“Club Level Fantastic”

GreenLeadersSilver level
South Riding, Virginia
“Club Level Fantastic”
Reviewed May 31, 2006

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt Grand Champions from 5/25-5/28/06. We had great experiences at the following: Club Level (Concierge, Janice Hall was wonderful), Couples massage and "kids free" (sort of).
The hotel is a wonderful getaway for families and kids are kept occupied without getting in adults way. Until my wife and I walked to the other pool, we didn't know kids and pets were even there. Definitely take advantage of the spa treatment, which is calm, relaxing and rejuvenating. A-plus spa!
Now for the bad...parking was tight during one day of our visit. Our view was OK, but this will be remedied once the section of the golf course is complete. Although cocktails are not free, I highly recommend the club level. It's a great way to hang out with other guests, get a bite to eat or just watch the game on the big screen. Overall the hotel is "Above Average +" and we would go back again, and again, and again...Indian Wells is truly paradise in the desert.
Melisa & Marc

• Stayed May 2006
4 Thank marcabatchelor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 30, 2006

We have stayed at different Hyatts and were always pleased so we expected a good time on this trip. Checked in our non-smoking room smelled like cigarettes. Pulled back the bed covers and there are blood stains that were old but nonetheless unpleasant. But by far the worst was the pool area. It is too small and the staff does not keep it clean. The pools open at 7:00 am but the whole area in the morning was still a mess, with newspapers, trash, and food at the bottom of the pools, and litter all over the grounds not picked up from the day before. Reluctantly we let our kids swim in the pools since that was why we went there. We spend as little time as possible at the hotel and instead spent two days shopping and going to rated G movies to get our young kids to forget about the pools. Will never go back.

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Walpole, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 25, 2006

Don't get me wrong -- the service is great, the location is lovely, grounds & pool are fabulous...but I was surprised mostly that it wasn't quite as clean as I would have expected! The best example of this: "clean" towels with stains on them and "clean" pillowcases with black marks that looked like makeup markings or something??

Now seriously, I'm not one of those super-picky reviewers...this is a WONDERFUL hotel! I would just rate the standard guest rooms as "4 star" and everything else as "5 star".

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank mellenbal
Exmouth
Reviewed May 5, 2006

We've just returned from a 26 day vacation which included Hawaii and Palm Springs. This Hotel and Resort was excellent. I can't understand the criticism and we shall defintely return. There is no real need for valet parking when the free parking is adjacent to the hotel. We also found the health spa fantastic - the best we've ever used.

For those with kids this is a great selection of hotel and the shops and malls are 10-15 min drive.

The food was good and the service ideal over the 7 nights we were at the Hotel.

We took a pool view which was ideal and I would suggest at least 3rd flor for the best views.

6 Thank Paul_A_Kelly
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed May 4, 2006

As a non-Californian, I can see why this is where you go when you are looking for an escape from the city. The amenties were fantastic. We played bocce ball, rode bikes, took a sauna, great workout equipment, and played tennis as all part of the daily resort fee. The adult pool was aptly named the Oasis, as I can't remember seing so many kids at the other pool areas as during our four day stay there...it seemed like 100s of kids. As soon as we entered the adult only area, it was quiet, calm and peaceful. It was a huge property, and it was apparent they were almost fully booked, but we still were able to do everything at anytime. The facilities are excellent.

The rooms are very large, as are the bathrooms. The golf course is being completely redone, so you are overlooking sand instead of lush green gardens, but you have so much fun, it doesn't matter. Definitely relaxing to walk into the room.

Overall, friendly staff. The concierge is good at recommending, but only if you clearly know what type of food you want ahead of time...they were not good at helping you narrow down your options or suggesting dining ideas. The neighborhood itself is also very nice, I enjoyed it more than when we drove into Palm Springs.

4 Thank thankstomiles
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 19, 2006

My family and I just got back from the Hyatt on Easter Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I had originally planned a trip to Mexico for Spring Break to enjoy the sun and sand with my wife and three children, but were at the last minute notified that is was cancelled due to the whole Sun Trips buy out. As you can imagine we were scrambling trying to find a place that was available since it is tough to find accomodations for 5. We had stayed in Palm Springs last year for Spring Break so we looked around and found that there was a room available at the Hyatt in Indian Wells. We are glad we found it because everyone enjoyed the pools, kids activities and spa. I cannot say enough good things about those who organized and set up the daily kids events (i.e. reptile show, clowns, petting zoo, dive-in movies in the evening and crafts). My kids looked at the schedule each day to see what was coming and were able to keep from getting bored with just swimming in the pools. On Easter Sunday the Hyatt had crafts in the a.m. for the kids then a Easter egg hunt. Kudos to you on that one! Also, the fitness center was great and all staff members were very courteous.
Here are a couple minor points that I was not expecting:
1. My daughter and I played tennis and found out that it cost $10 per racket rental fee. I wish they would have just charged my room and then credited me back when we returned the rackets instead.
2. Offer free wireless internet instead of us having to sign-up for a tmobile hotspot service.

All in all it was a great stay and would recommend the Hyatt to family and friends.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
toronto
Reviewed April 19, 2006

arrived for the recent easter long weekend, going to room, around 5pm, you could see trays still left outside from the morning breakfast, filthy, and sort of smelly... really great idea to put the children's play area adjacent to the adult pool area, not much cohesive thinking in that matter, and the way they pile people into the regency club room for breakfast, do yourself a favour and skip it, a high end resort like this should be cleaner... if this is a newer place it is really not aging well, little upkeep to speak of .... would not return.

1 Thank tjdunn
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!