“Very nice resort”

Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 19, 2005

Stayed here over the fourth of July weekend and was very happy with every
thing overall.
The rooms were very impressive and it had oversized bathrooms with large showers and separate bath tubs.
The adult pool was great but also offered kids pool and activites which was a plus.
The grounds are beautiful along with the spa and gym.
Will definitely stay here again.

2  Thank sanitamarie
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Reviewed July 9, 2005

We just returned from the Hyatt. We spent one night there and will return. Here's is a quick summary of our stay:

Room
Our room was very spacious and modern. The bathroom was huge and very nicely done. The bed was a little hard, but very comfortable overall. We requested a refrigerator for our room, and they delivered it with no charge.

Pool
The adult pool was great. It was crowded, but what can you expect with 105 degree temperatures? The pool bar was good. The scenary around the pool was fantastic.

Location
The hotel is about 30 minutes away from Palm Springs, so late night fun is a little tough to find.

Staff
Everyone that we met was very nice.

7  Thank Packinmybags8181
Reviewed July 8, 2005

MY wife and I wanted to have a weekend getaway, a date of sorts. The experience was outstanding! The service, from the lobby staff to the parking attendants, was very courteous and friendly.
Our room was on the first floor by the pool which made it easy to start the water fun. Anyway, this was the cleanest, fanciest and friendliest luxory resort we've ever stayed at. It was very hot, but worth the stay. We also played golf there at the Indian Wells golf resort, literally a stones through away. Very nice course.
We would highly recommend this resort.

5  Thank Frank R
Reviewed June 29, 2005

Having a very stressful job, I was looking forward to some R & R and decided on a spontaneous trip to the Palm Springs area...booked this hotel off of Hotwire for $108/night (which I guess is a good deal considering the on-season rates). However, I was wary from the get-go when the hotel was significantly discounted on all the travel websites compared to adjacent hotels. Needless to say, the Hyatt was booked solid through the weekend. The room itself was very nice and clean, newly remodeled with a great bathroom. Even the parking lot views are nice with the mountains in the background. However, that is where the fun ends. I have stayed at many resorts, and I have NEVER been to a pool complex that was more crowded than this one. Getting pool chairs is similar to finding a parking spot in the middle of Manhattan. The pools themselves were filled with people...most of them were dirty and none of them were very big...and one pool had to get shut down because one kid crapped in the pool. If I wanted this, I'd stay at home...wait my complex's pool is cleaner and less crowded than the Hyatt! Had to actually walk to the bar and a flag a waitress down, since they never had any pool service. The adult pool was a joke, i've seen wading pools bigger than this. They need to seriously remodel the pool complex. I don't know what the adult pool is usually like, but it was filled with so many damn people (real obnoxious ones at that ) it reminded me of spring break. Yuck. If you want nightlife, good luck...Palm Springs is a good half hour away and by the time you get back for the night there's no self parking - so you have to deal with the rent-a-cops and part in the valet lot. The rent-a-cop gestapo are ridiculous...i guess they are not used to people staying out past 11pm. In typical nickel-and-dime Hyatt fashion, there is a $14 resort fee tacked onto the nightly rate...so ya, the workout facility is nice, but you're paying for it. In addition, you actually have to call the front desk for the housekeeping staff to place fresh towels and linens in the room (I guess it is standard procedure there to change the towels and linens once every three days..yuck!). I change my towels more often in my own house. Was so irritated by the trip my friend and I ended up checking out at 8 am on Sunday....hope other people have a better experience here than I did..won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2005
1  Thank irvoc_78
Reviewed June 19, 2005

Just had 4 nights at this hotel and it was fabulous. However I had the benefit of walking in and asking first to see a room before booking. I was a shown a third floor, recently remodelled room with a pool veiw. The room was huge, plush and just lovely. There are 7 pools including a private , quiet adults pool and wonderful lush landscaping. Whilst I was there I saw older rooms with car park views and nothing like the plushness of our room so other peoples experiences could differ considerably. I could have paid $90 on a discount website and I think that those who do this will be given a far inferior room that will change the whole feel of their stay. I was told that our room was $160 but after asking about an internet rate they said they would do it at Hyatts rate of $119 (midweek). Beware you will also be charged $14 per day for use of sauna, gym and free incoming faxes etc weather you use these facilities or not. we were not told this and when queried they reluctantly refunded our money. Also using the telephone should be done with great caution as 4 local 30 second calls (all wrong numbers) cost me over $30 and one 5 minute call to 20 miles away cost $17, strewth!

Hyatt does these deals in peak summer as they cannot fill the rooms during the hot season (normal rate $340) and they are clever at 'adding on' so if you want a deal then pay for the room, querie the $14 extra charge (it really should be inclusive) and lay off of the telephone and minibar otherwise it'll bleed you dry.
There are amazing deals to be had in Palm Springs in the hot season so do not stay in a mediocre room for a hundred bucks when so many lovely resorts will do you a lovely room with amazing pool coplexes and beautiful fittings and fixtures for the same money.

• Stayed: June 2004
3  Thank Honestpaul
Reviewed June 7, 2005

I just stayed at this Hyatt over Memorial Day weekend, and our family had a wonderful time. There were six of us: 2 couples in their 30s and 40s and our parents who are in their 70s. There was something fun we all could enjoy. We spent our days at the Oasis Pool, the only adults-only pool at the resort. This pool was really relaxing, pretty quiet but busy enough, and the service to get food and cocktails was excellent. Cabanas were available, but not necessary. The food at the resort was really good. We only ate lunch and breakfast there, but to eat overlooking the golf course or poolside (or to get Starbucks from the lobby espresso place) was great. This was actually our second visit to the Grand Champions, and I know we'll be back.

• Stayed: May 2005
3  Thank maverick8275
Reviewed June 6, 2005

Great view. Nice rooms. This should be a four or five star hotel and yet it often fails to meet my expectations. On several visits our room wasn't ready on arrival. On one visit the first room we were in overlooked the parking lot even though we had reserved the golf course view. On another visit we paid for the Regancy Club but were disappointed by the number of unsupervised children in the club.

To there credit they eventually fix the problems, but you don't go to a nice hotel to deal with problems.

• Stayed: February 2005, traveled on business
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage

Been to Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!