“Love the Villas!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Highland Park, Illinois
“Love the Villas!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I flew to LA to visit our kids and decided to spend a few days in the desert. We stayed in a one bedroom villa at the W end of the property. (The villas are off the beaten path but the hotel has carts to take you to and from the main building…. We appreciated the staff always asking if we wanted a ride but preferred the exercise ) The view from our terrace of the mountains and golf course was outstanding - especially when viewed from our private hot tub!
The living area is quite large with flat screen and fireplace. The kitchen area ( actually a built in wet bar with microwave and small refrigerator) was fine for our purpose. There's a fabulous stainless grill on the patio so you really could make lunch or dinner and eat inside or out… The villa is stocked with dishes, glassware and silverware.
The grounds are quite nice with 2 separate pool areas - a quiet adult pool and a series of kid pools near the outdoor restaurant.. We spent our time at the adult pool. There are 3 levels surrounding the pool. Pool deck with lounges, grassy area with lounges and cabanas at the top. My only complaint ( which the hotel has assured me is being dealt with ) was the large group who brought their 2 lap dogs to cavort on the lawn at the pool…. In order to enter the pool area, they had to go through the gate with the sign stating NO PETS IN POOL AREA. Obviously, the rules don't apply to some people. Back to the hotel…. We had breakfast at Lantana and lunches at the pool area. Food and service were great! We also ordered a room service snack to our patio!!! Talk about decadent….we didn't even have to answer the door. All in all, a wonderful getaway that we'd take again and again!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lspies

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (502)
  • Korean first
LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Another great family vacation at the Hyatt. Best value in the desert. Large rooms (in Vegas they would say they are "suites". Standard rooms have couch with pull out beds. Would not want to have an adult sleep on them but kids thought it was great.

Did room service twice and was very satisfied. Other than forgetting the toast no issues. Was hesitant to get a molten chocolate cake from room service but cake was warm and ice cream cold.

Only complaint was a slightly noisy A/c system. Wife loved the spa which was typical resort prices.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
los angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel. It has the potential to be fantastic. But here are my complaints. The air conditioner does not keep the room cool in summer heat. The rooms are large and beautiful, but it was never cool. The hotels draws large crowds, but cannot accomodate upkeep. The adult pool was disgusting by the time I wanted to swim. Cups, trash, and much more were floating in it. Perhaps a skim by the pool personal that was doing nothing would have helped. Then there was the valet. I did not want to park there, but was forced to because their lot was full. Again cannot accommodate large crowds. I called down to have my car brought up. When I got down there, my car was no where around, and there were many attendants doing nothing. When I found some one to give my ticket to, the driver brought my car up. After this service is a good tip expected, how much is appropriate? Well apparently the driver wasn't pleased and held it up in the air to show his associate he got a small tip! REALLY? The head of valet did respond to my complaint, offered to make it up to me, and wanted me to give another try. Very kindly he warned me about one weekend I wanted to come, but said it was really crowded. I was offered a suite at 150.00, not bad at all, but I didn't want to chance to pool. After that, in future attempts I was pretty much not remembered until I reminded them who I was. I began to feel like I was begging for them to give ME another chance. Well the last attempt was an offer of 159.00 for a regency club room with free valet. I can get a room at a far superior place for 100.00, and the rack rate is 234.00 for that room. Add on the resort fee of 25.00 per night and to me, for a business that would really be trying, I kindly refused their offer. This hotel has no class.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank perttula
ServiceManager44600, Manager at Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Guest Pertulla;

I sincerely apologize for the service challenges you experienced on your initial stay and that our management staff has been unable to coordinate a suitable return visit to the resort. Your satisfaction remains a top priority for us and we would love to continue the dialog to see how we might achieve that. You may reach out to me directly at qualitychamp@hyatt.com.

We look forward to seeing you back again soon.
Best Regards, Kathy
Bainbridge Island, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

While the Villa Suites are a bit pricey, we had the most beautiful patio suite view of the golf course and sunset over the mountains. Very nice private patio jacuzzi. Ask for villa 725. Definitely worth the price. Ate 2 nights at Lantana restaurant. Food A+. Service by very knowledgeable Jason was super. If you're going to the desert, spend the extra for this experience.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlsbad, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

When booking our room, I opted for a view room facing the mountains. The room was large, clean and well furnished and the beds were comfortable. The only annoyance was the loudness of the AC.
The major disappointment was the so-called view. When sitting on the balcony what we mainly saw was a conference center and parking lot. What we heard on the balcony was people loading and unloading their cars. It was not peaceful. Yes there were mountains in the background, but they were an afterthought.
Breakfast was included in our package and generally the meals were very good. Ironically, the one that was problematic was a basic eggs, bacon and potatoes plate. Everything was cold.
The swimming pool areas were attractive and there is an adults only pool.
The staff were friendly and efficient.
I always get annoyed at hotels that charge both a resort fee and a parking fee. It just comes across as nickel and diming. However, I knew about it in advance.
We would consider staying here again if the price were right but would request a pool view.

Room Tip: Most of the mountain view rooms overlook the parking lot and conference center.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Solana Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We just returned from a family vacation over Thanksgiving, and can highly recommend the resort. The regular hotel rooms were very good (although not memorable), and the two bedroom villa with a small plunge pool was outstanding- perfect for get-togethers with the family. The resort facilities and location were excellent (between Palm Desert and La Quinta is the place to be in the area). Best of all was the marvelous service provided by all the staff- I have never found a more friendly, pleasant and accommodating group in any hotel any place in the world!

Room Tip: Check out the one and two bedroom villas (complete with butler service).
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank southerncal10
Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights last month and were upgraded to a Presidential Suite (due to diamond upgrade). What a beautiful room. Plenty of space, huge balcony with large daybed and chairs, dining table, wrap around sofa, large screen TV, bar area, huge bathroom, half bath, nice TV in the bedroom...just everything you could want. The rain shower worked great. There was a large bathtub with bath salts which looked inviting. Nice amenities in the bathroom (aloe after sun was a nice touch). We had access to the Regency Club which was nice. Food assortment got old after awhile. I would have liked some plain snack food like pretzels. I didn't like that you had to pay for drinks, although $5 for a glass of wine was not too bad. Staff was helpful. Sunsets were beautiful from the lounge.

The Hyatt has an expansive pool area with several pools. The adult pool is the way to go - nice thick cushions on the lounge chairs and attentive service. The complex is very large so it is a long walk to the pool, room and parking lot. But this is typical of large hotels like this. The halls and walkways were nicely decorated and laid out so walks were enjoyable.

The one thing I had a problem with, and one of my all-time pet peeves, is the $25 resort fee. They said it paid for the safe in the room (really??? safes are free at just about all hotels, especially Hyatts everywhere else), bike rental (OK, but I didn't use them. Why couldn't I just pay to rent them?), golf carts or club portage or something, the gym, etc. All a bunch of stuff I had no intention on using. I absolutely find this despicable. Just charge more for the room so I don't have to know that you are holding me up, although why I should subsidize people playing golf or riding bikes or using the gym is beyond me. I would not come back here because of it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa

Been to Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!