, and then argued with me about it. I called numerous times for the front desk manager, and never did hear anything from any management of any nature. Front desk finally assigned us a new room, asked us to go to the room and they would meet us there. We waited over 15 minutes for someone to show. House keeping felt sorry for us, so they let us in the room.
The bell staff had a pretty nasty attitude when they dropped the keys off almost 45 minutes later. Then neither key would work, had to have new keys from front desk.
I emailed the hotel after our stay, but never heard from anyone.
On another note, the house keeping manager made a serious effort to make sure the room was correct the second time, and the pool staff did a great job keeping drinks coming.
I hope corporate can get a handle on management, and get their issues resolved.

• Stayed July 2012
RenaissanceEsmeralda, General Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
We are truly sorry that you were checked in to a guest room that hadn’t been seen by housekeeping and that the situation was not rectified properly. We take great pride in providing excellent service and assure you that the situation has been addressed. We are very pleased to know that our housekeeping and pool teams took great care of you and hope that you will consider another visit with us on a future visit to the Coachella Valley.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This hotel was fantastic. The pool is huge (can be a little crowded) but also open from 6am to 11pm. If you go early in the morning or late at night (which is the best time to go anyways) it is great. rooms have been updated recently and are spacious and comfortable. The golf course was phenomenal. I would stay here again anytime. Not sure how crowded it would be in the busy season as I went in the summer. The hotel staff and service was outstanding.

Room Tip: See if you can get a corner room, they are bigger and have windows on both sides!
Biddeford
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Enjoyed a family reunion here(second year in a row) in July. Great place for young children (we had four Grandchildren) as the pool is only 3 feet deep. Very close to downtown where shops and restaurants abound. Great breakfast buffet too. Planning on next year return already.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!